TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm going to decline

shelbymarie

well, i am glad i joined this forumn, i got the call from the ford dealer yesterday stating i can build my car, however with all of the advice i have been given, i am going to wait for the 2008, it seems to be better color combo anyhow, and i would really be pissed if i paid 15k over sticker and saw the 2008 for less. i just really hope this is the right move, the part that surprises me is this ford dealer took a year to build three and the last two were within a month, this tells me that there will be a 2008 and that they better hurry up and get these build so they can be sold before the annocement of the 2008.

:ohsnap::ohsnap:

well, i am glad i joined this forumn, i got the call from the ford dealer yesterday stating i can build my car, however with all of the advice i have been given, i am going to wait for the 2008, it seems to be better color combo anyhow, and i would really be pissed if i paid 15k over sticker and saw the 2008 for less. i just really hope this is the right move, the part that surprises me is this ford dealer took a year to build three and the last two were within a month, this tells me that there will be a 2008 and that they better hurry up and get these build so they can be sold before the annocement of the 2008.

Smart move, worst case scenario you pay an ADM on an 08 model. You really haven't lost anything but time, and ensured you are paying the right amount for the vehicle.

Don't worry, at least you're not alone in the wait~!! :hyper: :ohsnap:

Good move! Just an opinion.

Look at it this way, it's a win-win situation. You're comfortable waiting for the '08 and there is a very lucky person out there on one of the many waiting lists that you absolutely made their day.

HSURB

With the summer comming up you might want to re-think waiting for an 08. Unless you are very lucky, you could easily add a year+ wait time. Chances of pricing moving as much as you want(MSRP) is doubfull, so you are waiting a year, to save a few grand. This is the logic that I used to convince myself to pay the ADM.

Try a Shelby GT. I think MSRP deals on them are common.

Jphn, You were a early order guy. I remember your order 3 months ago. There getting ADM's now on the Shelby GT all over the place. MSRP is hard to find.

With the summer comming up you might want to re-think waiting for an 08. Unless you are very lucky, you could easily add a year+ wait time. Chances of pricing moving as much as you want(MSRP) is doubfull, so you are waiting a year, to save a few grand. This is the logic that I used to convince myself to pay the ADM.

Factor in the gas guzzler tax close to doubling. I think it's going up to $2,200.00 US or so. 2007's are looking cheap!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Good points here. You may want to think about it some more. There's plenty of ways to cut costs too like quit smoking or eat healthier. Besides, those steps would give you more time on Earth to enjoy a Shelby!

Hell, I just quit going to the strip bar for 5 weeks and ended up with enough to pay cash for mine. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'm having a brass pole installed in the back seat just for my personal 5 week sacrifice.

HSURB

Not only do I believe the 2008 will still have an ADM of some sort, but keep in mind the MSRP on the 2008 will be going up, and the Gas Guzzler Tax is increasing significantly ($1,300 to $2,100 I think)

Just some food for thought.

:rant: I keep trying to squash this rumor....about the gas guzzler. Can anyone please show me where this is documented? People are making the assumption that since the mileage calculation is being adjusted, the GG tax will increase...but I still think they will likely change the tax table so that the car will have the same GG tax.

Dave

:rant: I keep trying to squash this rumor....about the gas guzzler. Can anyone please show me where this is documented? People are making the assumption that since the mileage calculation is being adjusted, the GG tax will increase...but I still think they will likely change the tax table so that the car will have the same GG tax.

Dave

I was at the dealer I purchased my GT500 from today picking up a new vehicle and he mentioned it to me. If the dealers are aware of it, there may be something to this. Just my opinion.

HSURB

I agree.

Are you changing your mind because you think the prices will really come down that much?

Usually a new model year means a little higher pricing. +ADM

You know, if you and the rest of the 'gotta have it now' crowd had kept their pants on, none of us, including you would have to think about paying and ADM on the 07 or the upcoming 08.

But to say that the prices are going to stay where they are when the car is more widely produced and in it's second year run is laudable.

Great you got your car now, and pleased you have the extra coin to get it now, but don't start talking others into making the same admittedly rash decision.

43-46k is plenty to pay for a Mustang, even a nice shiny one with a supercharger and all that.

You are making the right decision waiting, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

my .02 cents

:lastyear: :beatdeadhorse: :woot: :tease: :gang::confused::extinguish:

:lurk:

Hey, in all honesty I didn't want to start beating this dead horse anymore... but if you guys all support someone to pay a huge ADM, that's one more person that is keeping the ADM's alive.

Restraint would change the buying field.

I AM NOT DOGGING ANYONE THAT PAID AN ADM, PLEASE DO NOT MISTAKE MY INTENT.

ADM's at the beginning to get the new toy on the block? Sure thing, knock yourself out. But don't sit here and egg on this ridiculous trend and make it like it's OK. This car is a 40k car, 43k with SHELBY written on the trunk. It's being produced until 2009 and then the Mustang is allegedly getting a re-design. ADM's will fall or cease to be a deterrent to purchasing at the very least.

But don't egg on people to take on an additional 10-15k of debt just because you could easily do so, and did. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

You know, if you and the rest of the 'gotta have it now' crowd had kept their pants on, none of us, including you would have to think about paying and ADM on the 07 or the upcoming 08.

But to say that the prices are going to stay where they are when the car is more widely produced and in it's second year run is laudable.

Great you got your car now, and pleased you have the extra coin to get it now, but don't start talking others into making the same admittedly rash decision.

43-46k is plenty to pay for a Mustang, even a nice shiny one with a supercharger and all that.

You are making the right decision waiting, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

my .02 cents

YEP - and I heard the Hilton hotel chain is going to start offering rack room rates that are below Super 8 in 2008.

HSURB

Dave

dave, I can't directly answer the question, but looked at the issue the other night and found out that the epa test changes will not affect the fleet averages, so that the mix of high to low mileage vehicles is not altered. that calculation is done by another (non epa) agency. However, the GG tax does result from the epa, so their revised numbers may very well change how many vehicles are pulled into this, and how much they pay. Remember, there is little support right now on the hill for giving breaks to low mileage vehicles. The overall concensus is that if we want these vehicles, we should step up and pay the tax. Don't say I agree, but no one is asking me unfortunately.

YEP - and I heard the Hilton hotel chain is going to start offering rack room rates that are below Super 8 in 2008.

HSURB

yeah yeah, tell you what... if in 2009 the Cobra is still going for 10-15k over with ADM's, I'll fly to your location, and paint your house by hand for free.

What are you going to do for me if I'm right? :ohsnap:

Hey, in all honesty I didn't want to start beating this dead horse anymore... but if you guys all support someone to pay a huge ADM, that's one more person that is keeping the ADM's alive.

Restraint would change the buying field.

I AM NOT DOGGING ANYONE THAT PAID AN ADM, PLEASE DO NOT MISTAKE MY INTENT.

ADM's at the beginning to get the new toy on the block? Sure thing, knock yourself out. But don't sit here and egg on this ridiculous trend and make it like it's OK. This car is a 40k car, 43k with SHELBY written on the trunk. It's being produced until 2009 and then the Mustang is allegedly getting a re-design. ADM's will fall or cease to be a deterrent to purchasing at the very least.

But don't egg on people to take on an additional 10-15k of debt just because you could easily do so, and did. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am just glad that after 4 months, You came back. :) Welcome back dude. :yup:

I have been seeing you lurk......you lurker you. :hysterical:

It's all good. Everyone has there own price limit. B)

AGAIN...WELCOME BACK, AND I MEAN THAT.

I am just glad that after 4 months, You came back. :) Welcome back dude. :yup:

I have been seeing you lurk......you lurker you. :hysterical:

It's all good. Everyone has there own price limit. B)

AGAIN...WELCOME BACK, AND I MEAN THAT.

Thanks man, yeah I'm a lurker I guess, or at least was for a time.

Been following your progress, grats on your car!!! :banana piano: :banana piano:

Plus, being the betting man that I may be, I would risk $700-$800 additional GG tax for the (high) possibility that the ADMs would drop by $10,000-$15,000-------or in some dealer's cases even $25,000. I'll risk the $800 bucks, thanks.

Again, since this is (once again) an ADM thread, I am not bashing those who paid it, it's just a matter of principal for me, and I won't do it.

So, I guess I would respectfully disagree with some of you...

But, like I always say, do what you feel is best, and live with/stand by that decision.

And be happy.

yeah yeah, tell you what... if in 2009 the Cobra is still going for 10-15k over with ADM's, I'll fly to your location, and paint your house by hand for free.

What are you going to do for me if I'm right? :ohsnap:

Well Chronic, if you're right, I'll fly Paris Hilton out to your location and you can star in her next underground movie. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

On a serious note, I really wish I knew the answer on what the ADM's are going to do. I was at my dealer today and they have a white Shelby GT (not the 500) due in any day and they're going to ask an ADM, just haven't determined what it will be yet.

I was a little surprised. I thought the Shelby GT would go for MSRP. Who knows.

HSURB

Archived