TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What gauges do you have?

I'm thinking about getting the Shelby gauge pod with gauges for the middle of my dash. Does anyone have this? And what color do they light up at night? Any other suggestions for gauges instead of the shelby ones? (I do like how the Shelby unit looks though on the dash)

I used the Autometer pod and carbon fiber gauges on mine. Angles the gauges towards the driver for easier viewing, also takes more common 2-1/16" gauges. You can change the bulb colors to whatever you want. Also alot cheaper than the Shelby set-up and fits on the dash better.

I'm thinking about getting the Shelby gauge pod with gauges for the middle of my dash. Does anyone have this? And what color do they light up at night? Any other suggestions for gauges instead of the shelby ones? (I do like how the Shelby unit looks though on the dash)

Nothing like the Shelby Gauge Pod with the Shelby Gauges! They light up with regular clear bulbs and look great!!!!

I would not change or trade mine for another system!

Maybe bias due to my car coming with the Shelby Gauge pod, being a Nor Cal edition SGT!!!

The Shelby gauges look fantastic and work well. They are a special run from Autometer, has the Shelby signature, with carbon fiber faces and, in my opinion, are the best value for a Shelby. While they are not inexpensive, they are a "value added" as opposed to an aftermarket "add-on", again, in my opinion.

I have the Shelby Gauges ,and I hope to get them installed this coming week,551454-R1-19-5A.jpg

The Shelby gauges look fantastic and work well. They are a special run from Autometer, has the Shelby signature, with carbon fiber faces and, in my opinion, are the best value for a Shelby. While they are not inexpensive, they are a "value added" as opposed to an aftermarket "add-on", again, in my opinion.

+1

I have 3 gauges on my pillar. They are glowshift 7 color series and then I have an app on my phone I run that has 3 gauges I can choose from so i have a mount and i use that as well as it looks cool lit up blue with my other gauges. A tip is of you choose to use the center gauges buy the shelby ones I tried using the pod from glowshift and sent it back was not pleased. I just kept my 3 on the side and use my phone since I bought those new wheels the gauges on the dash are out for a while.

Does anyone have a picture of the shelby gauges lit up at night? I want to see what they would look like lit up. I don't really think that the shelby ones not being angled toward the driver is a big deal. All of the older cars like the cobra's etc. had gauges that faced forward like the shelby ones. I guess Shelby is just trying to keep that old school authentic look.

Does anyone have a picture of the shelby gauges lit up at night? I want to see what they would look like lit up. I don't really think that the shelby ones not being angled toward the driver is a big deal. All of the older cars like the cobra's etc. had gauges that faced forward like the shelby ones. I guess Shelby is just trying to keep that old school authentic look.

7_965536.jpg found this :salute:

7_965536.jpg

Autometer pod I think has a better fitment to the dash.

That said, I went with the Shelby pod and guages just to keep it all Shelby and it was installed while at Shelby. The lights are clear so yes they are white or yellowish. That being said, you could replace with color bulbs which I belwive some may have done. The signatur gauges look nice. They are Autometer gauges.

Good luck

$750 bucks for the Shelby pod & gauges, not installed ...WOW ... :blink:

+1, love the look but IMO over priced.

I would consider if it was reasonably priced. Going with the Autometer angled setup instead with water temp, oil temp and wide band ( current thinking). Boost gauge is sitting in the AC pod (roush system) to the right of the wheel. I also like the 3 pod setup on the A pillar.

I purchased the Shelby guages last year and Installed them Myself. The instructions are very good and I estimate around 5 hours or less. I did it at my shop in 2 days, but all together around 5 hours. My interior lights are blue, and since these are Autometer i went to JEGS and purchased BLUE bulbs. WORTH THE PURCHASE, they light up great.

I purchased the Shelby guages last year and Installed them Myself. The instructions are very good and I estimate around 5 hours or less. I did it at my shop in 2 days, but all together around 5 hours. My interior lights are blue, and since these are Autometer i went to JEGS and purchased BLUE bulbs. WORTH THE PURCHASE, they light up great.

do you remember the " JEGS " part number for the BLUE bulbs for the Shelby guages ,and about how much did you pay for them,thanks for any reply to this request,551454-R1-15-10A.jpg :salute:

551454-R1-15-10A.jpg

I installed the Shelby gauges/pod when I dropped in my supercharger. Very easy install, (except I'm blind and it took me forever to find that dang white wire with yellow tracer!):

gallery_13043_1123_5321.jpg

White lights, but I'm sure the bulbs are standard and can be replaced with whatever color is available.

Pricey? Yes, but well worth it IMHO!

Sam

I have the autometers from Shelby. Great look but i'm not so sure about the quality. My fuel pressure sending unit went out and i replaced with new one.The old one showed about 40 psi and the new sending unit has my gauge showing 32 psi.I believe the 40 psi to be correct after talking with other members on the quorum before my gauge quit.

I have the autometers from Shelby. Great look but i'm not so sure about the quality. My fuel pressure sending unit went out and i replaced with new one.The old one showed about 40 psi and the new sending unit has my gauge showing 32 psi.I believe the 40 psi to be correct after talking with other members on the quorum before my gauge quit.

Kenneth, did you get a Part number from Quantum?

Kenneth, did you get a Part number from Quantum?

I didn't get the sending unit from Quantum as they gave me the customer service as they give everyone else-0000000. I got a hold of Shelby in Vegas and they sent me a sending unit. The sending unit did not have a part nunber on it but the sending unit had the same serial # as the old part. Ibelieve the sending unit is the same as the universal autometer #2246 . autopartsdealer.com has these sending units for 86.66 with no shipping. This is the same unit as Jeggs but cheaper. These units go to 100psi as our stock units do. This new sending unit gives me 32psi where as the old one gave me 40psi. Idon't believe these gauges are of that great a quality as several on this forum have had variations on there gauges.Good-luck.

Nothing like the Shelby Gauge Pod with the Shelby Gauges! They light up with regular clear bulbs and look great!!!!

I would not change or trade mine for another system!

Maybe bias due to my car coming with the Shelby Gauge pod, being a Nor Cal edition SGT!!!

Same here... Of course, now there is a boost gauge in place of the (mostly useless) oil pressure...

GaugesnCSM.jpg

Archived