TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grill Emblem replacement

grapepa

I need to replace the grill emblem (tri bar running horse)on my 2007 GTH.I have the part any short cuts on how to replace It ?

07GTH350

should be able to remove the radiator cover panel and reach what you need to get to. if not then remove the grill housing and simple reach simple fix.

should be able to remove the radiator cover panel and reach what you need to get to. if not then remove the grill housing and simple reach simple fix.

Remove radiator cover then (pull pushpins out) there are 4 catches two on each side pry them open and pull on grill up and out then you can replace the emblem

So are we supposed to trust those little speed nut clips to hold it on, or do you guys have any other suggestions? Just wondering because I just got my replacement in and was not getting a warm fuzzy about the way they were held on.

if you post a pic ill tell you if that is what is holding mine in place?

So are we supposed to trust those little speed nut clips to hold it on, or do you guys have any other suggestions? Just wondering because I just got my replacement in and was not getting a warm fuzzy about the way they were held on.

Those little clips are pretty tough but I still added a dab of silicone sealant (sold as "Goop" at Home Deport, Lowes etc) behind the nuts to be sure.

• 4 months later...

Those little clips are pretty tough but I still added a dab of silicone sealant (sold as "Goop" at Home Deport, Lowes etc) behind the nuts to be sure.

5 months after my first post I tried to replace the running horse in the grill.The way the replacement mounts is different than original.The one on the car is held on by 1 piece of metal.Goes from one push pin up past 5 bars in grill then to the other push pin.The new one has two u shaped clips that go on one bar and push pin

then the other clip goes on a bar and push pin.The stock one also looks to have a piece of foam or tape between the bracket and grill also looks like glue on each push pin and clip.Would like to keep car as produced.any Ideas?

Terry

07H350

Terry can you post a picture? I want to replace mine as well and you know what they say " a picture is worth a thousand words ".

What did you get for a replacement? The mount sounds the same as mine with the one piece of metal that only uses two of the pins (top and bottom). I've replaced mine twice. The replacement with have 4 pins off the back, but only the two mentioned are used. At least that is how the '06 is, I wasn't sure if the '07s were any different or not. The grille housing is completely different from 06 to 07.

What did you get for a replacement? The mount sounds the same as mine with the one piece of metal that only uses two of the pins (top and bottom). I've replaced mine twice. The replacement with have 4 pins off the back, but only the two mentioned are used. At least that is how the '06 is, I wasn't sure if the '07s were any different or not. The grille housing is completely different from 06 to 07.

jeff,

i just had mine apart. and i didn't notice any difference on the upper grills from 06 to 07. i thought they might have used the grill inset on the 07 but was like the 06 with cut out pony and fog lights. did notice it appeared they glued the pony on my 07. so replacing my emblem will take me a little longer than expected. i just put it back together :hysterical: didn't want to mess with the glue yesterday.

Hi!

I'm interested to buy a running horse emblem for my GTH this emblem is available ?

Thanks! Ray

It is the same emblem used on the drivers side fender from a 1966 Mustang. Available at any Mustang parts house for $10-$20. Part number C5ZZ-16229-B.

Now the mounting bracked was made by Shelby and can pop off and not fit so well as seen above once removed. So sometimes you will find where people have re-glued it on, or other. I have been able to salvage the bracket and use it both times I have changed mine.

I have been thinking of taking mine off - what do you think. I have already covered the faux cap and horn center with Shelby - all can be changed back. I sorta like the "clean grill" look. I havent done it yet, but what are your thoughts.

Do whatever you want and enjoy.....I took mine off and put a snake on. I love it.......

Cool - can you point me to which one you used.

Many thanks, Casey

For those who want to replace the emblem....I got mine from AmericanMuscle.com they included an additional mounting bracket if the original metal one comes loose. It looks like a large black disk which I didn't use it though cause I wanted to use stock bracket. See photo.

post-32883-0-63298000-1305133952_thumb.jpg

post-32883-0-63298000-1305133952_thumb.jpg

For those who want to replace the emblem....I got mine from AmericanMuscle.com they included an additional mounting bracket if the original metal one comes loose. It looks like a large black disk which I didn't use it though cause I wanted to use stock bracket. See photo.

I bought mine from Shelby.

Only has the 4 items to the left of the Pic.Do not know how to get the little push clips of the original Emb.l\Looks like i would need to break off the two studs.

Terry

07H350

I bought mine from Shelby.

Only has the 4 items to the left of the Pic.Do not know how to get the little push clips of the original Emb.l\Looks like i would need to break off the two studs.

Terry

07H350

I simply pulled the emblem straight out and the clips just dropped. If you wanna reuse them I imagine you can flatten the clips with needle nose pliers so they make good contact next time they're used. If they're not tight when puttingthem back on I imagine you can use a silicone "goop"(Home Depot) as one member recommended. Apply on end of the pin to prevent clip from slipping off.

resizeemblem2.jpgresizeemblem1.jpgI replaced my pony grill emblem this past week. I bought my emblem from Mustang of Chicago. I replaced the sticky tape on the back side of the emblem with a similar tape, this keeps the part from moving side to side. Also replaced the "shield". this is the big plastic piece that covers the grill and radiator. Cleaned up the area and looiks great.

P5140070.JPG

resizeemblem1.jpg

resizeemblem2.jpg

P5140070.JPG

Just replaced my mustang grill emblem last week .Bought off of ebay was same as the one on both said shelby on back of them .Had to take hood pins loose to get cover out .Then i just pulled the grill out easier for me FYI you dont want to drop the clips that hold the emblem on .They are hard to find if you drop them TRUST ME!!!!!!!

I decided to take mine off. I can always put it back.

In may 'opinon ', it loojs great, The mustang emblem seem to clutter the grill and break the nice horizontal lines. Everything looks good and soliid now.

To each his own - but I really like it.

BTW, the only pony left on my GTH is the windshield (hardly noticable). Casey

I decided to take mine off. I can always put it back.

In may 'opinon ', it loojs great, The mustang emblem seem to clutter the grill and break the nice horizontal lines. Everything looks good and soliid now.

To each his own - but I really like it.

BTW, the only pony left on my GTH is the windshield (hardly noticable). Casey

What did you do with the pony on the horn.........

Soft Top if you search for this you might find it. I saw where owners did do exactly what you asked about.

What did you do with the pony on the horn.........

Dont quite follow you. Is the horn viewable from the outside. That is mostly the mods I am doing. Leaving all under the hood the same. That is what is cool about mustangs. Made for changes (just make sure to keep everything to change it back......one day)

• 2 weeks later...

post-25404-0-24635600-1305387713_thumb.jpgpost-25404-0-47513300-1305387699_thumb.jpgI replaced my pony grill emblem this past week. I bought my emblem from Mustang of Chicago. I replaced the sticky tape on the back side of the emblem with a similar tape, this keeps the part from moving side to side. Also replaced the "shield". this is the big plastic piece that covers the grill and radiator. Cleaned up the area and looiks great.

Did you put anything in place of the pony removed? (I took mine off too - it makes the grill more clean lines.

Also, is the "shield" really needed. I find it a hassel to work around. Any reason bad if I just leave it off?

Casey

Did you put anything in place of the pony removed? (I took mine off too - it makes the grill more clean lines.

Also, is the "shield" really needed. I find it a hassel to work around. Any reason bad if I just leave it off?

Casey

it kinda holds the hood support in place. or what ever its called.

Archived