TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT white w blue stripes

richstang

I saw this white SGT in the photo gallery for "The Quail, a Motorsports Event". It was in a with a group of elite Shelby's but the rims and blue stripes are puzzling. I thought it was a custom but then why would they let it in such a prestigous event. There has to be more to this car. Anyone have any info on it?

post-31184-048403300 1292433937_thumb.jpgpost-31184-017959100 1292433958_thumb.jpgpost-31184-018035000 1292433972_thumb.jpg

post-31184-048403300 1292433937_thumb.jpg

post-31184-017959100 1292433958_thumb.jpg

post-31184-018035000 1292433972_thumb.jpg

It is a real car. The owner is an Automotive Journalist. This was his project car to increase naturally aspirated HP level to 400+ without going into the internals. Once completed he would then compare to the original. The Shelby Motorsport Division was very involved with this project.

He has written an article on the subject but I do not have the link. When I find this I will post. He was also part of the Quail Staff and spearheaded the Carroll Shelby Marque Event which coincided with the Anniversary of the 1st. Aston Martin Driving Championship. His name is Winston Goodfellow.

Roger

Roger, the blue stripes really look great on the white. While we're talking about stripes, what was behind the reasoning for having the silver stripes on the white cars instead of the blue stripes? I believe the general assumption has always been that they were done in silver to keep the stripes uniform in color on all the SGT's. Were the blue stripes ever considered for the white cars, or white stripes on the 2008 SGT's?

Thanks in advance Roger.

Roger,

So the way i understand it, this is a TRUE SGT, only that after the customer had the vehicle, he removed the SILVER stripes and added BLUE ones, correct? or did SAI install the blue stripes.

If I had the choice or SAI had made the white SGT's with the Blue stripes, I would have purchased one. It is a classic color and I cannot afford the GT 350

Roger, the blue stripes really look great on the white. While we're talking about stripes, what was behind the reasoning for having the silver stripes on the white cars instead of the blue stripes? I believe the general assumption has always been that they were done in silver to keep the stripes uniform in color on all the SGT's. Were the blue stripes ever considered for the white cars, or white stripes on the 2008 SGT's?

Thanks in advance Roger.

Sorry to jump in on your question to Roger, but Amy once said that silver stripes were used on the SGT's because it was an anniversary color. Same reason that the 40th's have silver stripes too.

It is a real car. The owner is an Automotive Journalist. This was his project car to increase naturally aspirated HP level to 400+ without going into the internals. Once completed he would then compare to the original. The Shelby Motorsport Division was very involved with this project.

He has written an article on the subject but I do not have the link. When I find this I will post. He was also part of the Quail Staff and spearheaded the Carroll Shelby Marque Event which coincided with the Anniversary of the 1st. Aston Martin Driving Championship. His name is Winston Goodfellow.

Roger

Roger, thanks for the reply / explanation. I look forward to reading the article when you find it and get a chance to post.

Roger, thanks for the reply / explanation. I look forward to reading the article when you find it and get a chance to post.

Perhaps you can track down the article by starting with his Shelby Nation page. Not sure that will get you there but is a place to begin.

Jim

Archived