TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspention

Nitemare

I don't know what I don't know about suspension parts. I have an 08 triple black vert. It has a FFRP CAI, 66mm TB, 2.59 VMP pulley and 90mm idler pulley and an Anco twin fan HE (boy are those fans loud, but you can't hear them inside the car). Brought the car to VMP tuning in Florida ( I live in Florida) to get Dynotuned. Results were 561.64 RWHP and 558.38 RWTQ. I am now going to have installed 3.73 gears and an axel girdle. I also am having Steeda LCA installed at the same time. I just read about FFRP relocation bracket for the LCA with 3 different mounting holes. Do I have to use these also?? Why 3 different mounting holes?? What do the UCR that are adjustable do; what are you adjusting?? What the heck is a panhard bar?? Is that a rear torque bar?? I come from the late 60's, early 70's running a 70 Chevelle LS6 that ran, at that time, pure street class, mid to high 11's. Unbeaten on the streets of Boston for 2 years. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. :headscratch: P.S. I don't plan to race the car except for an occasional red light racing.

Thanks, Bill (Nitemare)

Relocation brackets are mainly for lowered cars. It drops the LCA angle so that when you launch your rear axle doesn't bring the LCA angle above 0degrees. Most are weld-in but some bolt up.

Adjustable UCAs are to adjust the pinion angle for a 1 piece Drive shaft, again mostly for lowered cars.

Panhard bars adjust the axle's side to side alignment. Mostly used for lowered vehicles with a wider rim/tire setup

rear torque bar? maybe torque arm? there is no torque arm on the car, if you add one, it takes over the UCA. So there would be no UCA. (to my knowledge Griggs racing is the only company that makes a torque arm for this car.)

Most of the adjustable components are for if/when you lower your car. I would recommend changing the UCA/LCAs to eliminate wheel hop. You will notice an instant difference.

Relocation brackets are mainly for lowered cars. It drops the LCA angle so that when you launch your rear axle doesn't bring the LCA angle above 0degrees. Most are weld-in but some bolt up.

Adjustable UCAs are to adjust the pinion angle for a 1 piece Drive shaft, again mostly for lowered cars.

Panhard bars adjust the axle's side to side alignment. Mostly used for lowered vehicles with a wider rim/tire setup

rear torque bar? maybe torque arm? there is no torque arm on the car, if you add one, it takes over the UCA. So there would be no UCA. (to my knowledge Griggs racing is the only company that makes a torque arm for this car.)

Most of the adjustable components are for if/when you lower your car. I would recommend changing the UCA/LCAs to eliminate wheel hop. You will notice an instant difference.

That is great information. It clears up a lot of questions and saved me a lot of money. Thanks very much for the answers.

.............Bill

Archived