TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Christmas Sale at the Shelby Store

SpeedRacer

Sale will start tomorrow afternoon. We will be sending out an email!

Thanks Sharon for the sale. Notice comes a little late as I sent list to my son. Unfortunate most of what I wanted was/is out of stock(?) and he would not give hint on one thing he got. Will have to wait dor a Spring Tax refund sale?

You and Robert still are tops in my book.

Tom

Its aggravating when literally everything I would have liked to have ordered is on backorder :waiting:

My first order with SPP resulted in ONE item on BO. That was the Shelby/MM Caster/Camber plates.

My second order was completely filled except for the 2010 SS CF Splitter and the SS/Alcoa wheels...

The first sale, the wheels were not included. The second sale, they were included but "out of stock" <AHEM!>.

This sale came so soon after the last sale that I figure I'll wait and let my wallet size build back up a little before ordering.....maybe.....possibly....If I can hold out!

I'd really like that tube K-member and adjustable A-arms for my car to go along with the Caster/Camber plates, the Swaybar links, the Bumpsteer ends and the FR3 handling pack (which I already have, or have paid for and awaiting delivery).

We shall see......

Phill (the impatient one!) Pollard

Its aggravating when literally everything I would have liked to have ordered is on backorder :waiting:

Take a number. That's been the case for me on the last 3 sales. Apparently its very difficult to keep pedal covers and sway bars in stock. Sometimes I wonder how much the ole' "wish lists" play a role in what's available during a sale and what's not.

• 1 month later...

Strong, premium brands rely less on sales and focus on quality and value. There are a lot of premium brands and products out there who do not rely on continued sales to push their products and they are highly successful.

Consistent sales do signal to consumers that the merchant or manufacturer is a discounter and certainly Shelby shouldn't be part of that mindset. Shelby needs to transition into a premium brand because that's what it is - it's the very pinnacle of Ford performance. Premium brands cannot continue to offer sale after sale - it's simply not healthy and conducive to long term success.

Yes, we will do occasional sales - but our goal is to continue boosting product quality and offerings coupled with great customer service.

Isn't running another sale one month after Christmas pretty much running consistent sales? :headscratch:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64456-shelby-performance-parts-72-hour-sale/

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't running another sale one month after Christmas pretty much running consistent sales? :headscratch:

http://www.teamshelb...s-72-hour-sale/

:rolleyes:

Hmmm... and another one for a week in February.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64944-team-shelby-apparel-and-merch-sale-20-off/

I see a patern here.

So much for "Consistent sales do signal to consumers that the merchant or manufacturer is a discounter and certainly Shelby shouldn't be part of that mindset. Shelby needs to transition into a premium brand because that's what it is - it's the very pinnacle of Ford performance. Premium brands cannot continue to offer sale after sale - it's simply not healthy and conducive to long term success."

:hysterical:

Hmmm... and another one for a week in February.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64944-team-shelby-apparel-and-merch-sale-20-off/

I see a patern here.

So much for "Consistent sales do signal to consumers that the merchant or manufacturer is a discounter and certainly Shelby shouldn't be part of that mindset. Shelby needs to transition into a premium brand because that's what it is - it's the very pinnacle of Ford performance. Premium brands cannot continue to offer sale after sale - it's simply not healthy and conducive to long term success."

This is NOT FOR PARTS - it's for apparel and merchandise. With that being said, we'll occasionally offer select parts for sale from time to time - but we do not wish to continue across the board sales on every part. For example, we're going to have a killer brake sale soon - but only brakes. The sale will pertain to everyone except JoeG. . .if he orders, we'll cancel the order! :hysterical:

This is NOT FOR PARTS - it's for apparel and merchandise. With that being said, we'll occasionally offer select parts for sale from time to time - but we do not wish to continue across the board sales on every part. For example, we're going to have a killer brake sale soon - but only brakes. The sale will pertain to everyone except JoeG. . .if he orders, we'll cancel the order! :hysterical:

Joe doesn't need brakes anyways. He just down shifts. :shift:

This is NOT FOR PARTS - it's for apparel and merchandise. With that being said, we'll occasionally offer select parts for sale from time to time - but we do not wish to continue across the board sales on every part. For example, we're going to have a killer brake sale soon - but only brakes.

Hey, now *there* an idea.

A. I'm glad the 15% is NOT for parts as I just spent nearly a (another) grand on some parts at 10% and i'd be really really REALLY pissed if you put 'em on sale for 15%, and....

2. I JUST BOUGHT A SET OF SHELBY/BAER BRAKES, DAMNIT! :banghead:

I think putting select parts on sale is a good idea. Frankly, that's how/why I bought my Roush rear adjustable Upper & Lower control arms/bracket from Roush. He had the adjustable locating arms on a "overstock" sale and I picked them up cheaper than I could get his non-adjusable "anti-hop" items for. He has a section on his site for items on sale (hint hint) and I occasionally check there because his deals are killer too.

I'm not sure how you'd go about picking/choosing *which* parts to put on sale but maybe like Roush, if you have a excess of "Item A" stock you could put that on sale.

But that's a business decision and I've got nothing to say about that.....(ain't MY business!).

Phill

Archived