TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Mustang Colors

Five Oh B

I heard mention of the new Vapor color for 2008, and saw the spy shots of the grabber blue and gold colors for 2008, so I did a little research and found the following list of colors already announced by Ford for ordering 2008 Mustangs....

Code Description

------ ----------------------

D3 TORCH RED CC

G5 ALLOY METALLIC

G9 VISTA BLUE CC

HP PERFOR WHITE CC

JV CANDY APPLE RED

UA BLACK CC

U3 GRABBER ORANGE

YN SILVER CC MET

ZY VAPOR CC MET

Looks like Candy Apple Red replaces Redfire, and Vapor replace Windveil Blue.

I also checked on interior colors, and the California Special two-tone interior codes (KC = charcoal/parchment, and KD = charcoal/dove) have been replaced with new C/S codes of MC (charcoal/parchment) and MD (charcoal/dove). If there are new codes for the C/S interiors, then my guess is the California Special lives on for 2008. Originally, we were told it would be a one-year only model.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 26 2007, 12:15 AM) 106613[/snapback]
I also checked on interior colors, and the California Special two-tone interior codes (KC = charcoal/parchment, and KD = charcoal/dove) have been replaced with new C/S codes of MC (charcoal/parchment) and MD (charcoal/dove). If there are new codes for the C/S interiors, then my guess is the California Special lives on for 2008. Originally, we were told it would be a one-year only model.

Hey, Five Oh!

I think I saw in a PowerPoint for the '07 model year that actually mentioned it was a 2-year run. Sounds like maybe there was uncertainty all around on this!

Interesting!!

I heard mention of the new Vapor color for 2008, and saw the spy shots of the grabber blue and gold colors for 2008, so I did a little research and found the following list of colors already announced by Ford for ordering 2008 Mustangs....

Code Description

------ ----------------------

D3 TORCH RED CC

G5 ALLOY METALLIC

G9 VISTA BLUE CC

HP PERFOR WHITE CC

JV CANDY APPLE RED

UA BLACK CC

U3 GRABBER ORANGE

YN SILVER CC MET

ZY VAPOR CC MET

Looks like Candy Apple Red replaces Redfire, and Vapor replace Windveil Blue.

Five Oh B,

Thanks for the info. So we are going from 10 colors in 2007 down to 9 for 2008 (no more Tungsten, Windveil Blue, Satin Silver or Redfire). Satin Silver is a different color than Silver Metallic. Maybe Dark Highland Green will be the 10th.

Candy apple red must be the new name for Sangria Red (also coded JV on the 2007 Ford Focus).

FYI: The 2008 Focus will also have Vapor Silver and I think the grey colored focus pix at the bottom of this link just might be Vapor Silver. http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/07/200...ocus-announced/

Top pix in the link are Vista Blue (also new for 2008 Focus color)

All Mustangs look good - but Black is meant for the car.

Just a humble opinion - as usual!

Ruf, I agree, the S197 Mustangs just look awesome in black and I'm very partial to the color - I've owned 4 black Mustangs including a black on black '93 Cobra so that's definitely my inclination :happy feet:

Five Oh B,

Thanks for the info. So we are going from 10 colors in 2007 down to 9 for 2008 (no more Tungsten, Windveil Blue, Satin Silver or Redfire). Satin Silver is a different color than Silver Metallic. Maybe Dark Highland Green will be the 10th.

Candy apple red must be the new name for Sangria Red (also coded JV on the 2007 Ford Focus).

Dark Highland Green will be the 10th (for Bullitt use only). The old Sangria Red on 2001-5 Focus's was paint code FL. 2006-7 Focus's darker red (called Dark Toreador) is paint code JL - not JV. Perhaps you were referring to Sangria Red coming back for 2008 on Focus??? Either way, with a different paint code, it is almost certainly going to be a different shade than we've had in the past.

And, if rumors of Grabber Blue or Gold come true, then we'll have more than 10 colors for 2008 Mustangs.

Hey, Five Oh!

I think I saw in a PowerPoint for the '07 model year that actually mentioned it was a 2-year run. Sounds like maybe there was uncertainty all around on this!

Interesting!!

Everything we heard at the dealership level from Ford suggested that the SE (special edition) models would be one year each with 2007 offering the California Special and 2008 offering the Bullitt. 2009 and 2010 are hopefully still going to be the Boss and Mach 1, but those are not official. A 2nd year of GT/CS would be great as we've sold more than our fair share of them.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 27 2007, 03:45 PM) 107233[/snapback]
The old Sangria Red on 2001-5 Focus's was paint code FL. 2006-7 Focus's darker red (called Dark Toreador) is paint code JL - not JV. Perhaps you were referring to Sangria Red coming back for 2008 on Focus??? Either way, with a different paint code, it is almost certainly going to be a different shade than we've had in the past.

Over at TMS, a member posted a picture of a Sangria Red Focus and I wrongly assumed that it was already out http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...mp;postcount=26

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 27 2007, 03:49 PM) 107235[/snapback]
Everything we heard at the dealership level from Ford suggested that the SE (special edition) models would be one year each with 2007 offering the California Special and 2008 offering the Bullitt. 2009 and 2010 are hopefully still going to be the Boss and Mach 1, but those are not official. A 2nd year of GT/CS would be great as we've sold more than our fair share of them.

The markerting people must have done a good job on the appeal of a GT/CS if you are seeing decent sales. Here is the document to which I was refering.

post-1104-1172631256_thumb.jpg

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 27 2007, 03:49 PM) 107235[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Everything we heard at the dealership level from Ford suggested that the SE (special edition) models would be one year each with 2007 offering the California Special and 2008 offering the Bullitt. 2009 and 2010 are hopefully still going to be the Boss and Mach 1, but those are not official. A 2nd year of GT/CS would be great as we've sold more than our fair share of them.

The markerting people must have done a good job on the appeal of a GT/CS if you are seeing decent sales. Here is the document to which I was refering.

Great find, Tony. I hadn't seen the 07/08 comment before. I sat in on the Ford live broadcast video announcement last year and took notes, but somehow I had written down 2007 only.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 25 2007, 11:18 PM) 106614[/snapback]
Also, two new options (that have already been mentioned on these forums) have the following option codes for 2008 Mustangs...

51H = HID headlamps.

95M = Mood lighting.

Any idea on how much the HID option will be? You think the 05-07s can be retrofitted?

How about samples of the new colors?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 25 2007, 11:18 PM) 106614[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, two new options (that have already been mentioned on these forums) have the following option codes for 2008 Mustangs...

51H = HID headlamps.

95M = Mood lighting.

Any idea on how much the HID option will be? You think the 05-07s can be retrofitted?

How about samples of the new colors?

To answer your questions: 1) no idea yet, 2) hopefully, but will likely require charging system upgrade, and 3) haven't seen the new colors yet, just got the names and paint codes at this point in time.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 6 2007, 01:28 AM) 110500[/snapback]
To answer your questions: 1) no idea yet, 2) hopefully, but will likely require charging system upgrade, and 3) haven't seen the new colors yet, just got the names and paint codes at this point in time.

I'm new to the forum and I've been trying to decide whether to wait for the '08s or get an '07. I want a GT/CS but I want to know if there will be anything worth waiting for in the '08s. I could do w/o the mood lighting but I would like the headlights. I was also waiting to see if the '08 CS would be available with the Premier Trim option. I've also heard there might be something for the anniversary of the CS and I remember the 40th ann Mustang had some cool features that you couldn't get on the other Stangs. Has anyone seen or heard anything? If it's just the headlights, I'm not sure it's worth it to pass up the incentives Ford's offering.

I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting until the 08 order guide comes out around 13 April (typically comes out about 3 days prior to when the order banks open).

Couple of things to factor in when making a decision between an 07 and an 08:

1. Since it's getting later in the year, your 07 order might not be processed prior to the assembly line stopping production on the 2007s (currently less than 15 weeks from now).

2. Also you got to factor in the 1 year of additional depreciation that an 07 will have vs an 08. Why pay approximately the same price for an 07 when an 08 is worth more (1 year less depreciation). So although the 07s will potentially have more incentives/rebates than an 08, you need to balance this with the 1 year of extra depreciation.

For example on edmunds.com

2006 Deluxe Mustang GT coupe (no options) = Dealer: $21,591, Private Party: $20,440, Trade-In: $19,032

2005 Deluxe Mustang GT coupe (no options) = Dealer: $20,346, Private Party: $19,114, Trade-In: $17,609

So in this example the 2006 mustang is worth $1200-$1400 more than a comparably equipped 2005 (mileage will also effect these #s but Edmunds doesn't seem to take this into consideration)

Archived