TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Options

Effective immediately, a Dynotech one piece aluminum drive shaft is now available as a Shelby American installed option. See the car configurer at www.shelbyamerican.com for pricing.

Coming soon:

Shelby Branded short throw shifter

Shelby Performance Clutch package (disc, pressure plate, bearing, billet aluminum flywheel)

Bundled Performance packages also under development.

Stay tuned for more.

Roger

We are testing a dual disc set up for the 5.0 that is a proto type unit under development for some time. This is being tested under the most trying conditions to determine durability. We should have the end results in our hands Mid-Feb. if all goes well.

Roger

We are testing a dual disc set up for the 5.0 that is a proto type unit under development for some time. This is being tested under the most trying conditions to determine durability. We should have the end results in our hands Mid-Feb. if all goes well.

Roger

Internally isn't this called the Gary Patterson test? You know a car has a strong clutch if Gary returns the car with the clutch still functional :lol:

Roger

That's cool. Which poor soul is tasked with having to drive the c**p out of a car under conditions that stress a clutch. It must be brutal having to drive a car fast and dumping the clutch off starts and stuff, day after day. I'm sure noone wants the job. If you're looking for someone give me a call. I'm sure the salary is low. I won't pay any more than $1500 per week. :)

An interesting article for next year's magazine would be your testing process for parts like this, from development of the test plan through execution, and ongoing testing. I might even be willing to write it (and take the pictures).

Happy Holidays.

Effective immediately, a Dynotech one piece aluminum drive shaft is now available as a Shelby American installed option. See the car configurer at www.shelbyamerican.com for pricing.

Coming soon:

Shelby Performance Clutch package (disc, pressure plate, bearing, billet aluminum flywheel)

Stay tuned for more.

Roger

Not finding the drive shaft option

Roger

Keep an eye on the sycros in the 5.0. I have a feeling a TSB will be out soon.

BROADCAST MESSAGE

2756 - 2011 MUSTANG - MT82 COLD SHIFT EFFORT

SOME 2011 MUSTANG VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A MT82 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT INCREASED SHIFT EFFORTS IN COLD AMBIENT TEMPERATURES. THIS IS USUALLY MOST NOTICEABLE IN 1ST AND 2ND GEARS BUT MAY ALSO BE NOTICED IN 3RD THROUGH 6TH GEARS. ENGINEERING IS INVESTIGATING THIS CONCERN AND NO REPAIRS ARE RECOMMENDED AT THIS TIME. THE USE OF FRICTION MODIFIERS OR OTHER FLUID ADDITIVES IS NOT RECOMMENDED SINCE ALTHOUGH THEY MAY PROVIDE SOME IMMEDIATE IMPROVEMENT IN COLD SHIFT EFFORT, THEY ARE LIKELY TO RESULT IN LONG TERM DEGRADATION OF THE SYNCHRONIZERS.

Coming soon:

Stay tuned for more.

Roger

Nice!

Can I modify during the collision repair and Shelby reassembly?

Coming soon:

Stay tuned for more.

Roger

What is the benefit if installing a performance clutch...is it durability or is there a noticable difference in perfromance? Is ti lighter?

Billet Aluminum Flywheel, dual disc clutch it is somewhat lighter. We will need to weigh both to see actual difference if any.

Tony,

Yes we can do this.

Dubbs,

Sorry, didn't have these ready at the time your car was done.

Roger

It cant be any lighter...the 5.0 clutch is light as a feather!

I wish I knew about this stuff...already installed a short throw and the DSS driveshaft...:salute:

We can break them in a couple of weeks and then you can get the Shelby stuff :dance:

Archived