TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS Newbie

WYTSNKE

Hi all,

I'm a Team Shelby newbie in San Jose, CA and I recently purchased a low mileage, white '07 Shelby GT. I've owned a few Fox-body 5.0 Mustangs -- great cars to mod -- but the Shelby has been a blast to drive "as is."

I've already been checking out the forums ... lots of good info here! (Hope to also contribute as time goes on).

Here are some photos:

th_IMG_6978.jpg

th_IMG_6977.jpg

th_IMG_6979.jpg

Good to have you with us. You will like it here - pretty grown up bunch who are pretty good at clearly expressing themselves without profanity and without using the relative anonimity of the internet to bash others. Don't be shy about sharing what you know. Everything each of us knows, we learned from someone else.

Jim

Thanks, Jim ... I already like what I see so far. It's nice to join a group that focuses on positive interactions with its members. I've seen what can happen on other forums, where just a few trolls, flamers, or spammers can ruin the experience for everyone. I'll definitely post whenever I feel that I can be helpful to someone else.

Cheers,

Martin

Much appreciated, Torch40 (see that you're in my neighborhood -- nice red GT-500!). Yeah, I know just how "dangerous" these forums can be: Good ideas or the latest high performance mods can lighten your wallet faster than a pickpocket at your favorite tourist destination ;)

Hey CSM198 & glory,

Thanks for welcoming me to Team Shelby ... I'm definitely enjoying the forums and driving my Shelby GT (just wish the rain would quit for a while here in San Jose, CA).

I sold my '67 Oldsmobile 442, which I owned for over 25 years, to buy the Shelby.

th_67442_mod.jpg

The 442 was build locally in Fremont, CA and it had a Muncie 4-speed with a Tri-Carb setup (lots of fun to drive and not too many around). It was hard to let her go, but spare parts were getting more & more expensive, and I've always wanted a Shelby Mustang. Since I don't have the cash for a 65-66 GT-350, the Shelby GT is a nice, modern day example.

I look forward to chatting with you guys on the forums!

Hey CSM198 & glory,

Thanks for welcoming me to Team Shelby ... I'm definitely enjoying the forums and driving my Shelby GT (just wish the rain would quit for a while here in San Jose, CA).

I sold my '67 Oldsmobile 442, which I owned for over 25 years, to buy the Shelby.

th_67442_mod.jpg

The 442 was build locally in Fremont, CA and it had a Muncie 4-speed with a Tri-Carb setup (lots of fun to drive and not too many around). It was hard to let her go, but spare parts were getting more & more expensive, and I've always wanted a Shelby Mustang. Since I don't have the cash for a 65-66 GT-350, the Shelby GT is a nice, modern day example.

I look forward to chatting with you guys on the forums!

That's a nice 67 Olds 442! Love the torque thruster rims and red paint. I'm sure it was hard to let go. The Shelby looks great!

I had a 65 Skylark conv (my grandfathers car) but my heart wasn't in it so off it went for a 68 GT fastback. Anyway, enjoy your new ride!

Welcome to the "club" shift.gif

And please take the time to register (or update) your SGT with the Shelby American Registry... There is a link below in my sig block to the on-line entry form... As well as my e-mail address if you have any questions or problems along the way salute.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

Hi richstang,

Glad you like the '67 442 ... the old school AR Torq Thrust wheels worked well with the factory Spanish Red paint.

The '65 Skylark convertible must have been a nice ride, although I completely understand how it is when your heart's not into the car. The '68 Mustang GT fastback is a nice substitute, though ;)

I look forward to spending a lot of time behind the wheel of the Shelby GT. Enjoy your ride as well!

Thanks, Gregg!

I did register with the Shelby American Registry through Steven Thornton when I first joined Team Shelby (appreciate the reminder). I'll be sure to drop you a line if I have any questions/issues ... see you at the Shelby Bash :happy feet:

Good to have you with us. You will like it here - pretty grown up bunch who are pretty good at clearly expressing themselves without profanity and without using the relative anonimity of the internet to bash others. Don't be shy about sharing what you know. Everything each of us knows, we learned from someone else.

Jim

Very well stated Clark!!!!

Welcome to the clubhouse!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Disregard what everyone said about it being expensive, they don't know what their talking about.... :hide:

Appreciate the greeting, Doug_GT350 -- it's good to be a member! I'll do my best to avoid to "expensive" part, although I only joined a few weeks back and I've already spent $650 to go to the Shelby Bash ^_^

Welcome to the site. I look forward to meeting you next summer. I'm sure there will be another Tahoe cruise and more good stuff coming up... happy%20feet.gif

Thanks, SicShelby (great name!) ... look forward to meeting you as well B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived