TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought myself a Shelby.....

SHELBY1962X

Finally after 6 months of looking I found the right car, a 2007 GT500 white/blue with 3,500 miles. it's a one owner car that is absolutely perfect. the original owner just ordered a 2011 GT500. It has the Shelby/Borla exhaust, Shelby shifter, push button start, sequential lights and dash plaque. Now I just need to find a way to get it home with all the salt and snow on the road.

Haven't had a Shelby since I sold my '70 GT500 several years ago and have been in Shelby withdrawal since. From '88 to '02 I always had one in my posession and can't wait to drive this one.

Congrats on your new ride. When you get a chance don't forget to update the registry information on your car. You can follow the link in my signature. If you need assistance feel free to email me or one of your GT500 registrars.

I betcha when you drive it for the first time you will forget all about the '70.

Chris

Congratulations in joining the brotherhood of SHELBY owners ......

MAY THE MODS BEGIN !!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Picking the GT500 up on Friday, I can't wait. Won't be able to drive it for a few months because of the salt and snow. The Ford dealer I bought it from contacted the original owner for me. He has all the new car take-off parts and wants to sell them but we have no idea on fair value. He has the exhaust, shifter and air intake, any ideas on what a fair price would be? I may never use the things but I know how hard these things were to find for my '68.

Picking the GT500 up on Friday, I can't wait. Won't be able to drive it for a few months because of the salt and snow. The Ford dealer I bought it from contacted the original owner for me. He has all the new car take-off parts and wants to sell them but we have no idea on fair value. He has the exhaust, shifter and air intake, any ideas on what a fair price would be? I may never use the things but I know how hard these things were to find for my '68.

Congrats on the car.

Stock take offs are everywhere. I would think they are just space users for the guy who has then, so don't pay a lot.

Have fun with that car happy%20feet.gifthey are a blast.

Don't worry about the take offs (did you buy the car in the US or UK? I see it has no front plate) The take offs go for next to nothing (mufflers in the states 40-50 dollars, lower control arms 25 dollars, shifter a hundred) they are not wanted by anyone. I have yet to see anyone ask for an airbox (I have one myself on the shelf in the garage) Look on US ebay to see how cheap the take off bits go for. Also, if they were worth a ton they previous owner would have sold them as he got rid of the car.

You will most likely want to fit stronger lower control arms as your first mod due to the horrid wheel hop these car elicit, Cheap mod and makes an instant difference.

Enjoy your ride, they are simply lovely cars.

Peter

Archived