TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY GT350 Experience

Denstang65

I wish I was Rich. :cry: Even if the car is selling for $109,000.00 at a local dealership. :wacko: My mustang radar kicked in while I was driving my wife and my kids to the mall to shop for Christmas gifts. I spotted the back of the car in the dealerships window. Later that night, after the dealership was closed, I told my wife that I was going back there to confirm my visual. I was dead on :dreamy: . I was so exited to see one, you would of thought I was buying it. :drool: A security guard met me on the lot and I told him that I just wanted to see the car through the glass. After talking to the guard, learning about me owning a 65 Shelby clone, and hearing about me being a TS Member, the gaurd actually unlocked the showroom and let me inside to have an up close experience ;) :minus a ride and hearing hearing the engine run :( . I thought he was cool for letting me in the showroom at night when it was closed :) . Here are some pics. Just wanted to share my experience :salute: .

post-28087-041348600 1292928929_thumb.jpg

post-28087-026493100 1292928950_thumb.jpg

post-28087-016522000 1292928987_thumb.jpg

post-28087-026128400 1292929011_thumb.jpg

post-28087-032064100 1292929036_thumb.jpg

post-28087-033602000 1292929065_thumb.jpg

post-28087-030477700 1292929095_thumb.jpg

post-28087-035598800 1292929113_thumb.jpg

post-28087-041348600 1292928929_thumb.jpg

post-28087-026493100 1292928950_thumb.jpg

post-28087-016522000 1292928987_thumb.jpg

post-28087-026128400 1292929011_thumb.jpg

post-28087-032064100 1292929036_thumb.jpg

post-28087-033602000 1292929065_thumb.jpg

post-28087-030477700 1292929095_thumb.jpg

post-28087-035598800 1292929113_thumb.jpg

How much was the "Market Adjustment"? Looked like $35K. I thought that you bought a "NEW" White GT Mustang and it was then shipped to SAI and you then paid SAI for the GT 350 Conversion so the Dealerships couldn't pull the ADM crap.

And.....if it is only sold to the Dealerships, what happens to all the "Take Off" Parts?

How much was the "Market Adjustment"? Looked like $35K. I thought that you bought a "NEW" White GT Mustang and it was then shipped to SAI and you then paid SAI for the GT 350 Conversion so the Dealerships couldn't pull the ADM crap.

And.....if it is only sold to the Dealerships, what happens to all the "Take Off" Parts?

The dealership bought the new GT Mustang and sent it to SA to be converted. Options ordered added to the "GT350 Package". Now the dealership can sell it for whatever they want.

The dealership bought the new GT Mustang and sent it to SA to be converted. Options ordered added to the "GT350 Package". Now the dealership can sell it for whatever they want.

Can a Customer Buy a New Mustang GT and have it shipped to SAI from the Dealer dropped shipped for Ford and pay SAI to have it Converted?

Can a Customer Buy a New Mustang GT and have it shipped to SAI from the Dealer dropped shipped for Ford and pay SAI to have it Converted?

???? - Do not understand you question.

You can buy a car from the dealer lot that meets the GT350 spec - (spoiler delete, CA emissions, 3.73 rear axle ratio, Performance white, no glass roof).

or

Order one to spec from a dealer and have it drop shipped to Shelby.

Either way, you buy the car from Ford and pay Shelby for the conversion.

Another case of finding a way around the "Pre-Titled" requirement suppose to be in place by SAI!

It appears that some from the general public as well as dealers have found a way around this.

Shelby will convert a car with a manufacturer's certificate of origin as proof of ownership. In this case the buyer will be the first to title the car.

???? - Do not understand you question.

You can buy a car from the dealer lot that meets the GT350 spec - (spoiler delete, CA emissions, 3.73 rear axle ratio, Performance white, no glass roof).

or

Order one to spec from a dealer and have it drop shipped to Shelby.

Either way, you buy the car from Ford and pay Shelby for the conversion.

Sounds like you understood the question just fine. You answered it, thanks.

NOW, if I can order a New GT and have it Dropped Shipped to SAI for the Conversion, why on earth would I buy one on a Dealer Lot for $30K + over the total Price like the one shown at the biginning of this Thread? :headscratch:

NOW, if I can order a New GT and have it Dropped Shipped to SAI for the Conversion, why on earth would I buy one on a Dealer Lot for $30K + over the total Price like the one shown at the biginning of this Thread? :headscratch:

The only reason would be if you don't want to wait. Some people will have waited over a year to get their car from Shelby.

Immediate gratification -

My car has been at Shelby since 7/3 and I still do not have a confirmed delivery date.

As any commercial venture, they are entitled to some return on their investment. Don't expect them to buy a Mustang (take it off their inventory and title it - it is technically a used car, no matter how they package the words) get the conversion done, and then sell it for only the margin on the stock GT (which has little appeal in the base configuration). If you bought it with the intent of converting and selling, would you only expect to make $500? (Remember, you're losing money while it was sitting in line at Shelby.)

Now $35K is a little steep, but it will go for more than the cost of the two parts combined.

The car was $39,949.00, Shelby conversion was $41,000.00, and mark up was $30,000.00. Like I said, only if I was rich!

Shelby will convert a car with a manufacturer's certificate of origin as proof of ownership. In this case the buyer will be the first to title the car.

Understand, however, I thought this was a post TITLE vehicle conversion, not an MSO or title conversion?

I wish I was Rich. :cry: Even if the car is selling for $109,000.00 at a local dealership. :wacko: My mustang radar kicked in while I was driving my wife and my kids to the mall to shop for Christmas gifts. I spotted the back of the car in the dealerships window. Later that night, after the dealership was closed, I told my wife that I was going back there to confirm my visual. I was dead on :dreamy: . I was so exited to see one, you would of thought I was buying it. :drool: A security guard met me on the lot and I told him that I just wanted to see the car through the glass. After talking to the guard, learning about me owning a 65 Shelby clone, and hearing about me being a TS Member, the gaurd actually unlocked the showroom and let me inside to have an up close experience ;) :minus a ride and hearing hearing the engine run :( . I thought he was cool for letting me in the showroom at night when it was closed :) . Here are some pics. Just wanted to share my experience :salute: .

What dealership is it?

John

What dealership is it?

John

Ken Grody Ford, Buena Park.

http://kengrodyfordorangecounty.com/inventory/newsearch/New/

BINGO!

Other than not waiting...

"Floor Plan" is a signed agreement with SAI to purchase the vehicle under the dealer name, provide title documentation, market and display the vehicle for 6 months as support for the Shelby GT350 sales program. After that period of time they are free to sell the vehicle for whatever price they choose.

Roger

Archived