TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3rd Mod

Well, I guess I jumped the gun for a Short Throw shifter, and wanted to have one for the bash so I ordered the only one out there with a significant reduction.

The barton has a 40% reduction, and is well made. My only complaint is the fact that shifting into reverse is really really REALLY hard now. The good news is if Shelby has one, I can supposedly return this one for 30 days after trying it out if I dont like it.

You will notice two things for the new shifters...it is a drop in from the top, so no transmission drops to install, and no long levers, it just drops the shift ball straight into the housing. Simple, and after pulling out the OEM, you will notice how thin the mounting plate is- and I think it is a couple of power shifts away from snapping right off the mounting bracket...DONT POWERSHIFT A STOCK SHIFTER!:salute:

sts.JPG

sts2.JPG

sts.JPG

sts2.JPG

• 6 months later...

Well, I guess I jumped the gun for a Short Throw shifter, and wanted to have one for the bash so I ordered the only one out there with a significant reduction.

The barton has a 40% reduction, and is well made. My only complaint is the fact that shifting into reverse is really really REALLY hard now. The good news is if Shelby has one, I can supposedly return this one for 30 days after trying it out if I dont like it.

You will notice two things for the new shifters...it is a drop in from the top, so no transmission drops to install, and no long levers, it just drops the shift ball straight into the housing. Simple, and after pulling out the OEM, you will notice how thin the mounting plate is- and I think it is a couple of power shifts away from snapping right off the mounting bracket...DONT POWERSHIFT A STOCK SHIFTER!:salute:

Doesn’t Shelby offer as part of the mod, a short-throw shifter?

Doesn't Shelby offer as part of the mod, a short-throw shifter?

You gotta look at the dates on some of these threads and posts. 8 months ago Barton was your only choice for a short throw. I am not 100% sure, but I beleive I am the only GT350 with a short throw shifter so far.

Shelby told us they would be available, but that hasnt come to pass just yet. When they get their shifter sorted out, I will swap to the Shelby one if it is better, but I REALLY like mine so far.

You gotta look at the dates on some of these threads and posts. 8 months ago Barton was your only choice for a short throw. I am not 100% sure, but I beleive I am the only GT350 with a short throw shifter so far.

Shelby told us they would be available, but that hasnt come to pass just yet. When they get their shifter sorted out, I will swap to the Shelby one if it is better, but I REALLY like mine so far.

There have been 5 GT350 delivered with short throw shifters - I am not sure which group installed them in Vegas. According to Steve Mansell, they are using the Barton shifters in the 350. This decision was based on testing several different shifters. They have 50 shifters on back order as of last Friday at a cost of $575.

There have been 5 GT350 delivered with short throw shifters - I am not sure which group installed them in Vegas. According to Steve Mansell, they are using the Barton shifters in the 350. This decision was based on testing several different shifters. They have 50 shifters on back order as of last Friday at a cost of $575.

Thats great news for me...I love my Barton! Reverse takes some breakin in to work without real effort, but it did finally break in and its smooth as can be now!

Archived