TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What would you change on your SGT if you could ?

csm198

If you ordered your car from Ford what if anything would you change in the order? Examples would be paint color, interior, Radio etc...

Personally I wish I had ordered the parchment interior. When I ordered the car I was only thinking how hard the light interior would be to keep clean. I now regret not getting the parchment after I saw a car like mine with that interior. Not to mention how rare it turned out to be.

Even if you didn't order your car , what would you change if you could?

The white cars should have had Guardian Blue stripes, the blue cars should have had white stripes and the black cars . . . well, I don't have any history to draw on for their stripe colors (see as how the Hertz cars have gold locked up).

Jim

Painted stripes for sure. Also, mine had the Ford, dealer installed, day/nite homelink mirror added which is a big plus for these cars. Can't believe that mirror wasn't a stock item. And, I agree with the stripe colors too- white on the blue cars, and blue stripes on the white cars.

Also, a Shelby set of wheels, instead of the stock wheels, would have been a big plus in setting these cars apart from the other Mustang GT's.

Painted stripes for sure.

Also, a Shelby set of wheels, instead of the stock wheels, would have been a big plus in setting these cars apart from the other Mustang GT's.

CS 6/8 Hood.

I agree whole heartedly with these statements!

Maybe add Shelby headrests, and I would get rid of the Sirius radio!

Auto dimming mirror with compass and temperature -- added

Shelby Hood Pins -- added

Hood struts -- added

Painted on stripes or QUALITY stripes -- will eventually have painted on or restriped

Functional Hood Scoop

The first three are nice touches. Should have been part of the planning while still on the drawing board

The stripe problem - just poor quality control

Hood scoop - looks nice but really think it should be functional and not just added to the hood.

Since I didn't order my car from the dealer, I wish it would've been optioned with:

1.) Front brake duct/driving lights setup;

2.) Aluminum lower grille and

3.) Paxton supercharger.

I also wish they would've had the following items as standard/optional equipment:

1.) Functional Hood Scoop;

2.) Functional Side Scoops;

3.) Painted Stripes (owner color choice depending on body color);

4.) Larger Front/Rear Brakes;

5.) Larger Front/Rear Wheels;

6.) Large Front/Rear Tires;

7.) Upgraded cooling system and

8.) Upgraded Rear end gearing.

+1 to the functional hood scoop.

I didn't order mine either (i bought it off the showroom floor).

I really wanted NAV, home link mirror and heated seats, so I had the dealer add the last 2. They installed a hi/lo heated seats, which I preferred over the on/off factory ones, since my car is a DD.

I also installed a Pinoeer NAV which also displays my iPod settings and controls. Again, I preferr that over the factory one.

I do wish they came with a ducktail type spoiler, brake duct/fogs and C pillar faux brake cooling scoops.

AND BLUE STRIPES!!!!

I would have ordered the heated seats. Not so much for me but it would have made the passenger seat power and height adjustable. My wife and most passengers dislike the seat height on the passenger side. especially with the CS hood. I tried to order the comfort package but it wasn't available. However, I missed that you could order the heated/power seats. It is a $600 part that I will add eventually. I hope.

I would have ordered the heated seats. Not so much for me but it would have made the passenger seat power and height adjustable. My wife and most passengers dislike the seat height on the passenger side. especially with the CS hood. I tried to order the comfort package but it wasn't available. However, I missed that you could order the heated/power seats. It is a $600 part that I will add eventually. I hope.

DITTO!!

If you ordered your car from Ford what if anything would you change in the order? Examples would be paint color, interior, Radio etc...

Personally I wish I had ordered the parchment interior. When I ordered the car I was only thinking how hard the light interior would be to keep clean. I now regret not getting the parchment after I saw a car like mine with that interior. Not to mention how rare it turned out to be.

I agree a light interior and it looks great!! You can keep it clean with ease.

I have heated seats and the pass. side isn't power, just heated. :headscratch: I would have wanted a 550 Whipple on a dream order plus exclusive wheels and interior items.

1. Painted stripes

2. Painted and stripped front splitter

3. Final laminated scoop design (functional ?)

4. Improved brakes

5. Power passenger seat

6. Additional HP

7. Auto dimming / homelink rear view mirror

8. Running lights

9. Billet hood pins with aluminum hardware

10. Color accents and/or badging on the seats

11. Spare tire

Isn't this really just another mods thread? I guess I'm not really sure of its intent....

If you're asking what available options would I have purchased when I bought the car, the answer is none, I really got what I wanted and could afford at the time.

The Shelby GT is really an awesome car as is!

A lot of good ideas here!

Painted Stripes

Functional Scoops

Larger Wheels/Tires

NA Engine with 400HP

Racing seats or more unique stitching/embroidery on the seats

I also wish that the grille housing on the 07's was the same as the 08's is stock...instead of having to replace the stock GT grille with hacked out fog lights.

A lot of good ideas here!

Painted Stripes

Functional Scoops

Larger Wheels/Tires

NA Engine with 400HP

Racing seats or more unique stitching/embroidery on the seats

I also wish that the grille housing on the 07's was the same as the 08's is stock...instead of having to replace the stock GT grille with hacked out fog lights.

you hit the nail right on the head there

I started changing my car the day I brought it home. Hertz hood, Ford OEM GT-500 rear spoiler, painted stripes, Ford Racing chrome valve covers, Shelby dash gauges, 1969 Shelby grill emblem, Shelby faux gas cap, CS red wheel centers on the stock chrome wheels. The Hertz hood changes the entire profile of the car giving it a more smooth look compared to stock. (opinion only)

you hit the nail right on the head there

I'm surprised nobody else mentioned that. I really like the power my car has but in terms of HP, a stock SGT is barely a step up from the GT. I think it should have been the midway point between the GT and the GT500. Just makes sense to me. Now with the new 5.0, a stock SGT is at almost a 100 HP disadvantage to a stock Mustang GT.

AUTOMATIC headlights!!! :dance: Why Ford? Such a simple option to add at the time.

Automatic climate control (just set the temp and it does the rest); yes, I know that it's an option on new Mustangs.

A holster for the gas cap (I made my own)

Sequentials - std equip.

A dome light - not the one near the rear view mirror, but in the headliner.

A trunk release button.

Ok.. I'm being picky now. :slapfight:

Archived