TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Scary Loud Impact!!!

poohtang

Recently, I have had a few incidents under hard acceleration, sometimes in a slight turn, when a loud impact sound happens that scares you into immediately coming off the gas. We believe it is the one piece driveshaft hitting the underside of the hump. Probably due to the rearend twisting slightly under power and the car squatting down. When it happens I look in my rear view mirror for parts on the road cuz it scares you that bad. I have not had time to get under car for thorough inspection yet, but nothing seems broken. Has anyone had a similiar problem, can confirm what it was and most importantly, offer a fix suggestion?

This is a VERY common problem with both SGT and GT500 with one piece driveshafts. One every car that I install my suspension packages on, I have the OWNER of the car drive it hard before taking the car so we can make the adjustments. It is always upper arm adjustment, and/or clearancing the trans tunnel. Unfortunately even though we do the same combination over and over again, each car is different.

Alex

Archived