TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted the silver stripes

Thought that I would share my recommendation of a body shop in Ventura County, California that did an outstanding job in the removal of the tape stripes and painting new stripes with clearcoat.

I had a minor fender bender which required the replacement of the right front fender and passenger door plus the Shelby GT lower panel stripe.

While the Shelby was being repaired at a body shop highly recommened by numerous friends, I had the taped silver stripes removed and new stripes painted on.

The body shop did an outstanding job and you can't tell the difference between color of the existing Shelby GT lower panel stripes and the new painted stripes. In addition, I was kept informed as to the repairs and problems (any shop has to offer their first born to obatin new fender "Power by Ford" emblems and Shelby GT lower panel stripes). The best part of painting is their is no longer any decal bump when you rub your finger across the stripes and no more decal decoloration problems.

I would post pictures but you really need to see my Shelby in person to appreciate the work done.

If you are interested, please contact me (theallde@hotmail.com) or Jim at Scotty's Body Shop in Thousand Oaks, CA 805-495-3223.

Oh yes, the cost is $2,700 to $3,000 depending on the condition of the tape, spoiler, etc.

Oh yes, the cost is $2,700 to $3,000 depending on the condition of the tape, spoiler, etc.

:doh:

Can't you just replace the vinyl stripes three times before spending that kind of money??

My car is a daily driver, has 26,000 miles on it, has been exposed to all sorts of weather, and the stripes still look great! (except where the bodyshop burned the hood stripe when they were polishing the rest of the hood).

No offense to any of you.. but that seems like sooooo much money to paint stripes. :shrug:

Hello Jim:

Yes, you are correct - I removed the tape "over the hood stripes" and had them colored matched painted on but left the rocker panels as is.

I'm trying my best to take care of SoCalSGT's GT that I bought from him.

Don

Archived