TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone change stripe color?

riharley

Anyone change stripe color? can it be documented with registry if done at a SAI mod center?

pictures, please

silver on black

dark blue on silver?

Good question. I don't know of anyone who changed the stripe color and can't think of a reason to do so (other than personal preference) To me, once you start changing something as significant as the color of the car, or the color of the stripe, you're taking away from the KR moniker and are gravitating more towards customizing/modding away from it.

What color is your KR ?

Good question. I don't know of anyone who changed the stripe color and can't think of a reason to do so (other than personal preference) To me, once you start changing something as significant as the color of the car, or the color of the stripe, you're taking away from the KR moniker and are gravitating more towards customizing/modding away from it.

What color is your KR ?

No KR yet. I just sold my Shelby GT and I'm shopping for a KR. The silver cars for sale are more plentiful, but I would prefer a different stripe color hence the question. Then again silver and black is a great combo. I'll just have to see which one I can make the best deal on for color , location etc.

I'm contemplating changing stripes on my black '08 KR. Love the car but the stripes to me, especially the "GT 500 KR" monicker, are nearly invisible, and its worse with a light coating of dust. I'm checking around this winter for someone to do it, willing to guarantee the install would be "as good as or better than" original. If and / or when the car becomes a real collector, the different colored stripes would be pretty much insignificant as far as value goes, as has been my experience. Quality material of course. So it comes down to personal satisfaction which becomes more important with age! The Lethal Performance Shelby looks awesome to me, but I am slightly color blind with blues/greens. Lately tending more toward silver. One of the two anyways!

Of all the KR color/stripe combinations, my favorite (not picking my color combo here) is definitely the black on black. With the polished rims, that car just "pops"

Fia, it does pop and look mean. But....I drive it 2 blocks and have to spend 2 hours getting the pop again! Labor intensive to say the least. I love the black.......but it comes with a cost, as everything else in life.

I'm contemplating changing stripes on my black '08 KR. Love the car but the stripes to me, especially the "GT 500 KR" monicker, are nearly invisible, and its worse with a light coating of dust. I'm checking around this winter for someone to do it, willing to guarantee the install would be "as good as or better than" original. If and / or when the car becomes a real collector, the different colored stripes would be pretty much insignificant as far as value goes, as has been my experience. Quality material of course. So it comes down to personal satisfaction which becomes more important with age! The Lethal Performance Shelby looks awesome to me, but I am slightly color blind with blues/greens. Lately tending more toward silver. One of the two anyways!

The red KR has silver stripes. Maybe SAI will get you silver stripes if installed at SAI mod shop? I think the silver would be killer. My Shelby GT was black and silver and would get lots of attention. The combo was enough to be in your face but classy enough to still look good. Let us know how you make out. I'm shopping for a KR now my Shelby GT is sold and silver/black would #1 followed by Guardmans blue stipe on silver car.

Fia, it does pop and look mean. But....I drive it 2 blocks and have to spend 2 hours getting the pop again! Labor intensive to say the least. I love the black.......but it comes with a cost, as everything else in life.

Exactly why I both love and hate the black... Every fingerprint shows.

Black stripes on a Red KR would be awesome. I agree. I'd think about doing it if it was a recognized mod from Shelby for the KR and could be done at Tasca.

Silver stripes are beautiful but the black stripes would be hot.

Can someone photoshop black stripes on a KR and post??

Wow black stripes on red car. I had not thought of that, but it would stunning!

Archived