TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua event posted pic of SC's (includes SR discusion)

richstang

A while back someone posted these pictures from this event of a legend lime Shelby SC (not SR) coupe in a front view and another side view of metallic red SC convertible. Does anyone have any more pictures of these cars?

Thanks,

Rich

post-31184-035007400 1292102465_thumb.jpgpost-31184-026017500 1292102482_thumb.jpg

post-31184-035007400 1292102465_thumb.jpg

post-31184-026017500 1292102482_thumb.jpg

Dave Durant owns two of the SR cars. You might try contacting him thru his websire:

http://www.thestableperformancecars.com/index.html

Thanks for the reply and link. I'd like to learn more about these SR cars. dave's website / contact seems like a great to check. I believe the poster blue SA car with the white stripe high on the side was a 1 of 1 car as was the poster white SA Turbo model. This was the first I've seen of the GT mustang versions.

Rich

A while back someone posted these pictures from this event of a legend lime Shelby SR coupe in a front view and another side view of metallic red SR convertible. Does anyone have any more pictures of these SR cars?

Thanks,

Rich

post-31184-035007400 1292102465_thumb.jpgpost-31184-026017500 1292102482_thumb.jpg

Are those cars just the Shelby Supercharged package or are they the full fledged SR (street racer) cars? They do have the SR rims on the car

The SR package cost about 2.5 times more than the supercharged package.

Are those cars just the Shelby Supercharged package or are they the full fledged SR (street racer) cars? They do have the SR rims on the car

The SR package cost about 2.5 times more than the supercharged package.

I'm only guessing but, I think the two car in the above photos are the Shelby Supercharged package and not the full SR package. That quater panel stripe logo seems to be unique to each version. These cars are so scarce and very little is mentioned about them anywhere. They should add a section for them as a stand alone topic.

These are the SC model, not SR. Outward appearances are almost the same other than graphics, but the SR really kicks it up a bunch of notches in the handling department. Mine is the candy apple red 'vert. Look in the Mustang section for a couple more pix. I've been kinda laid up since I had her converted and haven't taken too many flattering pictures. It's hard to get back up off the ground! :hysterical:

Here's one a neighbor took the day we brought her home, though:

0020-7.jpg

Edit: those are half of the take-off parts in the back of my truck, had to make another trip for the wheels and hood...

These are the SC model, not SR. Outward appearances are almost the same other than graphics, but the SR really kicks it up a bunch of notches in the handling department. Mine is the candy apple red 'vert. Look in the Mustang section for a couple more pix. I've been kinda laid up since I had her converted and haven't taken too many flattering pictures. It's hard to get back up off the ground! :hysterical:

Here's one a neighbor took the day we brought her home, though:

0020-7.jpg

Edit: those are half of the take-off parts in the back of my truck, had to make another trip for the wheels and hood...

SC model...not SR...ok and thanks for your correction! That's why I joined here to learn more about all these great cars. I'll check out the Mustang section for more pics.

I'm partial to Convertibles and love a unique version like yours. It's like a sleeper version of the Shelby GT. I love the Ford GT styles rims, that's whay I thought it was the SR with less options.

You may be referring to this one which is Dave's. It's at The Stable.

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_7922-Edit.jpg

Wow these are some great pictures of Dave's legend lime 06. Thanks for sharing them Landshark! Do you know if there are any special logo's in the interior such as the typical shelby embroidered headrests or floormats? I'm also looking forward to seeing the engione compartment setup with the shelby supercharger. I'd guess it looks like a Shelby GT with the SC package added.

I sent Dave a private email as suggested earlier in this post for any more info he could share. I need to check my emails for his reply.

With Dave's 2, mine and the prototype, that only accounts for 4. I haven't heard of any others out there, and SAI wouldn't say, other than mine was the first convertible done in Vegas. I wanna see more!

+1

I want to see more..if there are any out there.

What color is Dave's other SC car besides his legend lime coupe?

Wow these are some great pictures of Dave's legend lime 06. Thanks for sharing them Landshark! Do you know if there are any special logo's in the interior such as the typical shelby embroidered headrests or floormats? I'm also looking forward to seeing the engione compartment setup with the shelby supercharger. I'd guess it looks like a Shelby GT with the SC package added.

I sent Dave a private email as suggested earlier in this post for any more info he could share. I need to check my emails for his reply.

You know, I didn't look inside for fear of drooling all over it. :hysterical:

I can say the pics don't do it justice.

That one and the red one are absolutely gorgeous in person.

It's a red coupe. A couple of pix are available here.

And here.

Many pix to scroll through on both links.

Thanks for the links... I only found these two pictures of his red coupe in the first link. They were in the background of the indoor shot at "The Stable". I cropped them to focus in on his car.

post-31184-049528900 1292256778_thumb.jpgpost-31184-067963400 1292256787_thumb.jpg

Other than the guage pod and dash plaque are there any other interior markings from the Shelby conversion?

post-31184-049528900 1292256778_thumb.jpg

post-31184-067963400 1292256787_thumb.jpg

I am pretty sure all of his Shelbys have EVERY option available. If the interior was an option, he has it.

We have a winner! Ding, Ding, Ding! Dave's cars are beautiful and have some of the finest work on the interior I have seen at least.

VB

• 4 weeks later...

With Dave's 2, mine and the prototype, that only accounts for 4. I haven't heard of any others out there, and SAI wouldn't say, other than mine was the first convertible done in Vegas. I wanna see more!

I finally found this picture of what I believe is the white prototype. Is this correct? Anyone have more photos of this Shelby Superchaged car?

post-31184-0-26967000-1294535354_thumb.jpg

Can we get some info on these SC cars from SAI? Maybe Roger could help?

It's hard to believe there are only 3 production cars.

post-31184-0-26967000-1294535354_thumb.jpg

I finally found this picture of what I believe is the white prototype. Is this correct? Anyone have more photos of this Shelby Superchaged car?

Shelby Supercharged Prototype a.jpg

Can we get some info on these SC cars from SAI? Maybe Roger could help?

It's hard to believe there are only 3 production cars.

Yep, that's the car that was in the brochure when I was contemplating the conversion. I'm really glad they altered the rear fender stripe! I understand the prototype was sold at B-J in Phoenix a year or two back.

The only information I've been able to get is that mine is the only convertible they've done in Vegas, no mention of the other mod shops.

Yep, that's the car that was in the brochure when I was contemplating the conversion. I'm really glad they altered the rear fender stripe! I understand the prototype was sold at B-J in Phoenix a year or two back.

The only information I've been able to get is that mine is the only convertible they've done in Vegas, no mention of the other mod shops.

Thanks for confirming...I kind of like the long stripe but I did'nt understand the shark fin on the front fender. The short quarter stripe is definately more discreet!

I'll check out the B-J website for any pictures.

Your car may be the only convertible, period. Dave may have the only 2 coupes. I would like to see a few more in other colors but, I'd bet your happy with only 3 of them out there. If nothing else, enjoy your very unique Shelby. It's a sharp looking car!

Question..where are those rims from? They look like the Ford GT but in a smaller diameter. I've only seen them on the SR concept, the turbo concept, and your SC cars.

I searched the B-J web site past auctions and there was no sign of this prototype...I was hoping to find mores picture of it.....argh!

Another prototype pic, different stripe:

Superchargedcar.jpg

I really don't know the origination of the wheels, but SSR comes to mind for some reason. In their literature, Shelby calls them the GT-4. They're 18x9.

Thanks for posting the picture. It's the same photo as I posted earlier in this thread only the graphic must have been photoshopped to update it to the production version side stripe.

Yes the Shelby SR and Shelby Turbo have the same rims as well. It seems all three cars appeared about the same time. Perhaps this rim (GT-4 18x9) was created for these models specificaly.

• 2 years later...

I thought I bring this post back to try and spark some conversation on these rare Shelby SC cars. A while back Dave had the met red coupe listed on ebay. I'm not sure if it sold, but here's a couple of the pictures I saved. Any others out there beside this car, the legend green coupe, and the met red 'vert?

post-31184-0-41921800-1370273655_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-15039700-1370273692_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-41921800-1370273655_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-15039700-1370273692_thumb.jpg

Another prototype pic, different stripe:

Superchargedcar.jpg

I really don't know the origination of the wheels, but SSR comes to mind for some reason. In their literature, Shelby calls them the GT-4. They're 18x9.

GT-4, that is what American Muscle called them......still available in chrome or black, but the hypercoated ones were discontinued.

I have them on my car.

Archived