TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Riddle me this....

thewheelman

I really don't want to raise the hackles of those who are discontent with the "limited" production of the GT 500's. I live in Western Kentucky, not exactly a hotbed of automotive activities, and I can count on both hands the number of GT 500's I've seen on the road. Seems like every time we head to Gatlinburg I meet one come or going.....but I digress. A few years ago, my wife had enjoyed driving and riding in our Ranger pick up just about as much as she had wanted to. We had borrowed my son's PT Cruiser for a quick road trip (gas mileage) and found it very comfortable and a good driving little car. Upon returning home, I sold one Ranger and went looking for a more comfortable replacement. I stumbled across a 2002 PT Cruiser Dream Cruiser Series 1 car. The Series 1 cars are Inca Gold, have special wheels, interiors and other features. The color is so bright and unique that my sons nicknamed it "The You-Neek-Wah". I still contend that on a sunny day with the car and wheels clean, it'll knock your socks off--those wheels were designed, I guess, to catch the light and reflect it in a way that was just beautiful. Anyway, Chrysler intended to build 7500 of these dazzling little cars. Ours was #701, I believe. Chrysler, for some strange reason, did not number them sequentially, and wound up building less than 5000, if my memory serves me correctly.

Now, here's my point. Today, at the bank, was a PT Dream Cruiser Series 1. About 2 weeks ago I saw two on the road at different times of the day. While I owned mine I spotted of at least 4 others in the area. I sold ours to an older couple down in TN and have even spotted it at the mall in Clarksville!

Yet, the GT 500, with many, many thousand more on the road, are a rare spotting! What, am I living in a PT vortex?????

:headscratch:

I live in the SF Bay Area, which accounts for about 5 million people over the greater bay area...additionally, this is a very ($$$$) well to do area (even with the economic downturn), and I very, very seldom see any Shelbys on the road, SGT or 500....even though some folks feel Ford overproduced the 500, frankly, I never see them...

Garage Queen, I don't think so. I'm in Florida and the only other ones I've seen is at Justin's VMP tuner shop. We drive the 08 GT500 as much as I drive my Roush 08 F150 Nitemare. No other cars in my garage. The F150 hauls golf clubs and the GT500 hauls A@@.

Garage Queen, I don't think so. I'm in Florida and the only other ones I've seen is at Justin's VMP tuner shop. We drive the 08 GT500 as much as I drive my Roush 08 F150 Nitemare. No other cars in my garage. The F150 hauls golf clubs and the GT500 hauls A@@.

I see GT500s running all over in my neighborhood, hardtop and conv., and elsewhere on the road as daily drivers. There are at least a half dozen GT500s in the 'hood here, two SGT and a SGT-H. I'll have the first 2011 GT350 in a couple of months to go with the 66 GT350. As best as I can tell few garage queens except in areas where owners are nervous about getting parking lot damage. Only oddity is the rarity of seeing any GT500 conv. with the tops down inspite of great weather most of the time in Hawaii. A bunch of PT Cruisers too, mostly turbos.

Mine is sound asleep in the garage. I bought flannel sheets to keep it covered. A whopping 1654 moles on it.

I treat the car better than my husband. ( His words not mine ) I do not expect to see another one like mine, only 89 Red Stripe / Performance White Coupes were built.

ive got the same car. i drive her every day i can. hell im driving her tonight. infact ive put 2x the miles on mine in the 2 months ive owned it that you have one yours lol. i just love driving it. i bought it to be a driver and i plan on driving the wheels off of her. put new ones on and start over

Not mine.

Unless it's winter . :o

me too. if the roads are dry the wheels are turning!!

Archived