TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Would You Like 2 see Ford do?

pmason718

The GT was a fantastic car but it wasn't a practical car for ANY kind of road trips unless you were by yourself so you could put your luggage on the passenger seat. It had no trunk space at all. I remember picking my daughter up from school in it and even her backpack would not fit under the front bonnet because the recessed vents took up the WHOLE baggage compartment. I really could not enjoy the car unless I had a baggage car following me. I would love Ford to produce another supercar with at least a little trunk space. The McIntosh stereo was a nice touch also. Now as far as the GT500 is concerned, just give me some traction! That is all I ask for, well besides fixing the 1-2 shift problem. I would really like to see a Mach 1 / Shaker hood Mustang also. Regards, denohew

power folding outside mirrors, stripe delete for anybody no restrictions no extra cost, six spd auto tranny, FRPP warranty on all power packages including the 750 hp option, all options available like the GT, wheel diameter option such as 15 and 18 inch, 8 way driver power seat, retrofittable elect pkg that can be loaded from ipod rather than one cd at a time for juke box, power tilt telescope steering wheel, a true launch control retrofittabe to preceding model years at friendly local dealership, a console that can accomodate a .45, much better trunk road noise isolation, home link retrofittable to prior model years, no warranty cancellation for removing speed limiter. Remote unlockable gas filler door like on my 11year old $12000 Toyota Echo.

They already did for 2011. After I swapped out the heavy 60lb rollers for my Racestars it brought my curb weight down to 3,660lbs which is as light as a GT. I could pull the seats and easily be in 3,5xxlbs

Yep the aluminum engine was the best choice, Now if there was a way they could get it down to the weight of your car from the factory without the use of expensive carbon fiber panels and titanium pipes like the Z06 vette needs. That would be somthing. Everyone talks about the 1971 to 73 Mustangs being heavy, but they are only 3420 lbs. If they could get the weight down a bit more the 6hp advantage the new Z28 is probably going to have will mean nothing. Those Camaros are true heavy weights, and not in a good sense.

Better rear suspension. Wish they would take a look at what Griggs can do with a mustang, and alter it just a little to remain quiet.

Even with what they are doing on the Boss, they could have done a lot better.

If baffles me why manufactors don't look at what the aftermarket does to dramatically improve things and copy them. They spend all this R&D, yet still come up short to aftermarket companies with much smaller budgets.

They should be trying to hire these people in house.

Interesting thread here that really showcases the dilema that faces design engineers when developing and refining this type of niche vehicle. Some buyers look for more cushy, comfy, seats and power "moonroofs" while others crave higher levels of performance. Very difficult to provide a silky smooth ride and interior experience while also delivering the brutal acceleration that performance/muscle cars are expected to provide when commanded. The current CTS-V can give ya both for 30 grand more.

I'd be happy with the 2011 GT500 engine in a base 2011 Mustang GT with an auto. Call it a poor man's Cobra Jet. Be close to a 10 second car on drag radials stock and could probably be priced around 37K.

Thats exactly what I woulda got....esp if the outside mirrors were folders. Just think, no more shifting problems or clutch replacements. Not to mention the rich options list!

Archived