TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500KR Suplus Parts For Sale

robertlane

I picked up a painted KR spoiler. I have been stock piling KR parts that I can find in hopes of converting my 2008 vert someday. They didn't produce a convert. Broke my heart. lol. I know the spoiler was on some V6's, but at $99 painted it was a deal. List price primed was like over $250 on Ford SIte. Hood, carbon fiber rockers and chin spoiler are just too damn expensive for me right now. KR rims are going to be difficult too. Cannot just throw the Ford performance kit on the converts I've heard. I got some H&R springs that are suppose to lower 1" Front, 1" rear but haven't gotten around to putting them in. Didn't know how much more modification needed on 1" drop. Until I can afford the hood I purchased the 40th hood vents to go on stock hood. I really like the looks on my black hood.

I have been stock piling KR parts that I can find in hopes of converting my 2008 vert someday. <SNIP>

Hood, carbon fiber rockers and chin spoiler are just too damn expensive for me right now. <SNIP>

KR rims are going to be difficult too. <SNIP>

There's a hood on e-bay right now. 4th relisting (at least), $3500 starting bid, no reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300526485441&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

There's a set of brand new KR Rims & Tires in the Classified Section for around $2,950.oo. I just bought a set myself for right around the same price so they're out there at or below below list/MSRP ($500 per wheel & $200 per tire).

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/classifieds/item/137-kr-wheel-and-tire-set-up/

If you want to clone a KR, it won't be cheap but those two links I just gave you is about as cheap as you will ever find.

You can get the CF rockers from a Super Snake direct from Shelby or go to Raceskinz, who is rumored to be Shelby's supplier.

The KR splitter will cost you. The most recent price a TS forum member reported paying to Shelby was $3500.00 for a new splitter but a Super Snake CF splitter is close to the KR look and no one would know the difference unless they really know the two cars (I only know the difference because I did a side-by-side comparison). But quite frankly, I think the SS splitter is nicer LOOKING than the KR splitter but I have a feeling the KR splitter is more aero functional (Ford's wind tunnel testing could NEVER be matched by SAI, just WAYYY too expensive).

And CF mirror caps can be had from Shelby too.

It's all out there, you just gotta look AND be prepared to spend a few bucks. But $3500 for a Plasan KR hood is CHEAP....just ask Shelby what they get for them ($11,000.00 last *I* heard).

HTH,

Phill

Just placed under my 500 and looks from the bottom exactly the same. Even fit within the mold as I held it against. Without possible consideration of other mounts on top (brake ducts etc.), I do not know why this is a KR surplus unless easier premounted to the Carbon Fiber spoiler (ducts)? Certainly a reason for the Shelby plant to install and may be due to plastic plugs, save time and possible damage during removal/install. It was 17.00 and worth a gamble though 13.00 shipping. Otherwise, a great replacement part someday.

So it attaches with plastic 'tree' push connectors rather than the small bolts/clips of the factory one? :headscratch:

Thanks for the links. I have been watching that hood too. The rims and the hood are listed as local pickup only. I live in south central Michigan. Ouch! Minnesota on the hood. When I got home from Iraq In 2008, I went on a spending spree with all the cash I saved up from muliple deployments Lived like there was no tomorrow, could be gone any second. I bought a 2007 Harley Dyna CVO with cash.....not smart. Then I hit up the Ford dealership for the 2008 GT500 vert I had been eye balling from the sandbox for 18 months. while I was at it, I picked up a Fusion for everyday driving. Then suddenly..... I realized I didn't have any where to live and needed a house. What a week that was....felt soooo ALIVE. I moved out of mothers house and joined the Army 22 years ago, by god I'm only staying with her a couple weeks. 3 years later now and newer model wife....I had to pause.....I made an agreement to atleast discuss major purchases before I make them. Hmmmm is this or is this not a major purchase?

String...out

• 1 month later...

Robert, a bit reluctant to send in without replacement item in hand. Thinking about welded locally. Is this 304 stainless steel? Thx

The Team FEARTRU-SoundTM H-pipe is manufactured from high quality 304 stainless steel which sets it apart from the Shelby H-pipe, fabricated from 409 stainless steel

http://www.powerhouserp.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=31&product_id=511

• 2 weeks later...

Any recommendations for a new clutch for a 2008 Shelby GT500? I'll probably want to replace it with an aftermarket one, as the original failed with only 7900 miles, none of them on the track. How can I tell if there are any member discount codes?

Archived