TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS/6 - CS/8 History request

richstang

At this years (2010) International Mustang Meet I was classed together with modified GT500's, KR's and Supersnakes - I thought my little CS6 stood no chance at all. However my car had a crowd around it all day long and I think I answered the same few questions about it a hundred times or so "so it's a GT500?", "a six? really?"(laughable when the hood was open all day), "how much power does it have?", "where did you buy it?" (easier to show the build pics than explain that one...lol), "did you drive it here?".

To my surprise the little car that could beat out the more expensive competition, followed by a Supersnake and a modded GT500. The Supersnake owner next to me summed it up quite well I think by saying that all the other cars were basically bought as is whereas mine was built to spec and carried more character as a result.

People were always asking how much horsepower and I'd reply 380 (flywheel, 325 rear wheel) and they'd wrinkle their nose until I explained it was a 6 cylinder. Finally I got a V6 decal for the intake cover and sometimes I still get asked what size V8.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little more early history:

The first car was a 2006 Vista blue with light grey interior. It is CSM 0001. It was first shown at the 2005 SEMA show with the snake decal. Ford eventually had them change the decal to prevent confusion with upcoming GT500. 0002 was a Black Car which eventually was returned to the owner? in the Midwest. He tried to sell the car on eBay but it never reached its reserve price and I don't know what became of it after that. In late 2006 the owner of Hillbank and Jason Cenora (who worked for him at the time prior to his starting his own shop 281 Motorsports) produced the first 2 CS-8's which were shown at the next SEMA show. Initially Amy was opposed to the CS-8 idea wanting to keep it as v-6 only (like the Terlingua) but it became fait-accompli. CSM-0003 Silver with ghost grey stripes belongs to a Shelby VP's son and the body kit differed significantly as it used a Mustang CS front fascia and CS side scoops. My car (turn-2) was completed next by Gessford Motorworks (authorized Shelby dealer who builds Cobras for Shelby) in Hastings Nebraska as they were no Shelby shops in existence at the time. It is a 2007 premium with a light grey leather interior. The rear fascia and rear wing are actually off Jason Cenora's car as he replaced them with GT500 parts on his car. At about the same time a Black CS-6 turn-2 was completed by a builder in Las Vegas. I believe the car was eventually sold to someone in western Canada but I'm not sure of this.

A little more early history:

The first car was a 2006 Vista blue with light grey interior. It is CSM 0001. It was first shown at the 2005 SEMA show with the snake decal. Ford eventually had them change the decal to prevent confusion with upcoming GT500. 0002 was a Black Car which eventually was returned to the owner? in the Midwest. He tried to sell the car on eBay but it never reached its reserve price and I don't know what became of it after that. In late 2006 the owner of Hillbank and Jason Cenora (who worked for him at the time prior to his starting his own shop 281 Motorsports) produced the first 2 CS-8's which were shown at the next SEMA show. Initially Amy was opposed to the CS-8 idea wanting to keep it as v-6 only (like the Terlingua) but it became fait-accompli. CSM-0003 Silver with ghost grey stripes belongs to a Shelby VP's son and the body kit differed significantly as it used a Mustang CS front fascia and CS side scoops. My car (turn-2) was completed next by Gessford Motorworks (authorized Shelby dealer who builds Cobras for Shelby) in Hastings Nebraska as they were no Shelby shops in existence at the time. It is a 2007 premium with a light grey leather interior. The rear fascia and rear wing are actually off Jason Cenora's car as he replaced them with GT500 parts on his car. At about the same time a Black CS-6 turn-2 was completed by a builder in Las Vegas. I believe the car was eventually sold to someone in western Canada but I'm not sure of this.

Hey Bill,

I'd like to know where my car would fit into this equation..

It was purchased new in July 2006 and and is a year specific vehicle.

All the component parts for the turn II package were ordered August 2006 and shipped directly from Shelby prior to anything being set up with Hillbank.

It took about 8 months before I actually had most of the component parts as the program was so new and everything was backordered.

To the best of my knowledge, it was one of the only cars to ever have the component parts shipped directly on Shelby (not SPP) invoices as everything after that was to ship from Hillbank or other mod shops.

Hey Bill,

I'd like to know where my car would fit into this equation..

It was purchased new in July 2006 and and is a year specific vehicle.

All the component parts for the turn II package were ordered August 2006 and shipped directly from Shelby prior to anything being set up with Hillbank.

It took about 8 months before I actually had most of the component parts as the program was so new and everything was backordered.

To the best of my knowledge, it was one of the only cars to ever have the component parts shipped directly on Shelby (not SPP) invoices as everything after that was to ship from Hillbank or other mod shops.

Everything was backordered for everyone. My parts trickled in as well. My car was purchased in late July 2006 and delivered in Aug 2006 and is Ford car 6006 for 2007. Assembly was completed in early April 2007 which I guess was about the same time as yours, so there were 3 cars completed in about the same time frame. The supercharger was the biggest delay. What number was your supercharger? Mine is 0008. Since there were 3 prototype cars and I assume Paxton kept at least one for testing, there is a potential for 3 cars before mine with superchargers with lower serial numbers depending on how many Paxton kept back.

Everything was backordered for everyone. My parts trickled in as well. My car was purchased in late July 2006 and delivered in Aug 2006 and is Ford car 6006 for 2007. Assembly was completed in early April 2007 which I guess was about the same time as yours, so there were 3 cars completed in about the same time frame. The supercharger was the biggest delay. What number was your supercharger? Mine is 0008. Since there were 3 prototype cars and I assume Paxton kept at least one for testing, there is a potential for 3 cars before mine with superchargers with lower serial numbers depending on how many Paxton kept back.

I'm not sure if the supercharger serial number is a good indicator for a potential time line.

I had the option to have a s/c shipped early but decided to wait insuring I received the Shelby/Paxton serial plate and not just the Paxton plate which I was advised would be coming down the pipe.

I was originally told a few weeks which unfortunately turned into a few months so based on that alone there could have been several s/c units shipped in the interim.

Then after I smoked the first head unit at about 15,000 km I was forced to purchase a new head unit which has a much higher serial number.

I'm not even sure what the serial number is on my original one but I'll take a look.

As these vehicles were a "build at your own pace" I think the only true indicator would be the original date of invoice from the initial parts orders.

There may have been some vehicles that were started early but were not completed until later or not completed yet and under this program I would say the commencement date would be as important as the completion date.

It would be great if we had some way to document all purchases from this program and to follow up with builders to see what happened with the builds.

Regardless, it's nice to see people still have interest in the vehicles and to post in this forum that was quiet for so long is a treat.

BTW...just checked my serial number on the first Shelby / Paxton name plate and it is 052.... again that's only because I declined the unit with the original Paxton name plate however....my invoices show the first purchase order August 14, 2006 and the initial ship dates ship dates of September 14, 2006 and November 21 2006 but then the car was already in storage which is another reason I decided to wait for the re-plated S/C unit.

I don't own a CS but, I have always been interested in all things Shelby (and Mustangs for that matter). Anyway has anyone seen this "prototype" posted on "The Mustang Source" website. It does not have the full CS package, and I wonder if this is a legitimate car/claim?

post-31184-0-30458300-1297627043_thumb.jpg post-31184-0-00245600-1297627052_thumb.jpg post-31184-0-83329400-1297627064_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-30458300-1297627043_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-00245600-1297627052_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-83329400-1297627064_thumb.jpg

I don't own a CS but, I have always been interested in all things Shelby (and Mustangs for that matter). Anyway has anyone seen this "prototype" posted on "The Mustang Source" website. It does not have the full CS package, and I wonder if this is a legitimate car/claim?

post-31184-0-30458300-1297627043_thumb.jpg post-31184-0-00245600-1297627052_thumb.jpg post-31184-0-83329400-1297627064_thumb.jpg

Not one that I have ever seen before..

The tag looks legit but these things are so easy to have reproduced.

Shelby CS6 prototype a.jpg Shelby CS6 prototype b.jpg Shelby CS6 prototype c.jpg

Doesn't look legit but I could be wrong.

All 3 prototypes had CSM dash plates and stripes. Again the supercharger number would be a giveaway. I bet the number on that one would be over 0100. It is possible they built a test car for the supercharger but I still think the blue car was the test vehicle. Also what year car is that, to be a prototype it would have to be a 2005 or 2006.

I'm not sure if the supercharger serial number is a good indicator for a potential time line.

I had the option to have a s/c shipped early but decided to wait insuring I received the Shelby/Paxton serial plate and not just the Paxton plate which I was advised would be coming down the pipe.

I was originally told a few weeks which unfortunately turned into a few months so based on that alone there could have been several s/c units shipped in the interim.

Then after I smoked the first head unit at about 15,000 km I was forced to purchase a new head unit which has a much higher serial number.

I'm not even sure what the serial number is on my original one but I'll take a look.

As these vehicles were a "build at your own pace" I think the only true indicator would be the original date of invoice from the initial parts orders.

There may have been some vehicles that were started early but were not completed until later or not completed yet and under this program I would say the commencement date would be as important as the completion date.

It would be great if we had some way to document all purchases from this program and to follow up with builders to see what happened with the builds.

Regardless, it's nice to see people still have interest in the vehicles and to post in this forum that was quiet for so long is a treat.

BTW...just checked my serial number on the first Shelby / Paxton name plate and it is 052.... again that's only because I declined the unit with the original Paxton name plate however....my invoices show the first purchase order August 14, 2006 and the initial ship dates ship dates of September 14, 2006 and November 21 2006 but then the car was already in storage which is another reason I decided to wait for the re-plated S/C unit.

My invoice is 7/14/2006, it doesn't have a ship date but I have a ship date for the hood of 9/11/2006 along with something weighing 238lbs arriving on 10/13/2006.

Doesn't look legit but I could be wrong.

All 3 prototypes had CSM dash plates and stripes. Again the supercharger number would be a giveaway. I bet the number on that one would be over 0100. It is possible they built a test car for the supercharger but I still think the blue car was the test vehicle. Also what year car is that, to be a prototype it would have to be a 2005 or 2006.

The photo was taken (or at least marked by the photographer) Sept 1-3 2006 at the MCA 30th anniversary in Alabama, so the timing is about right. Also, it has the razor wheels. When were those first made available?

My invoice is 7/14/2006, it doesn't have a ship date but I have a ship date for the hood of 9/11/2006 along with something weighing 238lbs arriving on 10/13/2006.

This was my point about the S/C serial numbers.

Both of our vehicles were in process at roughly the same time however your s/n: 008 and mine 052.

Even though I waited a few months for the other name plate I find it hard to believe they sold 44 Novi 1200 units within that time but I could be wrong.

The CS6 program was based on a couple of dozen vehicles tops and many of those were turn one cars....how did the S/C numbers get so high ?

If I remember correctly, the S/N on the new head unit (2008) is over 150 + and again that makes no sense if these are sequential.....

Regardless, I think it would be cool to know every vehicle commencement from the start and follow the progression of these cars.

It's the second Shelby CS knock off I see this week. There's one on ebay. Having a few parts doesn't make it a Shelby CS! The car must have the front fascia, the hood, the wheels, the side scoops and the stripes. Anything less is not a CS6/8. And bill, have you seen my new Shelby CS8??post-12665-0-63929000-1297899750_thumb.jpg

post-12665-0-63929000-1297899750_thumb.jpg

It's the second Shelby CS knock off I see this week. There's one on ebay. Having a few parts doesn't make it a Shelby CS! The car must have the front fascia, the hood, the wheels, the side scoops and the stripes. Anything less is not a CS6/8. And bill, have you seen my new Shelby CS8??CS8 Pic 9.jpg

I saw the one on ebay, looks like the same car as above but the pics didn't show a serial # tag.

Both of our vehicles were in process at roughly the same time however your s/n: 008 and mine 052.

Even though I waited a few months for the other name plate I find it hard to believe they sold 44 Novi 1200 units within that time but I could be wrong.

The CS6 program was based on a couple of dozen vehicles tops and many of those were turn one cars....how did the S/C numbers get so high ?

If I remember correctly, the S/N on the new head unit (2008) is over 150 + and again that makes no sense if these are sequential.....

Regardless, I think it would be cool to know every vehicle commencement from the start and follow the progression of these cars.

My s/c serial # is 181

There are non-CS cars that have the supercharger (not too many but some). You could buy the supercharger without any of the CS kit.

• 8 months later...

I came across another picture of the yellow CS car, (#20 on my initial list in this thread). It was noted to be at the 2008 Fords Forever car show at Knott's Berry Farm in Ca.

(This photo and many other exceptional mustang pics can be found on Flick R in the "Navymailman" sets. He's got hundreds of great pictures from Socal events)

post-31184-0-62658400-1321417341_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-62658400-1321417341_thumb.jpg

I came across another picture of the yellow CS car, (#20 on my initial list in this thread). It was noted to be at the 2008 Fords Forever car show at Knott's Berry Farm in Ca.

(This photo and many other exceptional mustang pics can be found on Flick R in the "Navymailman" sets. He's got hundreds of great pictures from Socal events)

Shelby CS6 coupe yellow b.jpg

Another one without the correct front fascia - that has the stock V6 bumper cover with an aftermarket (CDC possibly?) front splitter. Makes you wonder if it's legit at all...if it is then it's dressed as a Turn1 (no "supercharged" moniker on the decal).

Another one without the correct front fascia - that has the stock V6 bumper cover with an aftermarket (CDC possibly?) front splitter. Makes you wonder if it's legit at all...if it is then it's dressed as a Turn1 (no "supercharged" moniker on the decal).

It has the V6 front facia and the GT/V8 rear facia so that is certainly odd. No GT emblem on the front fender so could be a V6 or it was simply removed.

It has the V6 front facia and the GT/V8 rear facia so that is certainly odd. No GT emblem on the front fender so could be a V6 or it was simply removed.

The GT rear fascia is correct for the CS6 so that's fine - the GT emblems use locating pins so removing them would result in holes that would need to be welded shut...it's not impossible that someone would do that but it's unlikely.

The GT rear fascia is correct for the CS6 so that's fine - the GT emblems use locating pins so removing them would result in holes that would need to be welded shut...it's not impossible that someone would do that but it's unlikely.

I didn't realize the GTs had holes in the fender to locate a pin on the GT emblems. That's good to know, thanks. I'd agree the likelihood of someone welding and repainting them is very slim.

It's strange an owner would add all the other CS6 pieces and skip the front bumper facia. Especially odd is to then add the aftermarktet chin spoiler you mention. Since this second photo is from the 2008 Fabulous Ford's event, I wonder if they might have damaged the front CS6 facia, were unable or unwilling to get a replacement, and put back the stock cover. (I'm looking for this car at the same event in earlier or later years).

Most of the pieces look correct. It has the hood, the brakes, the grill, black razors (slightly unusual but not abnormally so). The front fascia is missing but unless you know how to mount it correctly, i.e. shave the foam behind it, it is a real problem to install, so he may have skipped it.

• 6 months later...

Wow..great find...that makes one more vert to the roster...however..

I would like to see additional photos as it doesn't look like it has the large rear rotors, it has the GT500 rear fascia not the GT (this could be changed) and a much newer grille without lights.

Also no lower grille, lanyards and the stripes look like they were installed incorrectly in some pictures and no photos of the S/C..... but that does look like an original turn two plaque.

I don't know if it's the pictures but the side scoops don't look correct either.

If the car is a genuine turn II vert...congrats and welcome to the fold....there are only a few of us out there..

You're right the rear bumper is from a GT500. Here's a link to the build page with lots of info on the build process. They mention working on the lower grille and adding a paxton supercharger. They also suggest this is likely the last CS6 that was/ is built. (No way to really know that without SAI input.) Check out the link below and follow thier link to more pictures on their facebook page.

http://www.lekimportcars.nl/news/8/23/Shelby-CS6-turn-2-Conversion

You're right the rear bumper is from a GT500. Here's a link to the build page with lots of info on the build process. They mention working on the lower grille and adding a paxton supercharger. They also suggest this is likely the last CS6 that was/ is built. (No way to really know that without SAI input.) Check out the link below and follow thier link to more pictures on their facebook page.

http://www.lekimport...rn-2-Conversion

Couldn't access the site but I will try later..

The car does use the newest grill which I believe was only offered after several parts were already discontinued so it probably is a recent build.

The article was posted in April this year. They show numerous pictures of the build process. They did not like the fit of the front bumper cover and spent a day reworking it to fit to their liking. They also had issues with the side scoops staying in place tight to the body. They ended up removing them and refiting with different adhesives. Overall they seemed happy with the end results.

Hi guys,

I wrote your notes on the shelby cs6 you have seen on the lek import cars site.

Now i can tell you that de car is mine. And i can inform you that it is a real turn 2 conversion kit. As far as i am told it is the last one delivered.

I live in the Netherlands and i am proud of my Shelby Cs6.

The kit has been installed now for 4 weeks.

Last weekend i won a price for my car in France.

Greetz Henk

Hi guys,

I wrote your notes on the shelby cs6 you have seen on the lek import cars site.

Now i can tell you that de car is mine. And i can inform you that it is a real turn 2 conversion kit. As far as i am told it is the last one delivered.

I live in the Netherlands and i am proud of my Shelby Cs6.

The kit has been installed now for 4 weeks.

Last weekend i won a price for my car in France.

Greetz Henk

Congratulations on your CS6 !!!! and welcome to the board,

I own from what I understand the first CS6 turn II vert built which is performance white/ parchment , there is a vista blue / black one in western Canada and now your black / black one which I know is a late build and possibly the very last one we will see completed.

I have seen a couple of other verts that were partial builds but I don't believe I recall seeing additional registered vehicles.

I actually bought a Shelby dicast black / black CS6 coupe to go with my collection this weekend at the Carlisle meet in the USA.

We have not been able to get an exact total on fully assembled and registered vehicles but the guess is 20 to 25 which includes CS6 and CS8 builds both turn I and turn II cars.

Make sure you contact Shelby with all of your information and fax all your invoice copies and photos of everything installed on the vehicle so it can be entered in the registry if you haven't done so already.

I'm sure you will love yours as much as we love ours ..

Enjoy your new toy !

Archived