TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th to be sold at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale

That was a very clean 1800 mi car 1 of 250 or so. Perfect example of why now is not the time to be selling our cars. All cars will depreciate for many years. It will be 10-15 years before we see ours level off and/or appreciate well in value. This also shows the risk in selling at no reserve at BJ...

I'm here. I thought the price of 55K including commission was pretty good considering the overall market. The car appeared to be a bone stock 40th but I didn't see under the hood. The car was not promoted at all before it went on the block. I checked it out several times and never saw anyone around it and It was always locked.

I think John is right on about the cars being driven having a ways to go yet, but I think the low mileage cars have bottomed. Kevin made money with his 40th and $55,000 was a good price for an average, everyday 40th.

A 2009 GT500KR - CSM #1 - and with just 17 miles on it - went for $72k. That should speak volumes on the market for selling a relatively new car and expecting something out of it. Anyone who had that car for this long and hadn't driven it - should have continued storing it and brought it out in 30 years.

The only thing I see here is the seller, for whatever reason, had to get rid of the KR. It is obvious he didn't buy the car to sell it or drive it. It does have something special to it being the first 09 KR. The thing that cracked me up was they said the sticker price was 44K and it had an aluminum block. The buyer paid 10k more for the CSM #1 compared to the ones that have sold on Ebay. So when I do the math according to BJ value the KR is worth $60,000, which is 20% more for a straight 40th that sold for $50,000. Maybe in the next 5 years we could close that 20% gap because there a so fewer 40ths than KR's.

Archived