TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installing Red Line hood lifts on a CS/6 hood

Has anyone installed the redline easy hood lifts on a fiberglass CS/6 hood? The description says they will fit all hoods but a picture is worth a thousand words. I called the tech line and they didn't know. Any pictures? Pros or cons? Thanks for the help.

but won't lay flat and will stress-crack the hood. Sure don't want to risk that!

Ouch, glad I saw this. I have the Deep Draw hood installed and considered getting

these lifts. I think I will will stay with the hood prop.

Has anyone installed the redline easy hood lifts on a fiberglass CS/6 hood? The description says they will fit all hoods but a picture is worth a thousand words. I called the tech line and they didn't know. Any pictures? Pros or cons? Thanks for the help.

The CS-6 or "Hertz" hood is fiberglass and a little heavier then a stock hood so the lifts have to be a little stronger which could lead to cracking issues at the lifts mounting bolts. Some of the aftermarket hood lifts will not hold up the CS-6 hood as other Team Shelby members have posted on the forum. Another alternative at car shows would be to use a shortened stock hood prop which would allow engine display with the hood down as far as you choose. Shorten a stock prop rod by cutting in two, then shortening to the desired length, then re-connecting the two pieces by sliding them into a metal sleeve. The metal sleeve or tube is made from stock from Home Depot and then you can put JB Weld Quikset adhesive into to the sleeve to hold it all together. This type prop rod allows you to display the unique CS-6 hood and minimize the rather dull stock engine area (unless of course you've added some nice underhood stuff).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived