TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It has started

Firekiller

What kind of "ADM" would one pay for a "BANANA IN TAILPIPE"??????? :hysterical:

How is FORD gonna get these ADM's anyway? It seems that Beefcake and MM on this very forum keep advertising the 'next' 2012 GT500 allocated, for under MSRP. Again, because the market commands it. Is anyone gonna fall for this round of horsedung?

edit- not Ford...you know what I mean!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is FORD gonna get these ADM's anyway? It seems that Beefcake and MM on this very forum keep advertising the 'next' 2012 GT500 allocated, for under MSRP. Again, because the market commands it. Is anyone gonna fall for this round of horsedung?

edit- not Ford...you know what I mean!

Yes I know it was not Ford as much as all the Dealer Crap that propped up a

Fictional Market Value that Fleeced quite a few that wanted to believe it??????????

How friggin lopsided can you get??????????

Even a GT350 isn't that much scratch!

A GT350 is a LOT of scratch, 80 grand for a mustang? Not only Ford with ADM, GM and Dodge also, I want to add the extreme prices people pay for cars at Barrent Jackson. Unless you get the speculators out and leave the cars up to car dudes, then the crime will go on with no regulations. People, come on, they are just mustangs and they make millions of them. How about 600 grand for a Shelby GT. Saw that coming. SUDDEN.

With the Laguna markups I'd rather get a 'street' BOSS and toss a couple of goodies on it and call it a day. :salute:

I agree. I saw this LS Boss at Laguna Seca when they had the vintage races and I wasnt that impressed. I would much rather have my 2010 GT 500!! Also the color scheme is a little strange but for 99K I would rather buy a 500 and then convert it to a Super Snake.

Every transaction includes a willing seller and a willing buyer. If someone wants the car bad enough and will pay that for it, then it'll be sold. Meanwhile, the dealer gets show time for the car. I expect nothing will happen until the car shows up and then you'll see the price drop like a rock.

I'll be the minority of one. I think it's great that the dealer is able to establish the fair market value at something higher than MSRP. It's called free enterprise and capitalism. It's what makes us different than the rest of the world.

In United States tax law, the definition of fair market value is found in the United States Supreme Court decision in the Cartwright case:

The fair market value is the price at which the property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither being under any compulsion to buy or to sell and both having reasonable knowledge of relevant facts. United States v. Cartwright, 411 U. S. 546, 93 S. Ct. 1713, 1716-17, 36 L. Ed. 2d 528, 73-1 U.S. Tax Cas. (CCH) ¶ 12,926 (1973) (quoting from U.S. Treasury regulations relating to Federal estate taxes, at 26 C.F.R. sec. 20.2031-1(b

Nobody ever forces you to buy. If you want it bad enough and are willing to pay for it, I say right on.

With the Laguna markups I'd rather get a 'street' BOSS and toss a couple of goodies on it and call it a day. :salute:

That's what I decided to do. I wasn't going to play the ADM game again, and most of the Laguna Seca's I've seen are 3rd or 4th quarter builds which means I wouldn't be on track until 18 months from now. $5k to $10k ADM seems to be the going rate if you can find a dealer willing to sell theirs right now for a second quarter build. Some dealers won't even quote you a price because they're licking their chops to see what the market will be. I am betting that if you wait until late 2011 you can pick one up at MSRP or less. I decided that the $5k I save at MSRP (I ordered the Recaro/Torsen diff option) plus the $5-$10k ADM gives me a nice pot of mod money.

post-6227-089819000 1292354970_thumb.jpg

post-6227-089819000 1292354970_thumb.jpg

I'll be the minority of one. I think it's great that the dealer is able to establish the fair market value at something higher than MSRP. It's called free enterprise and capitalism. It's what makes us different than the rest of the world.

In United States tax law, the definition of fair market value is found in the United States Supreme Court decision in the Cartwright case:

The fair market value is the price at which the property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither being under any compulsion to buy or to sell and both having reasonable knowledge of relevant facts. United States v. Cartwright, 411 U. S. 546, 93 S. Ct. 1713, 1716-17, 36 L. Ed. 2d 528, 73-1 U.S. Tax Cas. (CCH) ¶ 12,926 (1973) (quoting from U.S. Treasury regulations relating to Federal estate taxes, at 26 C.F.R. sec. 20.2031-1(b

Nobody ever forces you to buy. If you want it bad enough and are willing to pay for it, I say right on.

You have a valid point...............PLUS look at the EXTRA Tax that the DMV gets to collect................. :happy feet:

+1, I agree totally, the best way to stop ADMs is to not buy the car. All the LS rhetoric is just marketing and sales trickery to lure you into the showroom. Just walk away, let the dealer know you don't want to look at any other Ford, and let the dealer know you won't be coming back. Take the money and buy a Shelby or two from private sellers.

+1, I agree totally, the best way to stop ADMs is to not buy the car. All the LS rhetoric is just marketing and sales trickery to lure you into the showroom. Just walk away, let the dealer know you don't want to look at any other Ford, and let the dealer know you won't be coming back. Take the money and buy a Shelby or two from private sellers.

+1000

Problem is Batman....there are enuf ill-advised folks that are willing to max out their credit limits to drive the first and only, and be the only in the neighborhood, with these new 'gotta have' hotrods! B)

edit- It doesn't matter if a thousand people turn their backs....there will be a hundred more that will foolishly part with their dough.

+1000

Problem is Batman....there are enuf ill-advised folks that are willing to max out their credit limits to drive the first and only, and be the only in the neighborhood, with these new 'gotta have' hotrods! B)

edit- It doesn't matter if a thousand people turn their backs....there will be a hundred more that will foolishly part with their dough.

So True...................thats why you should WAIT and Buy one Used from one of those people who Paid the ADM and realized later that the Payment is killing them and they have to unload it fast to save their Credit rating.

Tes, I as you, have had a hundred or so cars. That has always been my M.O. Until the GT500 came out and I had to have one, before waiting for possibly not getting one... 'we are only gonna build 7000 a yr. for 2 yrs.'. However, I was lucky enuf to know someone who was friends with Jamahl inside SVT, and Robert Parker of FORD. So I paid MSRP in this case.

But... I cannot tell you how many cars I have purchased from folks as you describe. Alot of 'sending my kid to college' scenarios too! Then of course there's the family growing by one scenario. I have bought a few from that one. This time will be the time that the 'can't affords' will be selling for sure!

edit- spelling

Waiting to buy a used one is definitely the practical thing to do. But, if you want to have one that you plan on keeping forever and you want to be the one to put every mile on it, buy new. We bought our GT500 new because I want to own it as long as I live. I'll buy a used GT500 convertible, or Shelby GT or KR or...........

Our local dealer was charging $5000 over MSRP for the few '07 & '08 GT500's that he was allocated. He was offered $5000 more from a dealer about 1000 miles away, but he had a list of about a dozen people wanting the cars, so he honored his word and sold them to his retail customers for less than he could have wholesaled them for. One of those customers paid for his car, drove it off the showroom floor. and promptly sold it to somebody else for a couple thousand dollars more right there in the dealership's parking lot. If people want something bad enough they will pay whatever it takes to get it. As long as they can afford it why not?

One of those customers paid for his car, drove it off the showroom floor. and promptly sold it to somebody else for a couple thousand dollars more right there in the dealership's parking lot.

And that's the ugly reality that many of the same people who complain about ADMs won't acknowledge. To them that's perfectly OK, but for the dealer that has invested in the facilities, inventory and employees to provide jobs is flamed for doing it. Why should a dealer that has made all the investments not make the profit? Fortunately my local dealer has a policy of selling these high demand cars to their best customers at MSRP to reward them for their loyalty. That's the only logical alternative to the market approach of ADMs.

Somehow you have to "clear the market" when there are more buyers at a certain price than supply. You either let the market adjust the price to clear it, or sell at below market prices (MSRP in this case) to reward a loyal customer in return for hopes of additional future (profitable) business. Otherwise what entitles you to buy the car at a below market price over the loyal customer, friend or relative of the dealer?

This car is not that great looking and anyone paying ADM now will be wishing he/she had waited 12 months from now when their sitting on the lots not selling. No cold air shaker system, this car just does not have the right design cues.

ADMs - Just breakin it off in us car guys, if you pay it, you deserve to loose money, these cars will not appreciate either.

:redcard: GG

I have to disagree with your assessment of the car. Its is what it is suppose to be. No 69 Bosses had Shakers and this is fashioned after the that car. Regardless, this price is a total joke and, if the consumer pays for this, the jokes on them

I paid the ADM on the 40th to get the car. NEVER again!!!! Yes, I can get a Boss at MSRP from my dealership and IF they can get an LS it will be at MSRP also, but as I found on the 40th, wait a few years and get it at half price.

You can't beat the look of the Shelby and with a Grigg's setup I would be happy to travel around the track next to the Boss.

Dr. Jon

And that's the ugly reality that many of the same people who complain about ADMs won't acknowledge. To them that's perfectly OK, but for the dealer that has invested in the facilities, inventory and employees to provide jobs is flamed for doing it. Why should a dealer that has made all the investments not make the profit? Fortunately my local dealer has a policy of selling these high demand cars to their best customers at MSRP to reward them for their loyalty. That's the only logical alternative to the market approach of ADMs.

Somehow you have to "clear the market" when there are more buyers at a certain price than supply. You either let the market adjust the price to clear it, or sell at below market prices (MSRP in this case) to reward a loyal customer in return for hopes of additional future (profitable) business. Otherwise what entitles you to buy the car at a below market price over the loyal customer, friend or relative of the dealer?

Very well put. Another thing that I had to consider when purchasing our car is the support that our local dealer had given our Mustang Club over the years. She sponsors a carshow on her lot every year that is profitable for us and she abosrbs almost all of the costs that are associated with putting on the show. Our club was the host club of The International Mustang Meet a few years back and she was one of our main sponsors, contributing a HUGE amount of cash to help us put on the show. There was no way I was going to buy one from a different dealership.

Dealers who care about return business or selling at MSRP to enthusiasts are not seen in my neck of the woods. Its about maxing profit and getting what they can get out of you. I'm jaded for sure because of dealing with knucle head salesmen and buyers with pockets so deep they literaly threw money at the dealers to take it. You folks are saying everybody learned from the experiences of GT500 buyers some did some didn't the whole saga is going to play itself out again and if ford makes lets say a MACH1 or something to go in the line up you'll see the same train hopping you see now by some going to the latest and greatest so the pond will stay full and the dealer's net will still have plenty of fresh fish.

if Ford Built 15,000 of them a year then there would be plenty to go around

Yea I'd really like to know why they limited the numbers so much and spread them out over the full year of production. Seems more and sooner would have helped alleviate the potential ADM issue.

I agree with a lot of you. If you don't buy the car, the price will come down. Dealers hate when their cars sit too long...

What was the price anywa?, I went to the link but the bidding had already ended?

Check out this price for an allocation on the new Laguna Seca Boss.

Some Dealers have come down to earth and given out a few good deals already. I for one was happy to pay 5 over sticker to get a LS. The other dealer in town gave my friend his for sticker. I know for a fact that only 1 out of 10 Boss mustangs will be a LS. So 11,000 over 3 years 1100 LSs. I'm glad to jump in now just to be sure to get one to drive around Daytona next year on a newly paved track. It don't get any better!!!!!! Oh need a Daytona Fix really bad. No track time this year due to the paving..

Check out this price for an allocation on the new Laguna Seca Boss.

Some Dealers have come down to earth and given out a few good deals already. I for one was happy to pay 5 over sticker to get a LS. The other dealer in town gave my friend his for sticker. I know for a fact that only 1 out of 10 Boss mustangs will be a LS. So 11,000 over 3 years 1100 LSs. I'm glad to jump in now just to be sure to get one to drive around Daytona next year on a newly paved track. It don't get any better!!!!!! Oh need a Daytona Fix really bad. No track time this year due to the paving..

Everything I'm hearing is a two year build and the ratio is about 1 to 4 Laguna to Boss. Your total build quantity per year is about right though. $5k over is "reasonable" to get one to drive on track in 2011. I know some guys have MSRP deals on 4th quarter Laguna Seca's but for me in the North that means I'm not on track until 2012 so I decided to go with an early build Boss. Production is week of January 31, 2011 :happy feet:

The beauty of the Boss is Ford actually took money out of creature comfort parts and spent them on performance parts to keep the price down. Plus no buying parts twice. It's built for performance right from the factory without paying for all the take-off parts. Most people buying the Boss are buying it for track performance.

Archived