TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old School Carroll Shelby wheels

3n83k53m35V25Y45R5aav2779055b7f401565.jpg

3n63pb3lf5O25W55S6aavfb81126b1ab413c3.jpg

There is someone here in MN that is selling these wheels for $100 for 4 of them. He said that he bought them in the 80's and that they were off an early 70's Cougar XR7. Are these worth buying?

What size are they ... they look awesome!!!

3n83k53m35V25Y45R5aav2779055b7f401565.jpg

3n63pb3lf5O25W55S6aavfb81126b1ab413c3.jpg

There is someone here in MN that is selling these wheels for $100 for 4 of them. He said that he bought them in the 80's and that they were off an early 70's Cougar XR7. Are these worth buying?

Those look like a wheel from a 79 Merc station wagon I owned,they called it a "turbine wheel".

• 1 month later...

Those look like a wheel from a 79 Merc station wagon I owned,they called it a "turbine wheel".

+1....looks like stock wheels with CS center caps? so who knows for sure...buy em Chad and make a buck if they are the real deal...any casting marks?

I think one of the companies that made that type of wheel was a company called Permacast. This type of wheel was used on a number of Ford products, but also on the Bricklin SV1. It could have marketed through Shelbys wheel comapny, but I really dont' recall them. I've got an old Shelby Wheel company brochure, I'll have to check it out. The stickers were not uncommon back in the day.

Falcon Thanks for the info. I never did buy them because I did not know if they were actually CS wheels or what they were. If I could find out exactly what they are then I might get them for a future project.

I don't think they are the late 80's -90's merc Gran marquis. I just saw one the other day and they were different.

Rich

Falcon Thanks for the info. I never did buy them because I did not know if they were actually CS wheels or what they were. If I could find out exactly what they are then I might get them for a future project.

Look on the back of the wheel for either Shelby's name or the intials CSI cast into the wheel. CSI is not for the tv show but Carroll Shelby Industries.

Steve

Archived