TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car & Driver Lightning Lap 2011

bpmurr

2011 Mustang V6 3.12.5

2011 Mustang GT 3:08.6

2011 GT500 SVTPP 3:04.0

Nice comparison since all cars where ran the same day. I find it interesting they mention the GT500's grinding during shifting in the GT section and praise the GT for not doing the same thing. A big plus for the GT500 is that the car seems not suffer so much from heat soak anymore.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10q4/lightning_lap_2011-feature

Their driver obviously sucks due to the huge difference between C&D's 3:04:0 vs Ford's lap time of 2:58:48 back when it was first released and only was only .2 seconds slower then the ZO6 and .3 faster then the GS.

You'd think they would want to hire a driver that could at least come close to Ford's time and not 6 second's off his lap time which is a freaking eternity and just goes to show how bad of a driver who ever this was.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2011-ford-gt500-bests-2010-v-i-r-lap-time-by-9-seconds-video.html

I cant wait to see the video, and now that its officially in print I'm sure Ford will fix the shifter, since that fixed my 1-2 grind.

Do you still have your Shelby?

never mind I saw the video links. and I've never missed a 2-3 shift.

Nope traded it on a 2010 SHO. Just ordered at 2012 GT today but may try to pickup a used 2011 with low miles come April.

You're gonna regret not getting the Boss.

I think the Boss is over hyped. Minus the motor changes, you can do much better for far cheaper (especially considering ADM) with aftermarket suspension. Hell, a full Griggs set-up is only $5K and it will spank the Boss in handling.

I know there is a lot of hype over the Boss, but I really believe the Boss is a half ass effort. The car doesn't even come with proper coil-over shocks. Plus you add in that is doesn't offer Nav., backup camera, or heated seats which is just about a standard these days even on the cheapo cars.

I can see a point in the LS model, who will likely only see the track, but not the standard fare Boss, and again, if you are going to have a track car, it should have the track goodies, like double adjustable coil-over shocks, non-bushings in the suspension, etc.

Just my take on the Boss project.

I think the Boss is over hyped. Minus the motor changes, you can do much better for far cheaper (especially considering ADM) with aftermarket suspension. Hell, a full Griggs set-up is only $5K and it will spank the Boss in handling.

I know there is a lot of hype over the Boss, but I really believe the Boss is a half ass effort. The car doesn't even come with proper coil-over shocks. Plus you add in that is doesn't offer Nav., backup camera, or heated seats which is just about a standard these days even on the cheapo cars.

I can see a point in the LS model, who will likely only see the track, but not the standard fare Boss, and again, if you are going to have a track car, it should have the track goodies, like double adjustable coil-over shocks, non-bushings in the suspension, etc.

Just my take on the Boss project.

I agree with you. I understand the LS being a track car but the regular Boss should be a daily driver/track car. Why they left out things like HID and Sync doesn't make sense to me. They basically took a Base GT and added go fast parts to it. With all the hands free laws being passed you'd think they'd at least include Sync.

Archived