TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm going to decline

shelbymarie

dave, I can't directly answer the question, but looked at the issue the other night and found out that the epa test changes will not affect the fleet averages, so that the mix of high to low mileage vehicles is not altered. that calculation is done by another (non epa) agency. However, the GG tax does result from the epa, so their revised numbers may very well change how many vehicles are pulled into this, and how much they pay. Remember, there is little support right now on the hill for giving breaks to low mileage vehicles. The overall concensus is that if we want these vehicles, we should step up and pay the tax. Don't say I agree, but no one is asking me unfortunately.

Thanks John,

Let me give an example of what I'm saying (not for you...it seems you understand). Let's take an '07 of some car that's just barely out of gas guzzler range...so zero tax in '07. Let's further say it's a carryover model...no major changes that would affect mileage. I find it really hard to believe that you buy it in '07, you pay ZERO GG tax, you buy it in '08, you pay a GG tax...on the SAME CAR? That just makes no sense and I can't see the EPA flubbing this up that badly. Hopefully someone with some sense will step in and fix it.

Dave

Plus, being the betting man that I may be, I would risk $700-$800 additional GG tax for the (high) possibility that the ADMs would drop by $10,000-$15,000-------or in some dealer's cases even $25,000. I'll risk the $800 bucks, thanks.

Again, since this is (once again) an ADM thread, I am not bashing those who paid it, it's just a matter of principal for me, and I won't do it.

So, I guess I would respectfully disagree with some of you...

But, like I always say, do what you feel is best, and live with/stand by that decision.

And be happy.

Crispy - tell me more about the Scorched Earth Society. I'm not familiar with it.

HSURB

buy now, buy now,

Gotta grab it while you can. 40th anniversary is huge. ADM's are not going away. I read 150,000 stangs sold a year. I don't know if that number is correct or I misunderstood it, but that is a lot of people wanting what you want and the reason for the ADMs.

ok here is the deal, how many cars that when first came out everyone paid over sticker--pt cruiser's, remember that and now they can not give them away, ford will continue making these cars as long as there is a demand, even though i declined it was the decision that i made reading all of the forumn, the dealer had five availble it took a year to build his first three and a month to do the last two. Odd don't you think?? ford wants to build these out before they anounce there will be a 2008, prices should come down, just after reading all of your thoughts i am wondering if i did in fact make the right decision.

ok here is the deal, how many cars that when first came out everyone paid over sticker--pt cruiser's, remember that and now they can not give them away, ford will continue making these cars as long as there is a demand, even though i declined it was the decision that i made reading all of the forumn, the dealer had five availble it took a year to build his first three and a month to do the last two. Odd don't you think?? ford wants to build these out before they anounce there will be a 2008, prices should come down, just after reading all of your thoughts i am wondering if i did in fact make the right decision.

That's what makes this country so great! You have a choice and a right to voice your opinion. Do what you feel is right for your situation. I hope it works out in your favor. Good luck

SM,

When you say "Ford wants to build them all out", what do you mean ?

This is a tough car for them to build due to the specialty parts and the shared facility that they are produced in on a Niche line. I have spoke to the plant manager about this. They are "building" a whopping 40 GT500's per day !

There have been many shutdowns due to this and that which have reduced the number of total units produced so far. I do not know the production numbers to date, but I am willing to bet they fall short of there original production goal.

Next year they have a contract to build 8K to 10K GT500's again. The bugs and problems will still be there because they are "odd ball" problems. Problems that one can't predict. They might have the stripping issue worked out by then, but then again...that work is done in the shared Mazda plant. The Numbers are slated to be low, and you watch. The NewYork auto show comming up in April. Some stuff is comming out for 2008 ;) that people are going to "just have to have", and that old "supply and demand" thingy will kick in again.

As for the 2009 - Some say that is the year that the car will be changed. It kind of goes with past Ford history. 2005 to 2008 is 4 years of the same model Mustang. They usually never go more than 4 years with out a change up. I don't like the look of the concept 2009. Who knows what the end product will look like. It could be great.

I am not trying to cloud your thinking. I feel you will be OK waiting for a 2008, but the ADM's on this car is a real crap shoot on predicting. Keep your eye ;) on the New York Auto Show. The begining of a new Frenzy could be in the mist.

Go ahead and wait for the 08 in the mean time I will be driving my GT500 and enjoying it. Life is short. There are thousands of potential GT500 buyers waiting in the wings for the price to drop buts its not likely. I believe the GG will increase with the new standards and Ford may well increase the MSRP since the dealers are charging over MSRP. With spring coming demand will increase for the GT500's.

Good luck marie, hope you get one. I didn't give an opinion...on purpose. Too much hatred on the subject for me. I just wanted to wish you luck, hope it all works out.

Dave

Crispy - tell me more about the Scorched Earth Society. I'm not familiar with it.

HSURB

Dude, burn some rubber and you're a member

Also, regarding MSRP deals for a Shelby GT- Are you kidding? I've already seen them advertised "Call For Price..." Anything with a Shelby name these days will not sell for MSRP. You'll be better off buying a GT/CS it has the same extra body panels and possibly can purchase for UNDER MSRP!!

Dude, burn some rubber and you're a member

Also, regarding MSRP deals for a Shelby GT- Are you kidding? I've already seen them advertised "Call For Price..." Anything with a Shelby name these days will not sell for MSRP. You'll be better off buying a GT/CS it has the same extra body panels and possibly can purchase for UNDER MSRP!!

Under MSRP for a GT/CS is a real thing. I got mine for 1000 over invoice, which is $1400 under MSRP about. :happy feet:

Don't forget guys Ford is the only game in town for 2007, this market will have to shared with the Challenger in 08 and the Camaro in 09.

I see the ADM's falling to compete with the other big 2.

Not unless the ones lined up to get a Shelby decide to go & buy a Challenger or Camero.

Under MSRP for a GT/CS is a real thing. I got mine for 1000 over invoice, which is $1400 under MSRP about. :happy feet:

Im a truck guy, Im really not that big of a sports car guy to be honest. I saw a white CS about 6 months ago. I think its the best looking mustang ford has bult in a LONG time!! Matter of fact, thats what gave me on the shelby bug. I decided id rather like 500hp one.Id take a cs over a shelby GT every day.Shelby NAME doesnt mean as much to me as the end result regarding price and looks. Thats why you have heard me say that i wish the gt 500 was just an svt cobra without the adm a few times. I bought the car for the power and looks.I paid the adm because i had too.................

Although, one of my favorite cars in the 80s was the GLHS charger. That was a neat little car back then...........

Im a truck guy, Im really not that big of a sports car guy to be honest. I saw a white CS about 6 months ago. I think its the best looking mustang ford has bult in a LONG time!! Matter of fact, thats what gave me on the shelby bug. I decided id rather like 500hp one.Id take a cs over a shelby GT every day.Shelby NAME doesnt mean as much to me as the end result regarding price and looks. Thats why you have heard me say that i wish the gt 500 was just an svt cobra without the adm a few times. I bought the car for the power and looks.I paid the adm because i had too.................

Although, one of my favorite cars in the 80s was the GLHS charger. That was a neat little car back then...........

ShelbyGT500,

I agree with you on the looks of the GT/CS. It gave me the Bug too. I got the car for my wife. I ordered it just like we wanted it after learning all the details about it from spy photos on this site last June. After we took delivery of it, I got the bug bad for the GT500.

The GT/CS is indeed a very sweet ride, and the white and black look is the best IMO.

I paid $11K over MSRP a week ago and must wait 2-4 weeks. I weighed out waiting for the 2008's but I think Ford has seen what the dealers are getting and are going to mark these things up signifigantly for the 2008's

As far as the Camaro and Dodge is concerned I don't recall seeing a build date anywhere that is confirmed. I also feel Ford is coming out with the 2009 Mach I and the Bullitt to follow. Just my 2 cents. The 2009 will have the 5.8L from what I read but it was all speculation.

Ebony Black/White Stripes

Interior Upgrade, Navagation System, Sirrius Radio

I paid $11K over MSRP a week ago and must wait 2-4 weeks. I weighed out waiting for the 2008's but I think Ford has seen what the dealers are getting and are going to mark these things up signifigantly for the 2008's

As far as the Camaro and Dodge is concerned I don't recall seeing a build date anywhere that is confirmed. I also feel Ford is coming out with the 2009 Mach I and the Bullitt to follow. Just my 2 cents. The 2009 will have the 5.8L from what I read but it was all speculation.

Ebony Black/White Stripes

Interior Upgrade, Navagation System, Sirrius Radio

Considering the market I think you did well at $11K over. I've seen used ones here bring $18K over. The price is going up for 08 just like Chevy did with the Z06 from 06 to 07. I figure $5K minimum price increase. Congrats on the New GT500 you will enjoy it.

Grabber very nice looking GT/CS...thougt I would throw my 2 cents in as well

I for one have been waiting for 1.5 years just to order a GT500 I had at the time of putting my name on the list..come to an agreement to buy the car at MSRP..so far my ford dealer has lived up to his word. by that I mean I just ordered a SGT auto

from him on Tuesday this week at MSRP. he has reassured me that I am the first to order the 08 GT500..hope that its a KR. I say if you have the chance to BUY a GT500...then buy it now..the way some of the ford dealers are acting out there who knows if they are going to be Loyal to anyone but the highest bidder :shift:

Considering the market I think you did well at $11K over. I've seen used ones here bring $18K over. The price is going up for 08 just like Chevy did with the Z06 from 06 to 07. I figure $5K minimum price increase. Congrats on the New GT500 you will enjoy it.

Boy I didn't think of that. Think if Ford would up the MSRP by $5,000 to $7,500 and dealers still demand the $10,000 to $20,000 ADM. Hell, now you're getting into Z06 territory. Some people holding out for a 2008 could be looking at a $70,000 to $75,000 car. And then a possible recalculated Gas Guzzler Tax. OUCH . . . that's going to leave a mark.

Not likely to happen, but something to ponder.

HSURB

Grabber very nice looking GT/CS...thougt I would throw my 2 cents in as well

I for one have been waiting for 1.5 years just to order a GT500 I had at the time of putting my name on the list..come to an agreement to buy the car at MSRP..so far my ford dealer has lived up to his word. by that I mean I just ordered a SGT auto

from him on Tuesday this week at MSRP. he has reassured me that I am the first to order the 08 GT500..hope that its a KR. I say if you have the chance to BUY a GT500...then buy it now..the way some of the ford dealers are acting out there who knows if they are going to be Loyal to anyone but the highest bidder :shift:

Welcome Tx,

Good job on getting MSRP on the SGT. Those deals seem to be hard to find too.

Did you get anything in writing on your 2008 deal ?

The word of mouth stuff seems to fall short sometimes. We see it happen all the time.

Archived