TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Famoso Raceway 2010 Dec.

pottydr

Myself and Alex (Vapor GT500), went racing withe the MB of America car club, Alex has a very nice AMG and I took the white car, lot's of BMW's and other high end cars, Even seen a E63 AMG hit the wall head on abut 80ft down the track, wasn't pretty and he did not tell his wife that he was taking the brand new car to the track, I felt sorry for him as he is probably getting a beating right now. Any way these AMG"s are no joke, they launch hard with no wheel spin and they fly, I did beat a couple of 5 series BMW's and it was cold out there, Most of they day I got a beating as those cars are awesome, But I was the only one there with street tires, owell was a fun day hanging out and seeing some awesome cars, My best time was 12.03 and Alex's was low 11's all the time. camera battery went dead after 10 minutes :finger: excuse the camera guy, was his first time filming

th_20101204110946.jpg

th_20101204122954.jpg

Had a GREAT time. Stayed at Rick's house the night before as he lives 15 minutes from the track. Thanks Rick for the great hospitality. We stayed up till about 5am, then got to the track about 9am. The track was not as fast as it usually was, but still a great time!!! I was so proud of Rick for running a 12.03 on heavy 20'' wheels with 360 treadware hard as a rock street tires. I think that is a Shelby GT record on street tires. Almost 11's in full weight street trim!!

My E55 ran consistently, but not the 10.76-10.79's I have run before. Since changing my X-pipe and throttle body, my tune is running pig rich at 10.9's. I data logged the car to see what was going on. It is my daily driver with 76K miles on it and I love it. I will post a video here later.

Alex

Sweet Alex and Rick.........always a great time at the drags!

Cant wait to run mine in April! :happy feet:

I can't wait until you run in April too. Judging by how well you did on the salom in Terlingua, I bet you will tear them up too on the drag strip too!!

Alex

Archived