TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Louvers for 2011 coupe rear window

08SGT1977

I want to order a set of louvers for my 2011 coupe. I'm interested in recommendations for products others have had a good experience with and what products to avoid if anyone was not satisfied.

Thanks. My coupe is black and want the louvers to be black but not painted to match. If plastic, a set that are molded black or if aluminum, a flat black of sorts.

Hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction to a great looking, long lasting, durable, quality product. I started searching and found customers complaining of warping from the heat and sunlight with an ABS plastic set.

I don't think Ford or Shelby sell anything except for the 1/4 panel window and I'm looking for the big set for the rear window like you would see on the vintage mustangs.

Thanks again. Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Same here. I've been looking at these My link I have read somewhere the al. ones

rattle or vibrate and they fixed it with RTV. Interested in reviews as well.

Thanks. The ABS plastic ones for $319 next to your aluminum ones are the ones that warp in the heat for many people. I like how the aluminum ones come in matte black. I like that.

• 2 weeks later...

MRT

Here's a link to the place I bought mine from...

http://www.wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MRT-3002&Category_Code=mustang-louvers-scoops-spoilers

I took my car into a glass specialty shop and had them mount the brackets to the window with professional grade wndshield "glue". I didn't trust the 3M tape.

MRT

Here's a link to the place I bought mine from...

http://www.wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MRT-3002&Category_Code=mustang-louvers-scoops-spoilers

I took my car into a glass specialty shop and had them mount the brackets to the window with professional grade wndshield "glue". I didn't trust the 3M tape.

Cool....Thanks for the info....

Archived