TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th to be sold at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale

Its a 605hp model with a short throw shifter.

Steve

Wouldn't it be cool if SA bought one of the last 07's that are still for sale new and then upfit it with the 40th package and auction it as the "last 40th anniversary model" for charity? Just an idea, I certainly dont have the coin for it lol

Wouldn't it be cool if SA bought one of the last 07's that are still for sale new and then upfit it with the 40th package and auction it as the "last 40th anniversary model" for charity? Just an idea, I certainly dont have the coin for it lol

Good idea but not sure it could be done as the 40th package is a post-title mod so the car would need to be titled first. On a related note I wonder if anyone has approached Roger with the idea of having their GT500 converted into the last 40th package car?

Steve

Good idea but not sure it could be done as the 40th package is a post-title mod so the car would need to be titled first. On a related note I wonder if anyone has approached Roger with the idea of having their GT500 converted into the last 40th package car?

Steve

Steve,

There are some really good deals on low mileage 07s out there today. Somone could buy one of those and get the last 40th package for half of what I and others paid!!! :fool:

Stuart

Steve

How about just making one thats already there the last 40th package car? :dance:

Steve

I would be willing to bet the farm that someone very special has already approached SA months ago on the last 40th and it's just a matter of days now. It's kinda like, who do you think will get the last GT350? Having the last one is just about as good as having the first one of any model year. The first GT500 sold for $650,000 and the first KR sold for $550,000. I believe the first GT350 sold for $ 137,000. First Challenger was only $400.000, and the first ZR1 went for $1,000,000. Should be interesting if Steve Davis, from Barrett-Jackson, #CSM07XL0001 ends up with the last 40th. :headscratch:

Steve

Not necessarily. My 40th has never been titled and it was shipped directly to Shelby (then SAI) from Ford. I took delivery at Shelby in Vegas. My car has never seen a dealership, thank goodness.:hysterical:

So, if personally, hand-delivered both my car :peelout: and the funds ($$$$$) to SAI in Las Vegas at 11:59:59 p.m. on Dec 31st, 2010.... would I get the Last 40th package?

My wife did ask me if we had plans for New Year's Eve :party2:

Not necessarily. My 40th has never been titled and it was shipped directly to Shelby (then SAI) from Ford. I took delivery at Shelby in Vegas. My car has never seen a dealership, thank goodness.:hysterical:

I thought it was a post title package.

I would be willing to bet the farm that someone very special has already approached SA months ago on the last 40th and it's just a matter of days now. It's kinda like, who do you think will get the last GT350? Having the last one is just about as good as having the first one of any model year. The first GT500 sold for $650,000 and the first KR sold for $550,000. I believe the first GT350 sold for $ 137,000. First Challenger was only $400.000, and the first ZR1 went for $1,000,000. Should be interesting if Steve Davis, from Barrett-Jackson, #CSM07XL0001 ends up with the last 40th. :headscratch:

I know Steve Davis is a big time Shelby guy but I'm not sure about his 40th knowledge. He placed this car on Wednesday. Traditionally not the big dollar time. However if he's on the block talking about the car, they will get at least market for it.

A lot of these high dollar auctioned cars have very little to do with the "value" of the car. Many of these auctioned cars are for charity and the value in the auction is for the charity and not the car. I'd be willing to bet that a $600,000 car bought by Pratt or the likes is wrighting off $400,000 or more as the donation and the remaining $200,000 is the appraised value of the car.

It must be so nice to wright off that kind of money and keep the car too. I don't understand why this 40th is at BJ's unless Elvis sat in the seat and drove it around the block and not some used car lot. :hysterical:

BJ's has all price ranges of vehicles. You only see the high dollar stuff on TV. The first year I went, I was surprised at the amount of just back yard drivers that was there to auction. There is almost 3 days of auctions that rarely hit $25 grand and many uder $10 grand. And all are at No Reserve, so it could be quite a gamble to put your car up on the block.

I don't see anything special on this 40th except low mileage and it has my 427 number, #167. Jon, CSM260, had his car on Ebay this past summer for $38.000. He finally sold it to someone here in Florida last month. I'm guessing it went for less than $36,000. I think this car will sell for around the same price or a little more. It will be the first full 40th ( not counting the prototype) sold at BJ'S, but don't think that will add any value. Most of Shelby's today will not go up in value in my life time, but the day will come.

I don't see anything special on this 40th except low mileage and it has my 427 number, #167. Jon, CSM260, had his car on Ebay this past summer for $38.000. He finally sold it to someone here in Florida last month. I'm guessing it went for less than $36,000. I think this car will sell for around the same price or a little more. It will be the first full 40th ( not counting the prototype) sold at BJ'S, but don't think that will add any value. Most of Shelby's today will not go up in value in my life time, but the day will come.

I agree with your price estimate. If it doesn't reach 30K it's going to be really hard for me not to put my hand up.

It is a post title conversion.

Roger

It is a post title conversion.

Roger

Yes, I understand that by the definsion of the program. I'm just pointing out what I thought to be "unusual" circumstances in which my car went thru the program. Maybe it was not that "unusual" at all and you have many 40th's done in similar circumstances. Only you Shelby people would know that for sure.

Yes, I understand that by the definsion of the program. I'm just pointing out what I thought to be "unusual" circumstances in which my car went thru the program. Maybe it was not that "unusual" at all and you have many 40th's done in similar circumstances. Only you Shelby people would know that for sure.

Can't wit to see wht it goes for.

Jon

• 5 weeks later...

Thinking this 40th will cross the stage between 8:30 to 9:00 pm EST tonight. Check it out on SPEEDTV... Will be watching for sure!

---------------------------------------

Now guessing it will be between 9 & 9:30 pm.... :waiting:

Thinking this 40th will cross the stage between 8:30 to 9:00 pm EST tonight. Check it out on SPEEDTV... Will be watching for sure!

---------------------------------------

Now guessing it will be between 9 & 9:30 pm.... :waiting:

There's still 15 cars to go - it's gonna be another 45 minutes...

Archived