TEAM SHELBY FORUM

STRUT TOWER BRACE WITH JLT CAI

BADBOY500

Im working on a CNC program to lower the cost. no more dinky washers to space out the clearance between the tower brace and the CAI. Some pix's for ya........One pice and thay are powder coat black.

I notice in your third photo - in the background, you have one of those round plastic rings that is simply there, not attached to anything. I have two on my car. Does anyone know what they are there for?

HSURB

As the factory clips on the connections for the A/C hoses these clips pop off to show the connection was made.

That is my understanding. Also in the future (20-40 years) they will most likely look for these when judging a car, so I wouldn't cut them off if that is a concern.

Much appreciated SCGT00.

HSURB

As the factory clips on the connections for the A/C hoses these clips pop off to show the connection was made.

That is my understanding. Also in the future (20-40 years) they will most likely look for these when judging a car, so I wouldn't cut them off if that is a concern.

Your right on poope Dog . Can you make your dog house Vista Blue PLEA S S S E?

Beautiful piece to correct a design flaw but it's not nice to suggest JLT's product isn't perfect. Obviously Ford should have provided more clearance. :ohsnap:

Its not the CAI or JLT! ! ! No bashing HERE!!! Just think there was a way around those dinky washers .

Its not the CAI or JLT! ! ! No bashing HERE!!! Just think there was a way around those dinky washers .

There is a way to get around those dinky washers. Design a CAI that fits. No bashing just a suggested solution. I always thought it odd that once the problem was apparent that instead of including washers in the kit and explaining it as a service to the customers so they wouldn't have to go to the hardware store Tucker didn't just fix the problem.

There is a way to get around those dinky washers. Design a CAI that fits. No bashing just a suggested solution. I always thought it odd that once the problem was apparent that instead of including washers in the kit and explaining it as a service to the customers so they wouldn't have to go to the hardware store Tucker didn't just fix the problem.

You may have a point...........But Im stuck with it so I step up and found the best fix I could........watcha gona do?? he he he.......

You may have a point...........But Im stuck with it so I step up and found the best fix I could........watcha gona do?? he he he.......

I actually took my bar off. I may put it back on but that is a real sweet spacer. May have a machine shop make me a set of two ..

Great idea !

Do all JLT intakes not fit or is it a hit or miss thing?

hit and miss. Mines fine with no washers but I don't have much more than the required 1/4 inch of clearance. I think a lot of is has to do with the connection and how it's put on the throttle body and the angles there. This is a more attractive solution IMO than 2 washers, but likely no more effective.

Mine fits very nice. The design was to allow the max air flow available. The washers were just to give a little extra space for when the motor torques up (if needed). Mine is awesome and I'm glad he didn't change it. Noone else has even come close to a set up such as JLT's.

+ 1 MR DOG I love my JLT CAI but I only had 1/32" under the bar so I had no choice but to do the washer thing..It was that or bend the livin $hit out of the top silicone joint[no ruf not that kind]and I think the air flow might be hampered....SO I USED THE DINKY WASHERS...BUT NO LONGER!!! :banana piano:

I would buy a set if you could make them from aluminum.

Did you say ALUMINUM????? POLISHED ALUMINUM...Had some time at the shop today and tryed my luck on the fab thing. PLEASE REMBER I AM NOT A MACHINEIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do this for the love of IT ! O....ok its fun too.........

post-7639-1172543341_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1172543651_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1172543706_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1172543799_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1172543341_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1172543651_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1172543706_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1172543799_thumb.jpg

...BB500, you do nice work!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

Thank you!! I do try my best and Its nice that others app....SO with that said Ill brake out the plasma cutter and start making some cool stuf!!!!! Any Sug????????Keep them real and Ill try........

Wow, hey did I missed something here???

Did you and I have a problem to justify your comments over and over again?

You have missed the mark and are 100% wrong in your statements.

After hearing that some were having a rubbing issue we addressed it right away. Even posting a thread before becoming a vendor here on hints and help with the install.

We also started including stainless washers that day. We stopped what we were doing, found the perfect set of washers and included them in every kit.

We also sent sets to every JLT customer with a note explaining what they were for and how to install them. If you did not get this it was due to the dealer you bought your JLT from not passing the info. We do not have the names and adress of our dealers customers.

My question is why have you not simply asked us about this? You seem to like to stir the pot on a issue from months ago that has been resolved.

Simply redesign the intake to fit better for 50% is not as easy as it seems. The washers work and with some simple adjustment all fits well under the brace.

The design is for max air flow for max power. Not to mention these tubes are all hand made with tolerances and your cars are hand made with tolerances. This is why few are having the issue with the rubbing and need the washers, but this part is nice.

Now to the thread at hand.

Great job man. I like it.

Feel free to figure out what you need to get for these by the 100 and call me. Maybe we can work a deal, if not I may look into something made here local.

Thanks for the post.

Jay

Wow, hey did I missed something here???

Did you and I have a problem to justify your comments over and over again?

You have missed the mark and are 100% wrong in your statements.

After hearing that some were having a rubbing issue we addressed it right away. Even posting a thread before becoming a vendor here on hints and help with the install.

We also started including stainless washers that day. We stopped what we were doing, found the perfect set of washers and included them in every kit.

We also sent sets to every JLT customer with a note explaining what they were for and how to install them. If you did not get this it was due to the dealer you bought your JLT from not passing the info. We do not have the names and adress of our dealers customers.

My question is why have you not simply asked us about this? You seem to like to stir the pot on a issue from months ago that has been resolved.

Simply redesign the intake to fit better for 50% is not as easy as it seems. The washers work and with some simple adjustment all fits well under the brace.

The design is for max air flow for max power. Not to mention these tubes are all hand made with tolerances and your cars are hand made with tolerances. This is why few are having the issue with the rubbing and need the washers, but this part is nice.

Now to the thread at hand.

Great job man. I like it.

Feel free to figure out what you need to get for these by the 100 and call me. Maybe we can work a deal, if not I may look into something made here local.

Thanks for the post.

Jay

Thanks for the acknowledgement for my creativity. Its much appreciated...Did not mean to be negative towards your product. (No bashing) Would love to help. Ill Pm you with my number..Dave

Price? Availability? Where do I send the check?

I have some set, but JLT may step up to the plate so Im on hold for a day till we talk...........we will see. If not Ill make you some with a BIG DOG HOUSE on them................laser eched.whooooooooooooooooooo.......my gift to you..no ex charge..DAVE............

post-7639-1172632650_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1172632650_thumb.jpg

Archived