TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush Exhaust

Tattooed1

I just spoke to a salesman from Roush about an exhaust for a 2011.I was told that the one they had for the 2010 is not the same as the one for the 2011.The difference is the tailpipe diameter of 4''.So as of now they do not have a exhaust kit for the 2011.So he said the mufflers and tips(part# 421127) would be the one to use.Has anyone with a 2011 tried this setup compared to 2010(part # 420025) which has the midpipes included?I was told the mufflers and tips were for a 2011 5.0 and the sound was close to the same as the set up for a 2010.Any help would be appreciated.

I just spoke to a salesman from Roush about an exhaust for a 2011.I was told that the one they had for the 2010 is not the same as the one for the 2011.The difference is the tailpipe diameter of 4''.So as of now they do not have a exhaust kit for the 2011.So he said the mufflers and tips(part# 421127) would be the one to use.Has anyone with a 2011 tried this setup compared to 2010(part # 420025) which has the midpipes included?I was told the mufflers and tips were for a 2011 5.0 and the sound was close to the same as the set up for a 2010.Any help would be appreciated.

I have personally listened to both a 2011 Roush Stage 2 (5.0) and a 2011 Roush 5XR (also 5.0) with his "post sale" mufflers installed on them.

I was also able to listen to a 2011 Roush 5.0 Stage 2 with the "stock" mufflers on it to compare the Stage 2 w/Roush mufflers on it against.

The difference is night and day. The two with the mufflers added sound freakin' fantastic. Not crazy loud, just BAD ASS!

I was told by the SVT Sales Mgr. (Robert Barnes @ Phil Long Ford-Motor City, Co. Springs CO) that my 2010 GT500 w/Roush off-road Extreme cat-back system will be a little louder but very similar to the two 5.0's I heard with his exhaust on them.

It's winter here in the Colorado Rockies and I'm doing a SHIPLOAD of work to my car with one of the mods being the Roush Extreame exh. so although I have the system (still sitting in the box waiting to be installed, after the headers go on) I haven't actually heard it yet. But having said that, I decided on the Roush Extreame because EVERYONE who has put them on their car (until one person, just within the past few days) raves about them. The person who isn't raving feels they are too loud for him but IIRC, I think he also had a free flowing CAT system or something like that on his car too. The Roush extreame is for sale right now in the classified section for a REAL good price, if anyone is interested.

Not affiliated in any way,

Phill

After Steel Towns review, I installed the Roush Extreme Exhaust on my 2010. Absolutely could not be happier! I don't even listen to the stereo any more, cuz I just want to listen to the exhaust when I'm driving!

After Steel Towns review, I installed the Roush Extreme Exhaust on my 2010. Absolutely could not be happier! I don't even listen to the stereo any more, cuz I just want to listen to the exhaust when I'm driving!

I sure wish they would make this available for my 2011.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just installed the 421127 on my 2011 today, I have custom built x pipe and high flow cats, this thing is loud! Once it warms up it's ok, but cold start up and take off is crazy loud. I like it, now the car sounds as mean as it looks, WOT will scare old lady's and children, but I guess that's why I bought a Shelby.

• 10 months later...

another vote for the Roush extreme cat back. Had it installed on my 2010 and it's awesome. Had a few people stop me and ask what exhaust it is and believe me it is LOUD! No mistake of what is coming down the road when you hear it.

Archived