TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys in Florida

x-Boss429

I emailed 4 different carriers about bringing it down and Exotic is the only company that replied. It amazes me that they all have quote forms on their sites and then don't reply. Anyway Exotic came very highly recommended to me by a friend that buys a bunch of cars and uses them. Can't wait for them to pull up to my driveway.

I emailed 4 different carriers about bringing it down and Exotic is the only company that replied. It amazes me that they all have quote forms on their sites and then don't reply. Anyway Exotic came very highly recommended to me by a friend that buys a bunch of cars and uses them. Can't wait for them to pull up to my driveway.

Whazen

Congratulations on your car... U WILL LOVE IT :happy feet:

And it gets better and better with time .. like a fine bottle of wine !

Im getting a bunch of people from Florida together .. so i am going to refresh the post ... Once u read my post ... pm me with your vitals !!!

I bet u cant wait !

opps ... u already pm'd me earlier ! ... just realized that ~!

I am a new member in Palm Beach County. I have a black Gt 500 convertible. Can anyone reccommend any good shops in south Florida that work on these cars? I know there is Steeda in Pompano. Has anyone used them or suggest anyone else?

South Florida here (Miramar) Black W/White...Got mine March 1, I have used Steeda and they are really good. I had the cold air kit added w/tune and put on their Steeda (Borla) axle-back system added about 80-90 hp on the dyno. The car is awesome!!

Tomahawk

South Florida here (Miramar) Black W/White...Got mine March 1, I have used Steeda and they are really good. I had the cold air kit added w/tune and put on their Steeda (Borla) axle-back system added about 80-90 hp on the dyno. The car is awesome!!

Tomahawk

Only have 500 miles on mine so far. Looking forward to some mods, I have only added Borlas. Trying to decide on which CAI and tune to use, any endorsements? Looking forward to getting together with the Florida crowd soon!

:beerchug:

Tomahawk

I am checking out a Mustang shop in Boca called Blow By Racing. The owner used to work at Steeda. I want to do a Jlt cai, super charger pulley and tune and possibly exhaust and headers. I will check out Steeda also. Do you know which cai is better Steeda or Jlt or are they both just as good?

Good evening to you all, I live in Miami & do drive the Shelby most weekends (red/white). I just hit 1200 miles, already did an oil change and car is ridiculous. Anyone in Miami ever go to Fuddruckers ? The first Saturday of every month (in 2 DAYS) there is a car show of all cars (new & old). I will be there with the Beast if anyone would like to join us please call us at (305) 613-8484. I am also very interested in meeting in Orlando.

David- Miami

dave send me a pm .... Im the one organizing the meet in Orlando .. send me your cell number .. and in a few weeks I am going to contact everyone and set a date for everyone !

Good evening to you all, I live in Miami & do drive the Shelby most weekends (red/white). I just hit 1200 miles, already did an oil change and car is ridiculous. Anyone in Miami ever go to Fuddruckers ? The first Saturday of every month (in 2 DAYS) there is a car show of all cars (new & old). I will be there with the Beast if anyone would like to join us please call us at (305) 613-8484. I am also very interested in meeting in Orlando.

David- Miami

David, I live in Miramar which Fuddruckers are you talking about? I have the Black/white and would like to possibly meet you there. You can call me at 954-547-5065

Tomahawk

(Neil)

I am checking out a Mustang shop in Boca called Blow By Racing. The owner used to work at Steeda. I want to do a Jlt cai, super charger pulley and tune and possibly exhaust and headers. I will check out Steeda also. Do you know which cai is better Steeda or Jlt or are they both just as good?

They are both really good. I went with Steeda I really didnt have much info on the Jlt to go by.

I am a new member in Palm Beach County. I have a black Gt 500 convertible. Can anyone reccommend any good shops in south Florida that work on these cars? I know there is Steeda in Pompano. Has anyone used them or suggest anyone else?

I have never heard anything bad about Steeda, their rep is good. I have only baught their hood struts but was real happy with the product and service.

If you want to come north to Palm City, there is a place on SR714 "Extreme Performance" They do mods on high end cars...Mustangs, Corvettes, BMW's, Trucks and more. They have only been around for a couple years and seem to be doing well.

Hi I live in downtown area

I got white&blue since january

I hang around southbeach or coral gables

area I saw one 67"elenaor" the unicorn

in southbeach.but when i went to the

barret-jackson auction last weekend

i saw a whole bunch of them and then some.. it was like alice was

in wonderland, u know what i mean...

I have never heard anything bad about Steeda, their rep is good. I have only baught their hood struts but was real happy with the product and service.

If you want to come north to Palm City, there is a place on SR714 "Extreme Performance" They do mods on high end cars...Mustangs, Corvettes, BMW's, Trucks and more. They have only been around for a couple years and seem to be doing well.

Have they done any Shelby's and do you know if they have any dyno results?

dave send me a pm .... Im the one organizing the meet in Orlando .. send me your cell number .. and in a few weeks I am going to contact everyone and set a date for everyone !

Tks- my cell number is (305) 613-8484. Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting everyone !!

Regards,

David

• 2 weeks later...
Nice job on the lettering, did you do it? Where did you get your tune?

Yup! Did it all my self..the hardest part is removing the glue residue. My car was the prototype tune from VMP Tuning. Justin did a fantastic job, and the car with only a tune is currently posting 498 HP and 492 Torque at the rear wheels!!

I have only seen one Shelby down here in the Fort Myers area but I know there are at least 10 from what the dealer here told me. I called about mine today since it is suppose to be delivered any day and they have temporarily lost the cars location at the plant? It has not been assigned a rail car, and my dealer in Jacksonville spent an hour on the phone with Ford today trying to locate it. Oh well, they will come up with it way in the back row.

The Shelby I have seen was in Cape Coral Florida where I live, and he has been invited to the meet and Greet in Orlando next month. Boy I like that black with red stripes on the "Red Package Special"! Anyone else like that combo-page 2? I am tempted to reorder. +11 and always looking for better. Wish I could find one at +5? If anyone knows of a good deal PM me right away.

red_stripe_pckg.pdf

red_stripe_pckg.pdf

NipNTuck,

There might not be very many GT500's down your way just because the dealers sold 10 or more of them. From what I have heard, a bunch of them have gone out of the country. I noticed you said your dealer is in Jacksonville. I am up there a bunch as I travel the state.

I live in Kissimmee and ordered mine in Ohio. They told me there was a shortage on rail cars and mine was held up. When I hung up the phone with Ford, the dealer up there called me and said it was in. They don't have any idea what is going on after they build them. Anyway I should see mine this week as it is now on Exotic Car Transport. If you don't feel like traveling to Jacksonville to pick yours up, just call me and I will suffer and complain while I drive it down for you. (Just Kidding) Good Luck!!

NipNTuck,

There might not be very many GT500's down your way just because the dealers sold 10 or more of them. From what I have heard, a bunch of them have gone out of the country. I noticed you said your dealer is in Jacksonville. I am up there a bunch as I travel the state.

I live in Kissimmee and ordered mine in Ohio. They told me there was a shortage on rail cars and mine was held up. When I hung up the phone with Ford, the dealer up there called me and said it was in. They don't have any idea what is going on after they build them. Anyway I should see mine this week as it is now on Exotic Car Transport. If you don't feel like traveling to Jacksonville to pick yours up, just call me and I will suffer and complain while I drive it down for you. (Just Kidding) Good Luck!!

Thanks for the offer, but we have the day trip all planned out. Our youngest daughter is in school in Gainesville and we plan on stopping on the way home and letting her "pop" the clutch and stall it a few times! Glad to hear you are getting your car. Good luck with it and hopefully we can meet next month at the First Florida Annual Shelby Party being held in Orlando. Our fearless leader "1badsho" is having the formal invitations printed as we write. I think it was great of him to volunteer as President for life! Good show Don!

Mark

Hi Everyone.

I just want to express my views of the new Shelby GT 500. Ford and Shelby were kind enough to give us this great machine and I for one intend to beat on it every day. I took delivery on March 1, got my first ticket on the third day. Have ran it to 150 MPH. Have had all 4 Wheels off the ground @130 MPH after hitting a dip in the road. Have been down the Moroso Drag Strip a few times but really only want to Road Race it. I will be in Sebring on the 20th of April to learn how. I drive the car every day it has 2830 miles on it. I have a Steeda Pulley and cold air system, colder plugs and a custom tune. I also took off the Cats. I only play on totally isolated roads with only me in the car. I have met about 6 other owners and only one really drives his. It really hurts me to see this knowing I have more then a few friends who given the chance would have bought one and driven it like it was meant to be. Come on everyone lets make Shelby Proud. Sorry got to go get the Shelby ready for Sebring. JAS

post-4709-1176850651_thumb.jpg

post-4709-1176850651_thumb.jpg

Thanks for everyone’s patience. I am sending this letter out to all of those who inquired about being part of the first Florida ShelbyGT500 get together.

The date is set for May 19th .. a Saturday … exact times will be posted as well as directions. We have one member who has graciously allowed us to come to his home. He has a lot of acreage and is just outside Orlando.

Spouses and children are welcomed but not mandatory to have a great time !

Festivities are being formulated as we speak but initially:

- Meet and greet

- Discussions on the Shelby and different mods available for the car

- car show with wall plaques awarded to the best stock and modded Shelby

- raffle on a item hopefully sent to us by SAI

- door prises

- food catered from sonnys

- and more ….

This is a horse farm so the children will be able ride. So keep this in mind!

It is important that we get a check in advance( made payable to Don Donelson ) …. $12 per person attending the event and children under the age of 12, $8.00

The reason for the checks is so that we can order the food in advance and have the ability to have a reasonable head count of who’s showing.

Please advise how many will be in your party .. and send the check to:

Bay Harbor Ford

Attn: Don Donelson

1908 S McCall Rd

Englewood, Fl., 34223

I will be sending out additional information … times … directions .. etc …

My work number is 941-475-5444-ext 212 … and from this point forward I would like to have all correspondence sent to my e-mail addy at

onebadsho@hotmail.com

I truly look forward to meeting everyone !

Don Donelson

Archived