TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby dash gauge package

csm198

Has anyone else had problems with their Shelby dash gauges coming loose upon acceleration besides me? The heavy duty velcro is just not holding the gauges put. I end up catching it in my hand sometimes when I accelerate. What have others done to secure theirs? Thanks. Jonathan

Has anyone else had problems with their Shelby dash gauges coming loose upon acceleration besides me? The heavy duty velcro is just not holding the gauges put. I end up catching it in my hand sometimes when I accelerate. What have others done to secure theirs? Thanks. Jonathan

the question here is the word " acceleration ", :hysterical:

I haven't had any issues. Did you do the install? If I remember correctly, someone here gave a good "how-to" on attaching the pod. Anyway, replacing the velcro tape is now definitely necessary because it's literally lost it's grip!

Clean/degrease both surfaces.

When you replace the tape and stick the pod to the dash, take a partially used roll of paper towels, (or a rolled hand towel) and wedge it between the windshield and the top of the pod. (You may have to use a couple of these wedges to get even pressure.)

Wedge it in firmly and then leave it wedged for about 24 hours to allow ample time for the tape to grab.

If it's cold, consider parking in the sun for a bit to warm things up before attaching. (70+ degrees)

Hope that works for you!

Sam

I haven't had any issues. Did you do the install? If I remember correctly, someone here gave a good "how-to" on attaching the pod. Anyway, replacing the velcro tape is now definitely necessary because it's literally lost it's grip!

Clean/degrease both surfaces.

When you replace the tape and stick the pod to the dash, take a partially used roll of paper towels, (or a rolled hand towel) and wedge it between the windshield and the top of the pod. (You may have to use a couple of these wedges to get even pressure.)

Wedge it in firmly and then leave it wedged for about 24 hours to allow ample time for the tape to grab.

If it's cold, consider parking in the sun for a bit to warm things up before attaching. (70+ degrees)

Hope that works for you!

Sam

Thanks Sam...

Sam good info but it doesn't sound as if the tape is coming off but that the velcro is not holding together or am I wrong?

:headscratch:

Hmmm, I think I skipped right over that and read "heavy duty tape"! Oh well, using the "roll of paper towels" method is how I got mine attached and it's never moved, except when I pulled it up to fix a loose bulb connection.

Sam

Both Velcro surfaces have to be fully engaged for the gauges to be firmly attached. If the velcro attached to the dash doesn't fully line up with that on the gauge set, then it will come loose. On my second attempt I used a little wider velcro (from a craft store) and it worked fine and is a pretty snug fit.

Archived