TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Ebay Shelby Scoop!

"this is a bolt on scoop with false rivets."

:headscratch:

the first generation hood sccoops on the 2007 Shelby GTs were attached to the hood with 4 bolts......the rivet(s) heads were just for show.....

this scoop was prone to warping due the sparse attachment method (4 bolts) and scoop that didnt sit flush to the hood....

the current hood scoop NOW being used for replacements is a fourth generation scoop......after several attempts to come up with a scoop that sat flush,

the current ones are perfect.

the first generation hood sccoops on the 2007 Shelby GTs were attached to the hood with 4 bolts......the rivet(s) heads were just for show.....

this scoop was prone to warping due the sparse attachment method (4 bolts) and scoop that didnt sit flush to the hood....

the current hood scoop NOW being used for replacements is a fourth generation scoop......after several attempts to come up with a scoop that sat flush,

the current ones are perfect.

Off because, I just got mine replaced at the end of last week and they talked about where the new rivet holes matched up with the old rivet holes so my original one must have been rivets down, unless they drilled all the holes and then did not use them. And while the "current" generation may be better... it's certainly NOT perfect. I'm dead in the middle of discussions on how to fix/redo my 1st replacement. The scoop didn't lay completely flush to the hood and now that it's riveted down, it's slightly bowing the hood in the back corners (and no, it's not pinching the lower layer)... not to mention when they riveted the front corner, and it sucked it down, the paint cracked and popped off the scoop (between the rivets... not on a rivet). Point being, I feel I'm at least partially initiated into the "Woe is me, this hood scoop ordeal is a nightmare"... club.

Sorry to hijack the thread...

Off because, I just got mine replaced at the end of last week and they talked about where the new rivet holes matched up with the old rivet holes so my original one must have been rivets down, unless they drilled all the holes and then did not use them. And while the "current" generation may be better... it's certainly NOT perfect. I'm dead in the middle of discussions on how to fix/redo my 1st replacement. The scoop didn't lay completely flush to the hood and now that it's riveted down, it's slightly bowing the hood in the back corners (and no, it's not pinching the lower layer)... not to mention when they riveted the front corner, and it sucked it down, the paint cracked and popped off the scoop (between the rivets... not on a rivet). Point being, I feel I'm at least partially initiated into the "Woe is me, this hood scoop ordeal is a nightmare"... club.

Sorry to hijack the thread...

If its done right.....it CAN BE perfect.....where as that was not possible with the previous generations......

a lot of that depends on the install.........:shrug:

sorry to hear yours didnt come out that way.......best wishes for a speedy resolution! :salute:

If its done right.....it CAN BE perfect.....where as that was not possible with the previous generations......

a lot of that depends on the install.........:shrug:

sorry to hear yours didnt come out that way.......best wishes for a speedy resolution! :salute:

+100!

I went through 4 scoops until I found a body shop that had done two before mine and had it down. Mine looks great and has looked great for more than a year.

It's ALL about installation these days.

Archived