TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Engaging/Disengaging higher than before?

03 DSG Snake

Still running the stock Clutch/Flywheel etc on my 2007 for about 8k miles.

I've noticed that the clutch disengages pretty high up in the pedal range of travel these days. Maybe I forgot how it used to be, but it seems like it is very close to the top. Any chance something would have changed the engagement point of the pedal? Or am I just nuts? :headscratch:

I have noticed the same, starting a few months ago. 33k on the clock with 20k since the TSB clutch was put in. I noticed that I barely have to push the pedal in to change from 2-3 and the upshifts after, saves time on shifts but is not right.

My clutch also started slipping a few weeks ago, I thought about trying the dealer for warranty/TSB but decided to go aftermarket and bought the McLeod RXT, I should have it in by next week.

I hope for your clutch that the higher engagement point of the pedal is not a prelude to a slipping clutch.

• 3 weeks later...

from my personal experience with my 08 when i brought it in for the clutch TSB, the master tech noticed the clutch was engagement point was much higher than it should be, therefore, he did not even go through his routine to test the clutch slippage during the road test. he simply drove my car back to the dealership very cautiously and ordered TSB parts for the repair.

from my personal experience with my 08 when i brought it in for the clutch TSB, the master tech noticed the clutch was engagement point was much higher than it should be, therefore, he did not even go through his routine to test the clutch slippage during the road test. he simply drove my car back to the dealership very cautiously and ordered TSB parts for the repair.

Damn.

Sounds like I better read up on how to swap the clutch on these things. :banghead:

Archived