TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has the GT/SC package been discontinued?

Mustang DAN

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed that the GT/SC package is no longer mentioned on the SAI web site. Has it been dropped? Guess I waited too long.

I'm still seeing it offered at the bottom right of my page. I doubt that package will go away anytime soon.

short answer, no. Call or email Roger, he can help you. RogerS@ShelbyAmerican.com or (702) 942-7325

Chris

Ummmmm, SHORT answer :headscratch:

WTH is happening at the mothership?

1. Deleting posts from a certain "One Car Build" shop for what I interpret from Rogers replies as advertising

2. This answer to inquiring about SGT/SC package

3. Cars awaiting 350 transformation up for sale by frustrated owners waiting 7+ months for their build while a few dealers have these "POST TITLE" cars sitting in the showroom with 35k ADM's!

4. Others have attempted to place deposits and make arrangements to ship car in for conversions with no return calls or e-mails!

5. Registry promises after promises after promises (still waiting for ford related info from 07 SGT's other than color, and trans).

And the list goes on and on and on and :beatdeadhorse:

1. Deleting posts from a certain "One Car Build" shop for what I interpret from Rogers replies as advertising

3. Cars awaiting 350 transformation up for sale by frustrated owners waiting 7+ months for their build while a few dealers have these "POST TITLE" cars sitting in the showroom with 35k ADM's!

4. Others have attempted to place deposits and make arrangements to ship car in for conversions with no return calls or e-mails!

5. Registry promises after promises after promises (still waiting for ford related info from 07 SGT's other than color, and trans).

No one is forcing you to come here and post.

:reading:

You are kidding.................right? Sir, you have a PM!

It's still available. I dropped mine off at TASCA a few weeks ago and one other SGT, an 07 Black coupe was in line in front of me. The majority of cars in the snake pit were there for Super Snake conversions but the GT/SC factory supercharged and registry certification is still available for as probably as long as there are SGTs still running around which should be a long time.

I love the GT/SC...worth every dime. And unlike the whiners, SA had exemplary customer service to me and my car. Like the Beatles sang "the love you get is equal to the love you give". One thing I noticed after coming to TS after being involved with homebuilt backstreet choppers and cars and having worked in a small custom shop as a youth a long time ago, is that there are quite a few spoiled rich jerks who buy new Shelby's and expect everyone to bow down. To those I suggest a trip to any major yacht basin and take a look at the 20 million dollar boats to regain some humility. Vic Edelbrock has a sweet 117 footer I believe. Class and manners cannot be bought...just because you can buy a 100k car They get an attitude...BFD. Nit saying the above poster is one if these guys just my observation in general. In the end money don't mean nothing, but your coolness can go a long ways in changing the world.

I love the GT/SC...worth every dime. And unlike the whiners, SA had exemplary customer service to me and my car. Like the Beatles sang "the love you get is equal to the love you give". One thing I noticed after coming to TS after being involved with homebuilt backstreet choppers and cars and having worked in a small custom shop as a youth a long time ago, is that there are quite a few spoiled rich jerks who buy new Shelby's and expect everyone to bow down. To those I suggest a trip to any major yacht basin and take a look at the 20 million dollar boats to regain some humility. Vic Edelbrock has a sweet 117 footer I believe. Class and manners cannot be bought...just because you can buy a 100k car They get an attitude...BFD. Nit saying the above poster is one if these guys just my observation in general. In the end money don't mean nothing, but your coolness can go a long ways in changing the world.

I've met Scott, I don't think he fits into the picture you've painted there.... ( yeah, I thought you may like that wording...)

I agree about the money to a degree, it's all relative, there's always someone with more and there's always someone with less, it's certainly not a measure of someones true worth. As long as you are supporting yourself/family (or working your damned hardest to do so), you're a winner in my book.

I've met Scott, I don't think he fits into the picture you've painted there.... ( yeah, I thought you may like that wording...)

I agree about the money to a degree, it's all relative, there's always someone with more and there's always someone with less, it's certainly not a measure of someones true worth. As long as you are supporting yourself/family (or working your damned hardest to do so), you're a winner in my book.

I know Scott is not, but I think that for SA dealing with these types I was posting about would wear thin and I think they truly have thier hands full all the time. The guys with the 20 mil boats have scary problems like a guy I met who had a crew member spill 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid on a 2 year old bare teak deck right in the main entrance to the boat...:@(

I guess I was just giving my yep cents that with th few yahoos bugging them I could imagine that the smaller issues mentioned are coming, but dealing with the cars and keeping checkbook Harry happy are probably the priority...

All is good!

Compiling frustrations made it to the boiling point, nothing more or less

Jason is correct in that I'm no where near the picture painted by Randy (at times I wish :hysterical: )

Thread Hijack over

We can carry on now.

Happy Holidays to all!

You are right about "class". I met guys at car shows who were complete snobs, some with less expensive cars than my humble SGT. I had a guy with a bullitt mustang and a guy at the Shelby '10 bash both turn their nose up at me. Fine - I don't want anything to do with arrogant people, I met my share of military pilots during my career who didn't think their stuff stank but sorry you take a bullet just as easily friend. On the flipside I meet guys like Chip Beck and a local guy here in MD, Peter, with his red Ford GT, that are just as laid back, easy going and humble as anyone. They also take an interest in the young person's first car and help them with their mods, advice and not afraid to turn a wrench. Oh well, it's the holidays. For every 90 selfish rude people I run into, I am humbled by the kindness and generosity of the 10% who are usually strangers that I run into that would give you the shirt off their back. Angels dropped down from heaven. I just try to fall in line with that 10% and not slip into that 90%. I could never be arrogant. I do to many silly and forgetful things every day I guess to keep my feet on the ground.

• 6 months later...

How long did it take to get a return call or email when you inquired about buying the SGT-SC package? Having not received a return call nor email, I too wonder if the package has been discontinued. The link still works in the catalog, just no reply. Thanks for your input.

The package is still available. Email or call Roger.

RogerS@ShelbyAmerican.com or (702) 942-7325

As my post indicated, I have done both. Having not received a reply to either voice or emails, I also thought this package may no longer be available. My post also had the question of how long did it take for others to get a reply to their voice or emails.

Thank you for your input.

As my post indicated, I have done both. Having not received a reply to either voice or emails, I also thought this package may no longer be available. My post also had the question of how long did it take for others to get a reply to their voice or emails.

Thank you for your input.

The Shelby GT/SC package was never eliminated. It is still available and being sold daily.

Roger

The Shelby GT/SC package was never eliminated. It is still available and being sold daily.

Roger

Has the package went up in price??? and what is the base price for the GT/SC with brakes,gauge pod,whipple super charger,and stripe??? haven't seen any price on this package in sometime.Not everyone can afford or want's a gt 350 or Super Snake.

Has the package went up in price??? and what is the base price for the GT/SC with brakes,gauge pod,whipple super charger,and stripe??? haven't seen any price on this package in sometime.Not everyone can afford or want's a gt 350 or Super Snake.

The base package price is just at $12k you'll need to give the sales department a call at 702-942-7325 for option pricing. Below is a link to the sales catalog showing the available options.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/catalog/#/16

Steve

Archived