TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby signature for SGT

StrayShadow

I was going to order the signed air bag cover for the dash of my SGT. For those of you who

have this already, did you have to take the cover off and send it to SAI or do they have them

already signed and ready to ship out per verification of ownership?

Also concerning the signature, does this include Mr. Shelby writing the CSM # on the cover

too or is this something done only by request per contribution to CSCF?

Sorry if this a repeat of a previous topic!

Thanks!

Kevin

07SGT2591

I was going to order the signed air bag cover for the dash of my SGT. For those of you who

have this already, did you have to take the cover off and send it to SAI or do they have them

Also concerning the signature, does this include Mr. Shelby writing the CSM # on the cover

Thanks!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Kevin, the Foundation does not stock AB covers, you'll have to send one in to be signed. And for clarity, you would send your cover to the Foundation that's located in Gardena CA, not to SA in Las Vegas. You have two choices on sending a cover in. You can remove the one that's in your car now, or go to your local Ford dealer's parts department, order another cover, and then send that one in for Carroll's signature. Additionally, if you send a disposible camera with your cover, one of the foundation's staff members will take a picture of Carroll signing the cover. With regards to having Carroll write your CSM number along with his signature, you can certainally ask for that to happen, but I don't think it can be guaranteed that he will do that. He does it best to sign 100 items a day, 500 a week, and at age 88 (soon enough) it's kind of amazing that he still signs that much stuff a week.

All signature proceeds go to the Foundation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks ... I appreciate the help. Just ordered the air bag cover from the local dealership.

Should be here in a couple of days. I will purchase the certificate once the cover gets here.

How long is the process? Weeks ... months? Just so I have some idea of the wait time.

Thanks again!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Thanks ... I appreciate the help. Just ordered the air bag cover from the local dealership.

Should be here in a couple of days. I will purchase the certificate once the cover gets here.

How long is the process? Weeks ... months? Just so I have some idea of the wait time.

Thanks again!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Some members have had turn around's in a few weeks, some a few months, but generally speaking you should have your cover back within a month or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Does anybody know what's involved with removing the airbag cover? I too would like to get a signature in that location but am being told that once you get the cover removed it requires hazmat shipping?

Thanks,

3rdStang4Keeps

07SGT4631

you ship the cover only....Shelby will not accept if you send the airbag attached. On the 07 there should be like 6 tabs on the back side that hold the bag in place. Just carefully pry the tabs w/ small screw driver and it will release. Make sure you have removed the battery cable AND unplugged the harness to the airbag. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself...any body shop can do it in about 15 minutes. Then store the airbag in a safe place, NOT inside your house or around people. I stored mine in the garage until the cover came back. Craig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally received my air bag cover from the CSCF. I AM SO STOKED!

Shelbysig.jpg

Best mod or addition to a SGT for the money, HANDS DOWN!

Requested for the csm# to be written also but it wasn't done, ah well. Looks like

I have 4 or 5 pictures that have been taken on the camera. I will post those once

developed.

Thank You Mr.Shelby!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Finally received my air bag cover from the CSCF. I AM SO STOKED!

Shelbysig.jpg

Best mod or addition to a SGT for the money, HANDS DOWN!

Requested for the csm# to be written also but it wasn't done, ah well. Looks like

I have 4 or 5 pictures that have been taken on the camera. I will post those once

developed.

Thank You Mr.Shelby!

Kevin

07SGT2591

At least you got your camera back. I requested pictures and csm number but got just the signature. Oh well, it is a great mod and anyone that wants a signature from Mr Shelby need to hurry up. At 88 years old, he want be signing these items forever. As has been said, this is probably the best mod for the money and for a great cause also..

you ship the cover only....Shelby will not accept if you send the airbag attached.

Yeah, and the US Postal Service wouldn't be real pleased with ya either, since it is a "Explosive Device".

Federal Prison isn't someplace I wanna vist real soon.

Phill

Archived