TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What to do if your state requires front License Plate?

Live in RI and require one. Anyone have any ideas?

I am not drilling holes in that bumper. What can be done? magnets?

Worst case is I will just lay it on my dash and pay the tickets.

Yup have the same problem , so I designed a bracket which was similar to one our members on the site but he had A cnc machine & made me one. Its has two pieces that fits through the grill & then you attach a "C" shaped that has two holes for the license plate . IT works great no holes to drill & you can remove it in less than a minute . There are also ones you can buy that flip down under the front spoiler.

Here's mine:

It's built very light duty (kinda chintsy) but seems to be holding up. Got it here: bracket

Fairly easy install/no drilling required. Although it is somewhat visible when retracted, it's not too noticable on my GT500.

Oops, just realized you have a 350. Since you have to "build" the attachment bracket included in the kit reguardless of the model you should be able to make it work.

I use the Trailer Rebuilders bracket on my 06 GT with GT500 bodywork,

I have checked to see if it will work on my 350. It will require a little mod to the splitter.

If I ever get the damn car, I will post pics of the install.

Yup, required here in Texas too, but Im not putting anything on my front fascia that doesnt belong. I did it with the GT500 because there were mounting points below the splitter where the pan cover screwed in. That worked great and saved a lot of damage from my car, and then I put on the retractable show n go, and ruined two of those in about a one month period.

I have looked hard at the mounting spots available on the GT350, and it just isnt there. The show n go wont work at all because the splitter isnt flush on the bottom. Its got nearly an inch lip so you would have to put quite a spacer to make that thing work, and the same with the under mounting static brackets but at least you only need the thickness of the bracket to fit so it wont leave your car an inch lower like the show n go. Not a deal breaker probably, but will take a little work.

Craig's bracket....see the link in my sig....

used that one for a year.....it worked fine.....I eventually took it off and go with no plate......

never been pulled over for it.........but stay away from OBI on Long Island......troopers sit there outside the weekly car show ticketing no front plate offenders..... :banghead:

Yup have the same problem , so I designed a bracket which was similar to one our members on the site but he had A cnc machine & made me one. Its has two pieces that fits through the grill & then you attach a "C" shaped that has two holes for the license plate . IT works great no holes to drill & you can remove it in less than a minute . There are also ones you can buy that flip down under the front spoiler.

I keep one those brackets in the trunk along with the allen wrench to install. I've talked my out of the ticket, " on my home from a car show officer and forgot to put it on.. Here, let me put it on now".

Worked once, hopefully will again.

Let's take a look at the Bash.......I'm sure we can figure something out.

I am still waiting for my front plate frame from Ford, since 2005. I do not have my front plate on my stang, yet I have been pulled over by the CHP's for driving in boost .:hysterical: All of the CHP Officers have said the same thing, "I would not put a front plate on your Mustang." I always have it in the trunk waiting for this front plate frame to arrive. :hysterical:

Tom

That is my story also Tom except I have it on the floor behind the drivers seat. Has worked since I bought my 01 cobra. And the car show story works as well. I usually have a bra on the car so I told the officer that I have to take it off for the bra to fit :)

That is my story also Tom except I have it on the floor behind the drivers seat. Has worked since I bought my 01 cobra. And the car show story works as well. I usually have a bra on the car so I told the officer that I have to take it off for the bra to fit :)

Merry Christmas

Tell the cop to piss off! lol

Tell the cop to piss off! lol

I surely am not going to put a plate on my car. I have been pulled over three times and never once did they mention my front plate was missing.

I have it in the trunk attached to craigs bracket and will use the infamous just left a car show story.

I would rather pay a fine or two or three instead of making my car ugly. Plus there is always the option "Catch me if you can" which I do not recommend.........

Black nylon zip ties on the lower. I put a nice backing on the license plate so it won't scratch the lower grill. I have extras in the car and can snap it on or off in a jiffy.

Doesnt quite work with the 350...we dont have grills like the GT500 in the lower, and it would block our intercooler pretty bad even if we did.

On a related note- I let my brother drive the car on Saturday, and it took him two minutes to get pulled over and warned about no front plate. Sweet.

Doesnt quite work with the 350...we dont have grills like the GT500 in the lower, and it would block our intercooler pretty bad even if we did.

On a related note- I let my brother drive the car on Saturday, and it took him two minutes to get pulled over and warned about no front plate. Sweet.

Problem solved..........................never let your brother drive the GT350 :hysterical:

I had a bracket for the front plate for a while in 2007...the wrap around kind....never drilled the bumper...I remember calling the dealer like 20 times to remind him if he drilled the bumper, he would be replacing it at his cost...... :hysterical:

eventually I just ditched the bracket and went naked............no way a plate is ever going on the front of my car.....especially with the new "ugliest plate in the world"....

new ny plate.jpg :barf:

new ny plate.jpg

I had a bracket for the front plate for a while in 20067...the wrap around kind....never drilled the bumper...I remember calling the dealer like 20 times to remind him if he drilled the bumper, he would be replacing it at his cost...... :hysterical:

eventually I just ditched the bracket and went naked............no way a plate is ever going on the front of my car.....especially with the new "ugliest plate in the world"....

post-8833-0-07471100-1294245816_thumb.jpg :barf:

you are correct. that new plate is nasty.

I am going to take the chance on my 500 here in Jersey, with the infrequency of driving it anyway.

No plate will ever go on the front of my car either! :salute:

btw- Funny thing, the guys @ NJMVC told me the other day as I went through with it, "don't put a plate on this thing man...just carry it on ya when you drive it."

Good 'nuf for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived