TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 on the Track!!!

Tomorrow, I get to take my first stab at the track, up in San Marcos. Harris Hill is having a little open track time, and Im gonna go up and put my car against a couple super cars I hear. We will know tomorrow night how the car runs against Z06s, Porsches, Ferraris and Lotus. I already know how it runs against BMW....happy%20feet.gif:superhero:

Tomorrow, I get to take my first stab at the track, up in San Marcos. Harris Hill is having a little open track time, and Im gonna go up and put my car against a couple super cars I hear. We will know tomorrow night how the car runs against Z06s, Porsches, Ferraris and Lotus. I already know how it runs against BMW....happy%20feet.gif:superhero:

I am very interested in your thoughts and feedback about the car on the track for obvious reasons. Please keep us up to speed. I'd be interested in your lap times so I could compare them to other posted race/qualifying lap times from that track.

Go get em.

Will do guys! Thanks for the support...Im so excited right now! THIS is why I bought this car. THIS is why I signed a check almost 11 months ago to the day for it. Im sorry not all of you will be there with me, or there with your cars for those waiting, but hoefully I can give a little good news on what to expect.

And Michael, you KNOW Im not going to leave you out of a drive in Vegas next month!!

Will do guys! Thanks for the support...Im so excited right now! THIS is why I bought this car. THIS is why I signed a check almost 11 months ago to the day for it. Im sorry not all of you will be there with me, or there with your cars for those waiting, but hoefully I can give a little good news on what to expect.

And Michael, you KNOW Im not going to leave you out of a drive in Vegas next month!!

dance.gifshift.gifdrool.gif

Well, Im back home now....and I hate to discuss this amongst so much tragedy with Tony's car today, it feels kind of like rubbing salt in the wound, so, Im going to put specifics on a day or two wait. I will share that the car without a single adjustment and using street tires at regular pressure and not changing the camber, and forgetting to take the traction control off, and the car ran a 1:31 lap time on a 1.9 mile track which is about 6 seconds off the top of their makeshift magnet board a la Top Gear.. Guys, I went up against 6 GTRs, 3 BMW M3s, a couple vettes, a few Porsches, including a GT3RS, and a Lamborghini. The other cars Im not mentioning arent worth mentioning, but, that said, I had to let the only car that passed me, a heavily modded Z06, by because my power would drop out from the traction control. Even with it on, I passed everything else, and the vette only got by me at the end of the run because the SC was starting to loose boost from heatsoak.

Videos and report to follow. I did have a slight introduction to a corner cone at about 85 MPH....:rant2:

Well, Im back home now....and I hate to discuss this amongst so much tragedy with Tony's car today, it feels kind of like rubbing salt in the wound, so, Im going to put specifics on a day or two wait. I will share that the car without a single adjustment and using street tires at regular pressure and not changing the camber, and forgetting to take the traction control off, and the car ran a 1:31 lap time on a 1.9 mile track which is about 6 seconds off the top of their makeshift magnet board a la Top Gear.. Guys, I went up against 6 GTRs, 3 BMW M3s, a couple vettes, a few Porsches, including a GT3RS, and a Lamborghini. The other cars Im not mentioning arent worth mentioning, but, that said, I had to let the only car that passed me, a heavily modded Z06, by because my power would drop out from the traction control. Even with it on, I passed everything else, and the vette only got by me at the end of the run because the SC was starting to loose boost from heatsoak.

Videos and report to follow. I did have a slight introduction to a corner cone at about 85 MPH....:rant2:

That is good news. Can't wait for the video. How did your brakes hold up?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived