TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has the GT/SC package been discontinued?

Mustang DAN

Why would you choose the Paxton instead of the Whipple 550? And YES, the GT/SC upgrade package is still available. Via Las Vegas or Rhode Island. I had mine done at TASCA and have been entirely pleased with the result. 493 HP at the wheels? Unbelievable torque. The acceleration is simply intoxicating. Thanks to TASCA and Dennis Gomes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Paxton, was not a great success for many reasons - it is not a great supercharger and I would steer clear of it.

I don't disagree, as the whipple just simply kicks ass... but I thought the only reason the paxton was pulled was because it couldn't get the CARB approval for the SGT's... If you want power, get the whipple, but those few paxton cars that slipped thru will be (i'm guessing) the high dollar winners someday.

The Paxton, was not a great success for many reasons - it is not a great supercharger and I would steer clear of it.

Yea its slow too!! Here's a video of Louie with a Paxton. I think his best time was a 10:43, slicks and 4:10's. And the man can drive.

I've never had a problem with the Paxton. It's all about the history. I believe the post '06 Hertz is the one Shelby can install it on. The speed shop can install it on any car.

Why would you choose the Paxton instead of the Whipple 550? And YES, the GT/SC upgrade package is still available. Via Las Vegas or Rhode Island. I had mine done at TASCA and have been entirely pleased with the result. 493 HP at the wheels? Unbelievable torque. The acceleration is simply intoxicating. Thanks to TASCA and Dennis Gomes.

Paxton never did get any approval for use in anything 2008 or later. I think they've given up this market.

Paxton has a legacy Shelby association, but beyond that, great advances in technology have been made by others that have better more reliable higher performance products. I would steer clear of Paxton unless you want "the legacy look".

• 3 months later...

Everyone,

Yes the package is still available. This is package is an integral piece of our "new heritage" since 2007. We do offer the Shelby/Ford Racing Whipple and the Kenne Bell SC's.

Having owned one with a Whipple, I can say that this package changes the entire dynamic of the vehicle. And there are many ways one can go with the additional add-ons. When you go fast you need to seriously consider the brakes. Our package upgrades the rotors, pads and brake lines. This was specifically packaged to complement the power upgrade while retaining the stock wheels. A heavily suggested package inclusion based on the forum membership. If you decide to upgrade to the GT500 take off brakes you would need to change the wheels as the calipers will not fit behind the stock front wheels.

The only additional component that we suggest is the watts link and caster camber plates. This will allow a dial-in of the suspension. With the base package and the above components, you will be very pleased with the result, both on the street and for the occasional track days. Hope this information helps.

Roger

Respectfully, I don't know about that. Big Carl has (maybe) one of the nastiest, coolest Mustangs I've ever seen.

Archived