TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Christmas Sale at the Shelby Store

SpeedRacer

Robert/Sharon,

I realize that you just had a Thanksgiving Sale at the Store; however, why would you not continue that sale or have a separate Christmas sale? Just does not make any sense to me. The Christmas holiday season is where most retailers make their money for the year; however, The Shelby Store has nothing.

Will you have another sale this month? Thanks in advance.... I'll see you both in Vegas. Merry Christmas.

Stuart

Robert & Sharon....

Hello.....

SPP has got to be one of the only Auto Aftermarket companies without a Christmas sale.... Trying to close the books early; do not like 4th qtr sales; what's up....

Stuart

I ordered my stuff for the thanksgiving sale! Saved over a 100 bucks :yahoo:

Same here but saved about twice that.

Still haven't RECEIVED it yet...but I did get my order in and saved a few bucks.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. The Big Brown Truck just stopped at my house and dropped two boxes off. Now I'm wondering how they folded the panhard bar brace and the driveshaft loop/brace up to fit 'em in the box though!

I look at the SPP sales like this: It's kind'a like I'm getting a free $200-$300 item from them. Last time, I got my quarter window scoops for free!

Phill

Robert stated earlier that Shelby Performace Parts does not want to be known as a discount retailer. Which makes sence to me but for the sake of all mankind its CHRISTMAS and we need a little hand out. :hysterical:

This has nothing to do with being a discount retailer. It is about being a good business. My 2 cents are that they really need a professional running business operations. Not car lovers who walked into a business role. SAI is sitting on a gold mine, they need to understand how to extract the surplus. Basics of running a profitable business venture. I just do not understand some of their ways of working.... Love the Product & People--do not understand their business model.

This has nothing to do with being a discount retailer. It is about being a good business. My 2 cents are that they really need a professional running business operations. Not car lovers who walked into a business role. SAI is sitting on a gold mine, they need to understand how to extract the surplus. Basics of running a profitable business venture. I just do not understand some of their ways of working.... Love the Product & People--do not understand their business model.

Spot on as they say across the pond. I have always been befuddled by their logic and marketing at times. They would do well to hire "The Mike Stacy" as their consultant.

You're just figuring that out now, Stuart? :headscratch:

:hysterical3:

BTW - miss ya over on SU buddy. :shift:

We are planning a sale this week. We just ended a sale on November 30th we can not keep a sale going for a solid month then we would be a discount buisness.

We are planning a sale this week. We just ended a sale on November 30th we can not keep a sale going for a solid month then we would be a discount buisness.

Sharon,

Maybe next year it could be the Holiday sale, say a week before Thanksgiving to a week before Christmas. Time frames about the same and cover both events.

Just a thought.

Unfortunately no matter what we do it will not please everyone.

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time....but you will NEVER please all of the people all of the time! (JFK?)

Phill

Strong, premium brands rely less on sales and focus on quality and value. There are a lot of premium brands and products out there who do not rely on continued sales to push their products and they are highly successful.

Consistent sales do signal to consumers that the merchant or manufacturer is a discounter and certainly Shelby shouldn't be part of that mindset. Shelby needs to transition into a premium brand because that's what it is - it's the very pinnacle of Ford performance. Premium brands cannot continue to offer sale after sale - it's simply not healthy and conducive to long term success.

Yes, we will do occasional sales - but our goal is to continue boosting product quality and offerings coupled with great customer service.

Strong, premium brands rely less on sales and focus on quality and value. There are a lot of premium brands and products out there who do not rely on continued sales to push their products and they are highly successful.

Consistent sales do signal to consumers that the merchant or manufacturer is a discounter and certainly Shelby shouldn't be part of that mindset. Shelby needs to transition into a premium brand because that's what it is - it's the very pinnacle of Ford performance. Premium brands cannot continue to offer sale after sale - it's simply not healthy and conducive to long term success.

Yes, we will do occasional sales - but our goal is to continue boosting product quality and offerings coupled with great customer service.

I agree with this. Part of the reason that I bought my Shelby GT is that it's a Shelby and I feel that Shelby is the top of the food chain when it comes to Mustangs. I think the same way about the parts and merchandise. I like having the best and that's the feeling I get when I buy things from SPP. Anything less wouldn't be good enough for my car. I'm not at all saying that there shouldn't be sales from time to time, but I do think that most of the time the sales should be limited to Team Shelby members. I think that the general public should only have access to our discounts maybe once or twice a year. Overall I am happy with the way SPP is conducting business.

Robert,

I understand. However, having 2-3 sale periods a year does not make one a discount retailer. It is what 99.999% of successful premium retailers do. IMHO, having 1 sale a year and declaring yourself a premium retailer is not a sound business practice--it's hubris. With respect.

Stuart

Sharon,

That's all I was asking. I do not think that SAI should have on going sales--it does devalue the brand and profitability. However, having 3 major sales a year makes good business sense. Thanks for the update and I will be buying some things. Regards.

Stuart

Robert,

I understand. However, having 2-3 sale periods a year does not make one a discount retailer. It is what 99.999% of successful premium retailers do. IMHO, having 1 sale a year and declaring yourself a premium retailer is not a sound business practice--it's hubris. With respect.

Stuart

Stuart, Agreed. We have had quite a few sale this year - I don't know the exact count, however, it's probably close to 12.

My wish list is maxxed out and winterized my KR today, need to install some mods for the spring... :hysterical3: :happy feet:

Archived