TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ITS HOME!

bkdraft1

post-5088-1172422897_thumb.jpgpost-5088-1172422918_thumb.jpgpost-5088-1172422935_thumb.jpgpost-5088-1172422951_thumb.jpg

Arrived on Thursday morning at the dealer. Caught a pic as it drove by me on the transport carrier (posted earlier). Got to see it unloaded, took more pics, and it went directly to the rear storage garage of the dealership. Had to finish out my shift and then.......got stuck with 4.5 hours more of working! Couldn't even go back and drool over my car. Next day got off early and stopped by to look and make sure it was still in the garage (of course it was). Was pretty dirty and needed a bath. Dealer decided to do the PDI on Saturday morning. The whole thing was videoed by the local TV news channel as the owner is a car buff and is doing a special on it. I think my wife was more excited than me......she couldn't sleep and was worrying her head off about what if this and what if that!

Saturday morning.....was raining.....roads very dirty and wet. PDI was done.....weather started to clear and the excitment was building!

First drive: Wife and I drove it about 1 mile as a dealer employee followed us to the gas station and filled up the tank. People started gathering around and a 5 minute fill up turned into 15 plus minutes. Drove back to the dealer and parked it at the detail shop. AWESOME CAR! Ride is not what you would expect from a car with that kind of power. Of course (as you can see from the pics the reason why) I could not demostrate or check out the power of the car where I was at.......but you can sure feel it.

Car was detailed and the roads cleared up good. Drove it around for a bit then home. 26 miles on it now. Got to step into it just a whee little bit on the way home......yes it goes and soooooo smooth!

Some pics here and more to come when I can get it downloaded off my camera.

post-5088-1172422897_thumb.jpg

post-5088-1172422918_thumb.jpg

post-5088-1172422935_thumb.jpg

post-5088-1172422951_thumb.jpg

Backdraft1 & Mrs. Backdraft1,

Your smiles say it all. I am glad that the 2 of you are happy. I look forward to meeting the both of you this spring or summer. If you have an hour the next time you come down to visit your kids, lets have lunch together. Your car looks beautiful. Congrats to the both of you.

I am looking forward to some more photos when you get time.

Grabber.

post-5088-1172422897_thumb.jpgpost-5088-1172422918_thumb.jpgpost-5088-1172422935_thumb.jpgpost-5088-1172422951_thumb.jpg

Arrived on Thursday morning at the dealer. Caught a pic as it drove by me on the transport carrier (posted earlier). Got to see it unloaded, took more pics, and it went directly to the rear storage garage of the dealership. Had to finish out my shift and then.......got stuck with 4.5 hours more of working! Couldn't even go back and drool over my car. Next day got off early and stopped by to look and make sure it was still in the garage (of course it was). Was pretty dirty and needed a bath. Dealer decided to do the PDI on Saturday morning. The whole thing was videoed by the local TV news channel as the owner is a car buff and is doing a special on it. I think my wife was more excited than me......she couldn't sleep and was worrying her head off about what if this and what if that!

Saturday morning.....was raining.....roads very dirty and wet. PDI was done.....weather started to clear and the excitment was building!

First drive: Wife and I drove it about 1 mile as a dealer employee followed us to the gas station and filled up the tank. People started gathering around and a 5 minute fill up turned into 15 plus minutes. Drove back to the dealer and parked it at the detail shop. AWESOME CAR! Ride is not what you would expect from a car with that kind of power. Of course (as you can see from the pics the reason why) I could not demostrate or check out the power of the car where I was at.......but you can sure feel it.

Car was detailed and the roads cleared up good. Drove it around for a bit then home. 26 miles on it now. Got to step into it just a whee little bit on the way home......yes it goes and soooooo smooth!

Some pics here and more to come when I can get it downloaded off my camera.

Rock on. You bought the right color.

HSURB

Definitly the best color to own ! Welcome to the Shelby family. Its a great affair and you'll love driving the car.

ITS AWESOME !

Bkdraft1,

I enjoyed having lunch with you and your wife today, glad you could stop by the house before you headed back home. I can tell she really likes the new Shelby. In fact I think she likes it more than you. Your going to have to watch her. :hysterical:

Bkdraft1,

I enjoyed having lunch with you and your wife today, glad you could stop by the house before you headed back home. I can tell she really likes the new Shelby. In fact I think she likes it more than you. Your going to have to watch her. :hysterical:

Likewise, Grabber. Wish we had more time but needed to get back home. Looking forward to July for the Westfield Mall show in Vancouver. Yes, she is excited about the car too! Only problem is that she gets upset when someone gets too close to it either in another car or just looking at it. Sometimes I think she is about to pounce on them! :finger::chairshot:

Archived