TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Are You All Doing For Xmas Holiday?

I'll start off by saying that Gina and I are meeting the trucker with all our stuff from Toronto to NJ on Dec.20th. Her company pays for the unpacking, as well. We spend two nights tripping over all of our crap in new strange surroundings then get on a big bird and head to Phx Dec. 23.

Anyone else with far away travel plans?? I figured it was curious to ask with all of our recent activity on the wonderful TSA? I'm thinkin' I'll wear a thong under my jeans! :hysterical:

Work is closed during the Holidays so it is the best time for some carefree travel. No customers to answer to, no employees to deal with and no suppliers to keep track of. happy%20feet.gif

Marji's plan has been to celebrate New Years in a different country every year. We get Rome this year.

I'll start off by saying that Gina and I are meeting the trucker with all our stuff from Toronto to NJ on Dec.20th. Her company pays for the unpacking, as well. We spend two nights tripping over all of our crap in new strange surroundings then get on a big bird and head to Phx Dec. 23.

Anyone else with far away travel plans?? I figured it was curious to ask with all of our recent activity on the wonderful TSA? I'm thinkin' I'll wear a thong under my jeans! :hysterical:

Why not just wear a trench coat with nothing under & after you pass through buy some clothes in airport shops. Just a suggestion

Our son got married in October and his company transferred him to the Dallas Metroplex. Barbie and I decided to book a four day cruise out of Mobile, Al on 12/23 through 12/27 to Cozumel, Mexico. No Christmas stress, presents, cards, etc. We did this three years ago with my son and his girlfriend. It was one of the best and stress free Christmas seasons we have had.

Enjoy your kids when they are small, in the blink of an eye they are grown up and you wonder were the time went. We always made a rule that Christmas was spent at home with our kids opening presents at the house.

It will be the first year our son is not home with us, but that is life ..........

GG

Gotta work, the ER is open 24/7. I don't mind working on holidays (someone has to do it), I have promised myself in Iraq that if I made it back home I will not worry about the small things and whatever situation I may be placed in, nothing can be as bad as what I have experienced over there. As long as I am alive, have my well being, my wife, great friends and family, a roof over my head and a bed I am good to go. I will never forget that and I wish those overseas away from friends and family serving in the military a safe return. :salute:

Gotta work, the ER is open 24/7. I don't mind working on holidays (someone has to do it), I have promised myself in Iraq that if I made it back home I will not worry about the small things and whatever situation I may be placed in, nothing can be as bad as what I have experienced over there. As long as I am alive, have my well being, my wife, great friends and family, a roof over my head and a bed I am good to go. I will never forget that and I wish those overseas away from friends and family serving in the military a safe return. :salute:

FordRocks1,

I never 'served'. Thank you for your service my man...and you have the RIGHT attitude!!!

Too bad it takes terrible things and surroundings for us in our daily 'easy' lives here on protected soil, to see how small most things really are!?

To all: Thanks for your responses here on my thread, and please enjoy your families this holiday, and HUG each and every one of your friends and loved ones that you come in contact with. That day could be the last!

PEACE...

Staying home with the "baby"--my new Shelby of course!!!!!!! Since I live in the Northeast and the weather here really "sucks", I will be removing the cover from the Shelby to just imagine what it will be like in a few short 4 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived