TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The reason I park far, far away

Santa needs to bring you a Garage??????

Sure...I have 1600 SW feet total now in SEATTLE, a huge feat trust me...I jumped sssooo many hoops with the building department it was insane I live on a hill, retaining wall etc...glad I am set now it was pretty time consuming. I built it all except the slab with help from friends 300 amp of power all dedicated circuits etc...I never want to form an 8 foot high 68 foot long retaining wall ever again. It was a 5 year project for me.

But I drive my car and ya need to park sometimes...

If you have to park in a lot with carts, try finding the high spot in the parking lot (the area with the most slope). Get on top of it, this way if they start to roll around (and they always do) they usually will deflect away from your car's area.

And on a military base no less. Not what you would expect and not what I recall seeing.

Fort Bragg is kinda gehtto. As soon as you drive off post there are tons of pawn shops and strip joints. It has the nickname of Fayett-Nam. I deployed out of Bragg in '90 and again in '07 and glad I was never stationed there where my kids were exposed to all that.

Archived