TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Detroit Rocker Cams vs FRPP Hot Rod Cams

My car is running LT with no cats so I am pretty sure it would not pass an emissions test.

I don't have to worry about emissions where I live so I can't speak about Long Tube with cats being able to or not being able to pass emissions. Maybe someone with some experience on this will chime in.

I would like to see the cam profiles of the comp cams stage II NSR , the Brenspeed DR for SC'd cars, and the FRP Hot Rods. None of them require cam phaser lockout, which I believe the comp thumpers do.

Thanks for the info and real world experience. You can get the FRP for $799, detroit rockers are the same and the comps are $649-$659. JPC has a rewards program when you buy from them that you can apply to your next purchase.

How tough is the install?

Remember if you do hotrod cams like I did and installed at the dealer its a one year guarntee from ford free replacement and if cause engine failure its on them !! Verified and justified !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Remember if you do hotrod cams like I did and installed at the dealer its a one year guarntee from ford free replacement and if cause engine failure its on them !! Verified and justified !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know the specs on the N/A Detroit Rocker cams compared to the FRPP Hot Rods?

• 5 months later...

Along with porting and polishing my stock heads, what cams do you like better and would be a better option? Brenspeed's Detroit Rocker Cams, or FRPP's Hot rod cams? I know there are other cams that generate more hp but they require new springs and are way more $. Brenspeed's new detroit rocker cams promise 25-40 hp gains. I also think I like the sound of the detroit rockers better than the hot rods. Just looking for some other thoughts and opinions. :salute:

I like your Shelby GT, you have achieve quite good results with no blower. Are you racing the car? if not how these mods improve everyday ride specially below 3500 rpm ?

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

:rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived