TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton on the way

Well I finally ordered a paxton supercharger for the Shelby last week as a Christmas present to myself. I got a great deal from Breenspeed, John was very helpfull. I'm just going with the 1200SL for now. I also got the Steeda Delete plates to smooth the airflow a bit. I'm going to do the install myself since I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Any pointers would be appreciated! I'm really jazed to get it installed. :happy feet:

Well I finally ordered a paxton supercharger for the Shelby last week as a Christmas present to myself. I got a great deal from Breenspeed, John was very helpfull. I'm just going with the 1200SL for now. I also got the Steeda Delete plates to smooth the airflow a bit. I'm going to do the install myself since I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Any pointers would be appreciated! I'm really jazed to get it installed. :happy feet:

Would love to help you with the install if you need an extra set of hands. Give me a call.

Robert

Congrats! I can't wait to get mine back, reborn! The Paxton/Shelby combo is legendary. Surprised it's not offered in the GT/SC package at least for the 07 models just because of the name and history. I never did hear if they ever got them certified for installation on the 08 models (gov't regulation stuff).

Get a hold of Ken Ahmann aka kahmann, he has done this install and is a great guy

Andrew

I thought you could still get them installed at the mod shop...

They do install them at the mod shop but they cannot be installed by Shelby as a manufacturer so the car will not be in the registry as a factory SC car. The Paxton is still not 50 state legal for CARB cert. I spoke with Paxton about two months ago and as they have said for two years, "it will be soon, about a month or so"

There are som tricky sections to the install, it does take a little paticence, so take your time, and it will go pretty smooth and you will be happy with the results.

Make sure you pay close attention to the spacers, and yes at times you will wish you had a third hand to help.

Enjoy and have fun!

Jeff

Congratulations! I had the Paxton 2200sl/intercooler installed about a year ago and the ride is incredible. Mine was tuned by Injected Engineering in Kennesaw and those guys do a superb job.

Good luck with the new toy.

post-20198-0-04013900-1293816425_thumb.jpg

post-20198-0-04013900-1293816425_thumb.jpg

I have the 1200SL non-intercooled. I was told buy guy at Paxton that that blower is capable of 750HP with the right pulley, intercooler, internals combo. The 2200SL is capable of 1000. I am planning on about 600 to 625 so I figured the 1200 was good for me.

Congratulations !

I installed the 1200SL and motion delete plates / summer of '09 : it made 400 rwhp 378 tq

SVOC, Jeff, just installed the air-to-air intercooler kit that I bought from Ken Ahmann. I'll be getting a dyno tune in a couple of weeks :)

Good luck with the installation ; it can be frustrating at times but hang in there.

Ed

Interested in how it goes on the install. Something about a Paxton on the SGT, just seems right.

What is the advantage of the Brenspeed Paxton package over the Shelby Paxton package? Is it just price or is Brenspeed a better installer on these cars than our beloved Shelby American?

Price, and Brenspeed has thier own tune for the kit, otherwise you get Paxtons tune, now that Shelby has the new shop with a dyno, that may all change, but you also don't get the shelby branded paxton from Brenspeed. All depends on how much that matters to you!

Congratulations! I had the Paxton 2200sl/intercooler installed about a year ago and the ride is incredible. Mine was tuned by Injected Engineering in Kennesaw and those guys do a superb job.

Good luck with the new toy.

What a coincidence! I saw your car as it was being finished by Injected Engineering. I was there to meet them as I was looking for someone who knew what they were doing and I could trust with my car when I need some install help. Did they do the tune for you or did you order a canned tune? You still happy with the work and the performance?

Robert

What a coincidence! I saw your car as it was being finished by Injected Engineering. I was there to meet them as I was looking for someone who knew what they were doing and I could trust with my car when I need some install help. Did they do the tune for you or did you order a canned tune? You still happy with the work and the performance?

Robert

Injected tuned. I have had numerous mods done by them: frpp dual fuel pump, lower control arms, jba shorty headers, the Paxton. Aric does meticulous work, Ryan is very easy to work with. I have been very happy with their work and with their attention to detail.

Price, and Brenspeed has thier own tune for the kit, otherwise you get Paxtons tune, now that Shelby has the new shop with a dyno, that may all change, but you also don't get the shelby branded paxton from Brenspeed. All depends on how much that matters to you!

Thankss. I am still thinking SC, as a new Shelby GT350 would cost me $70k++. I could put $10-15K in my car and have a car just as nice as the Gt350....well almost. :) But mine would cost me a heck of a lot less to do to in the long run and I would still have a "Ford/Shelby produced Mustang" not a post titled GT350 that was modded. That is one of the things that I don't like about the new GT350 , it'is just an after market modded Mustang, not a factory car like our Shelby GT's. Yes I am biased.

Happy New Year all!!!

Thanks for the offer Robert. I'll keep you posted on an install date.

quote name='young768' timestamp='1293767860' post='1085839']

Would love to help you with the install if you need an extra set of hands. Give me a call.

Robert

Archived