TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Hetrz Shelby

philip 87

I don't know how I feel about this. I am always proud to say our GTH is a limited edition of one of 1000 (500 each year). This could dilute the value of a limited edition Shelby? In this economy I wonder how many would rent one - I rented one a few years ago in LA and it cost me over $1000.00 for the week.

Casey

I don't know how I feel about this. I am always proud to say our GTH is a limited edition of one of 1000 (500 each year). This could dilute the value of a limited edition Shelby? In this economy I wonder how many would rent one - I rented one a few years ago in LA and it cost me over $1000.00 for the week.

Casey

What's there to know?? Ford and Shelby have been lying for years, remember 2006, GT500, 2 year/maybe 3 year production car b.s. and on and on and on, they lie, we believe, and we buy...............simple, if they don't and keep making these cars, Shelby America goes under!! yes, values of all our cars are going down the tube. Cheers!!

Value. That's funny. The only value we have is driving the cars.

Anyone thinking dollar value will have a rude awakening. I am still excited that Shelby is back making mustangs at all.

I never thought we would see them again. Period.

Merry Christmas my friends.............Philip

ditto

What's there to know?? Ford and Shelby have been lying for years, remember 2006, GT500, 2 year/maybe 3 year production car b.s. and on and on and on, they lie, we believe, and we buy...............simple, if they don't and keep making these cars, Shelby America goes under!! yes, values of all our cars are going down the tube. Cheers!!

When did Shelby ever say the GT500 was going to be a limited car? That has always been Fords thing. The Mach1, Bullet, CalSpec all were to be limited and all ended up being over produced. Carroll or Shelby has no control on what Ford produces. Carroll get a very small percentage on each GT500. Shelby America, to the best of my knowledge has not gone past production numbers on any model. if anything they have under produced on their projected numbers.

Maybe you can find some printed material where Shelby has lied.

I am also one that is greatful that Shelby American is here and I could care less what the value of my car is I know for sure that I have at least $65,000 in my SGT and that I only could get $35 to $40 G's for it but I dont really care because all the money that I put into it was worth every penny of enjoyment. I enjoy tracking it and beating the living Hell out of it. I sure do hope they produce another 1000 Hertz cars and I hope they stay in business for many many years.

When did Shelby ever say the GT500 was going to be a limited car? That has always been Fords thing. The Mach1, Bullet, CalSpec all were to be limited and all ended up being over produced. Carroll or Shelby has no control on what Ford produces. Carroll get a very small percentage on each GT500. Shelby America, to the best of my knowledge has not gone past production numbers on any model. if anything they have under produced on their projected numbers.

I'm sure all of us would like to see this proof he has.

Steve

wouldn't put much in a rumor like that after last months USA Today article and recent cutbacks:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-11-26-shelby26_ST_N.htm

But then maybe they will take the 2011 GT350 n/a production with automatic and have a GT350H to set it apart from the GTH designation. The GT350H name has yet to be used and is the last Shelby Licensing name to be unused. I would look at a 430 HP 5.0 in black instead of white with a limited run since only 2200 of the current GT350 is scheduled. I wouldn't be surprised as oeders slow down, that a GT350H model is part of the 2200 limit, not an additional production.

Hmmmm............

I'm not making this up........back in 2006 when I had my deposit down, I bought every mag before the car came out, it's there!! If I find time to look, I'll scan and post it. May have been MT, C&D or maybe even HotRod. It was a reason why I fought so hard not to pay ADM, now I'm glad I fought, the poor suckers who paid 5-10K and more in markup.........

..............and for the record, your knowledge is wrong, those that got in early on the 2007 GT500 will know and remember, production #'s DID increase from what they initially told us....including those that came to Canada. Sorry to hijack your Hertz thread all. Cheers

Casey

Sounds like a deal. I paid about $800 for 4 days with a GT-H convertible in Sep 07 and that was with a military discount! Worth every penny though. :)

While the idea sounds cool. The 1966 - 2006 I think was a good timing piece IMO. The GT-H has been already tied to the 1966 GT350-H program. Just look at the memorbilia and write-ups. SA will be focusing on parts and speed shop and building less cars as indicated in the USA article.

That said, a modern blue and gold or white & gold HERTZ GT350 H, how cool would that be in my garage. Most likley could not keep both Hertz..

My # 50 is very special as this was a purchase for my 50th. This would sure create a delima.

Time will tell.

I'm not making this up........back in 2006 when I had my deposit down, I bought every mag before the car came out, it's there!! If I find time to look, I'll scan and post it. May have been MT, C&D or maybe even HotRod. It was a reason why I fought so hard not to pay ADM, now I'm glad I fought, the poor suckers who paid 5-10K and more in markup.........

So your blanket statement that Shelby American lied to you is based on a magazine article that was written & published by people SAI has no control over? :headscratch:

45th. Anniversary. Sounds like there is money to be made.

Anyway, I would not mind if my GT-H had the 5.0 at 412HP stock................Add a few more ponies when Shelby get's it............Nice.

I have heard its a 2012 but it will be a V6 version, keep the HP in check for rental purposes and create a new Shelby legacy, too much HP in the 5.0 with liability and such, different colors would also be unique I think .... if it happens

I have heard its a 2012 but it will be a V6 version, keep the HP in check for rental purposes and create a new Shelby legacy, too much HP in the 5.0 with liability and such, different colors would also be unique I think .... if it happens

Interesting!

I don't think the horsepower would be an issue (unless there was a major incident recently), as the Corvette that Hertz had in their "Fun Collection" had 436HP as shown here..... http://www.zhzfan.com/corvette-zhz-convertible.php

Can't be 2012...the 2011 GT350's won't even be done by then! I'm hoping to get mine before the end of 2012... :banghead:

All I can say is.......................unreliable source.

Roger

Good Grief, this post is giving me a headache, I hope this isn't one of those here we go again threads. I would however, like to see an SGT Package come down the assembly line from Ford. That would be cool........

GG

Thanks Roger for the input. Which part is unreliable? Hertz program for 2012 or V6er

I'm gonna guess both are unreliable. SAI has indicated that they are not going to be building mass produced cars for "others" and want to focus on parts and specialty items/cars. I also don't think that the economy dictates this kind of rental car for the cash strapped consumer. I might be just throwin darts here but I'm pretty sure I am at least 51% correct on my assessment.

But you know, I am wrong a whole bunch of the time.

QSS

Archived