TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has the GT/SC package been discontinued?

Mustang DAN

Has the package went up in price??? and what is the base price for the GT/SC with brakes,gauge pod,whipple super charger,and stripe??? haven't seen any price on this package in sometime.Not everyone can afford or want's a gt 350 or Super Snake.

It has remained the same. This package was one of my "focused" projects, being a 2007 Shelby GT owner, we knew the opportunities for improvement and upgrades and listened to our customer base. The retention of the stock wheel was key.

We do our best to hold pricing. We do not know, at times, when vendors raise pricing. We absorb minor increases as long as we can.

Hope this helps,

Roger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long does this conversion take? I'm still looking at options for getting my first Shelby and am pretty much comparing the idea of a V-6 GTS with SC or picking up an SGT and upgrading to GT/SC :headscratch:

• 4 weeks later...

The base package price is just at $12k you'll need to give the sales department a call at 702-942-7325 for option pricing. Below is a link to the sales catalog showing the available options.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/catalog/#/16

Steve

Is it possible to get the SC package with GT/SC stripe delete just leaving the Shelby GT stripe? Wouldn't want to tip my hand ;)

Is it possible to get the SC package with GT/SC stripe delete just leaving the Shelby GT stripe? Wouldn't want to tip my hand ;)

The GT/SC rocker panel stripes are part of the package with no option delete available for them. Now what happens after you take delivery of the car....................

Steve

• 3 months later...

I am considering the SC upgrade for my recently purchased '07 Shelby GT with 5K miles. Tasca in RI is 300 miles from me. SAI in Vegas is 2400 miles. Any reason NOT TO USE TASCA? Also - they are saying $12,725 for the base upgrade. Did the price go up?

A recent email from TASCA>>>>

"Thanks for contacting the Tasca Mod Shop. Yes we are the only authorized Shelby Mod Shop, besides Shelby in Vegas. We do tons of the Shelby GT/SC conversions. The price for the Ford Racing/Whipple GT/SC package is $12,725 plus taxes.

The conversion consists of:

FRPP/Whipple 2.3l black S/C (polished +$300)

Baer front and rear brake upgrade, slotted rotors,SS brake lines and pads

Shelby gauge pod, Boost, fuel and oil pressure gauges

Stripe designation (Shelby GT/SC)

Turnaround time is about 2 weeks to complete once parts are ordered.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!"

2007shelbygt.jpg

Did you speak to Dennis? He has done all the work to my car, not one regret, absolutely outstanding. Call and speak to him, he knows his stuff. Or e-mail him, I found that easier in the beginning.

I highly recommend Tasca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not go off the Packages on the website, Tasca will do what-ever you want, make it yours.

Read my signature, they did all of that plus more.

I like "the package" except I would like upgraded calipers.

I have a business deal in the works. If it goes through I will be doing this upgrade. Hopefully Tasca and I can come to terms.

I had my car done at Tasca, they will do the car with just the supercharger, side stripes, and badging. That way you can always go back and add the gauge pod, brake lines, rotors...etc

Is keeping the stock calipers a good choice with a SC upgrade? Are they not basic GT calipers? I would think a 4 piston caliper would be called for in the front. And what is stock on the rear? 2 piston?

I come from a world where front and rear brakes were important. They don't have to be Brembo, but what Baer or Wilwood calipers are suggested?

Just do the Brembo GT500 front brake upgrade and don't worry about the rears? Wilwood has front and rear upgrade caliper systems. I have never been so confused about brakes before.

I am considering the SC upgrade for my recently purchased '07 Shelby GT with 5K miles. Tasca in RI is 300 miles from me. SAI in Vegas is 2400 miles. Any reason NOT TO USE TASCA? Also - they are saying $12,725 for the base upgrade. Did the price go up?

A recent email from TASCA>>>>

"Thanks for contacting the Tasca Mod Shop. Yes we are the only authorized Shelby Mod Shop, besides Shelby in Vegas. We do tons of the Shelby GT/SC conversions. The price for the Ford Racing/Whipple GT/SC package is $12,725 plus taxes.

The conversion consists of:

FRPP/Whipple 2.3l black S/C (polished +$300)

Baer front and rear brake upgrade, slotted rotors,SS brake lines and pads

Shelby gauge pod, Boost, fuel and oil pressure gauges

Stripe designation (Shelby GT/SC)

Turnaround time is about 2 weeks to complete once parts are ordered.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!"

2007shelbygt.jpg

The catalog states $11,899 but that is for the 400 (?) HP Kenne Bell.

http://www.shelbyame...om/catalog/#/16

Is keeping the stock calipers a good choice with a SC upgrade? Are they not basic GT calipers? I would think a 4 piston caliper would be called for in the front. And what is stock on the rear? 2 piston?

I come from a world where front and rear brakes were important. They don't have to be Brembo, but what Baer or Wilwood calipers are suggested?

Just do the Brembo GT500 front brake upgrade and don't worry about the rears? Wilwood has front and rear upgrade caliper systems. I have never been so confused about brakes before.

I have had no issues with stock, I upgraded rotors, lines, and pads and they have been fine. Best bang for the buck is to get the GT500 take-offs, so many have upgraded I would bet Tasca could do those cheaper and performance would be fine. I do not track so mine are fine for my joy rides.

I see you got 495 rhp. I got 490 rhp but mine was done in Dallas in April of last year so i suspect the heat in Dallas caused me to loose a little bit of hp.If someone did not want the brakes then i'm pretty sure Tasca would take the price of the brakes off the final price. I already had the Baer brakes on mine so i didn't have to pay the full price which i'm glad i didn't because i have already changed the fronts to the Baer extremes. The most important thing is to get the GT/SC heritage if you are going to spend a lot of money or you might as well have it s/charged after market.

It's a great upgrade, I love my Whipple 550 kit, and I recommend adding the Shelby/ReVan/C&R radiator and heat exchanger. Get the bigger (aluminum) tanks too, if you can swing it. As for brakes, there is no substitute for a Baer or Wilwood setup. I installed Brembos, and saw a small improvement. I got the Baer Extreme+ kit (with Eradispeed rears) and saw a BIG improvement. The factory brake system is not very powerful, and if you add a blower, you REALLY should consider a brake upgrade. Lines and pads and fluid are just not enough (in my humble opinion). I watched all "those guys" braking earlier and earlier each lap at last year's Bash, and wondered why anyone would put a blower on a car that was underequipped for harnessing so much power. Lots of people want a blower, but I didn't supercharge MY SGT until the suspension and brakes were ready for it. Remember the SGT credo: "Balance".

Jer

The biggest problem with the BIG BRAKES is the tiny little holes in the rotor.

If you track your car you will crack rotors that have holes in them

Even happened when I had the stock GT calipers and Hawk Track Pads... Cross-drilled rotors started developing hair-line cracks around each hole... Switched to Brembos with solid OEM rotors this Summer...

"The biggest problem w/ the big brakes though is that one will then need big new wheels and big new tires - big more expense!"

Not a problem. I bought a set of 5 GT500 wheels from a TS guy. 18 x 9.5s. Should fit any brakes.

Yup, GT500 take-off wheels are a GREAT way to accomplish things. Also, the GT4 wheels have proven popular. If you can get 18" wheels, you'll probably enjoy the ride and performance more, too. Most folks would not recommend 20" wheels as the best performance choice (I just LOVED the look and stance, so I bit the bullet and sacrificed a bit).

BTW, wheel spacers can make the stock wheels clear a Brembo setup (not sure about Baer), as a temporary stopgap measure. Not sure I'd use them on the track, though.

Jer

The biggest problem with the BIG BRAKES is the tiny little holes in the rotor.

If you track your car you will crack rotors that have holes in them

I don't know how universal that fact is - I feel as though I've used my brakes pretty hard, both on the track and in several mountain passes (more stressful than the track, in some cases). No issues. Of course, proper pad bedding and rotor seasoning can only help things.

Jer

"The catalog states $11,899 but that is for the 400 (?) HP Kenne Bell."

Who would put on a supercharger to add only 70 HP?

I thought the base package was for the 550. When I get ready to do this I see I need to actually talk to someone and get specifics in writing.

"The catalog states $11,899 but that is for the 400 (?) HP Kenne Bell."

Who would put on a supercharger to add only 70 HP?

I thought the base package was for the 550. When I get ready to do this I see I need to actually talk to someone and get specifics in writing.

I believe the 400 hp is for the non-intercooled version.I believe there are very few 400 hp around as you very seldom see any of these on the forum. I'm like you in that why would anyone want just 70 hp from a s/c except the non-intercooled is cheaper and sometimes that's all some might be able to afford. The gt/sc package is for the 550 hp version with intercool.

• 1 month later...

The 400 HP is at the wheels, so it's a lot more than a 70 HP gain. And yes, it was all my budget would allow at the time, now I want a bit more... :spend:

You have the whipple 400 with no other mods and dyno'd at 400 at the wheels?

Brembos are OEM on some of the most exclusive sports cars in the world FWIW. Set up correctly they get the job done. And save you about 4k.

"Brembo" is a brand name. On THESE cars, it's a MINOR upgrade. Owned 'em, drove 'em, upgraded to Baers!

Jer

"Brembo" is a brand name. On THESE cars, it's a MINOR upgrade. Owned 'em, drove 'em, upgraded to Baers!

Jer

Respectfully, I disagree with you totally Jer, I drove the brembos and the stock brakes on both autocross and road course tracks several times each installed on my car and the stock brakes from a SGT are no where even close to the Brembos. It is a MAJOR upgrade...especially with lines, fluid and pads.

The Ferrari 550 and the modern 911's have the same brembo calipers from what I can tell. So does the WRX.

Baer supplies no OEM's that I know of besides Shelby.

Saying that maybe I can test thrash on your pads/car at the bash and maybe I will change my mind.... :drool:

Respectfully I disagree as well. This is why: The Baers are extremely nice but at a cost of $3K more...not my choice. If your going to actually autocross constantly all the time that is different but the Brembos are a strong brake for random autocross and everyday driving, I like them. They are well worth the coin bigtime.

• 4 months later...

Archived