TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 800hp on fire

melina71

http://www.zougla.gr/page.ashx?pid=2&aid=218448&cid=12

i had to share it with all of you..this was just posted on a popular Greek television show from last night..just so you all realize this particular Shelby costs in Euros 83,000 thousand..which is in USD $109,887.46 for the 507 horsepower mode which clocks at from 0-100 km/hr ( 62.14 mph) in 5 secs with top speed of 270 km/hr ( 167.77 mph) .. However, the owner boosted the hp to 800 which had the above mentioned results.when I saw this i bawled...at both the stupidity of the mechanics here and the owner who should have known better to go to local mechanics.. :banghead:

What would you do if you were the owner??? How would you even go about it? Most dyno shops make you sign a release that states if they blow your car up, it's not their fault. Mabe these guys don't have a release form. They don't look very professional at all. I've never seen anyone sit on a bumper while doing a dyno pull. They look like a big bunch of idiots!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I would never sign a release form for a mod shop to do a dyno tune unless I wanted 100% out of my engine at a higher risk than the mod shop would allow (Then of course it's my dime). I've never heard of a reputable mod shop asking anyone to sign a waiver unless they are going with Monster power and against what the mod shop believes to be safe. All reputable shops who regularly work on GT500s know exactly how far they can push their tunes without engine damage. That's why the really good shops give you a warranty.

WOW, watching HIS Video, with the volume turned up, I can tell exactly when it red lined and then pasted it just before it blew. There was a snap sound a split second before it Blew but it didn't blow until he let off.

WOW, watching HIS Video, with the volume turned up, I can tell exactly when it red lined and then pasted it just before it blew. There was a snap sound a split second before it Blew but it didn't blow until he let off.

I didnt realize this person is a member..kind of funny how it ended up on a Greek TV show 2 nights ago.. :headscratch:

There was a snap sound a split second before it Blew but it didn't blow until he let off.

Upon completition of the rebuild of my first car's engine--1959 MGA, I asked the old, wise, shadetree mechanic who rebuilt it, "Will it wind to the redline?" He said, "Yeah, it'll wind up there but don't ever back off......" I took his advice.

A little background would probably be helpful - they were putting 24# of boost into a motor that was designed for a third of that, and had been thoroughly thrashed on the dyno and the drag strip prior to this dyno session. I don't know the guys who were involved, but I expect they knew the engine was on its last legs, knew exactly what the results would be, and were "testing to failure" to see what would break. These guys aren't idiots - this car's been the subject of several magazine features and has won a bunch of competitions and awards.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3845891/2008-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-cobra-coupe-2d

Archived